Lingard wants football and track

Advertisement
USC would be a good choice for him. They have a great track program and top football team. I just want to see the kid make the best decision.

This poster must wear a monocle.

bender-monocle.jpg

Basically wants a program with both good football and track, wants to do hurdles in 2020 olympics (got info from CS)

Love the young man's ambition, but his competing in the 2020 Olympics is likely a pipe dream. Doesn't matter where he goes to college or who's coaching him. Almost impossible to juggle college football, especially a running back absorbing hits, with training to compete at the international level. His sophomore football season (2019) would hopefully end with a bowl game in late December or January and the track and field trials for Tokyo will be in late May or early June. That's a ridiculous turn around.

Not to mention, he's nowhere near Olympic level elite in the 100m hurdles.

USC would be a good choice for him. They have a great track program and top football team. I just want to see the kid make the best decision.

It's nice to see that we have altruistic fans like Señor Wingz who simply wants to see kids succeed at the best school for them.

Advertisement
I figured this recruit was a long shot and with that latest bit of info (realistic or not), that seems to be the case.

Advertisement
I figured this recruit was a long shot and with that latest bit of info (realistic or not), that seems to be the case.

Don't you just want to see this kid go to the best place for him?

I want everyone to go to the best place for him. When the recruit has talent like he does, then I hope we're that place for them.

[video=youtube_share;2KgAilTTZnQ]https://youtu.be/2KgAilTTZnQ[/video]

Advertisement
Back