Lingard and Jamarcus Chatman riding in the same car together

Advertisement
In the words of my guy Joe Rose, you idiots that think we should drop Wiggins deserve the #AssClown alert. Per Ivins updates on the current Pylon 7on7 Tourney Wiggins is being hounded by Gayturds & Bama but he said he's solid to to our Canes and he's not taking any officials to other schools!! So you #AssClown s want to drop him again why???

In the words of my guy Joe Rose, you idiots that think we should drop Wiggins deserve the #AssClown alert. Per Ivins updates on the current Pylon 7on7 Tourney Wiggins is being hounded by Gayturds & Bama but he said he's solid to to our Canes and he's not taking any officials to other schools!! So you #AssClown s want to drop him again why???

Most clueless fanbase going. I'm amazed sometimes.

Wiggins is a stud

Bunch of know nothings that havent played a down of football in their lives.

Wiggins has the highest ceiling of any WR on the board. Dude could be the next Terrell Owens. And these fools want to drop him for a chili dog nerd who has never faced a single Div1A caliber CB in his life and cares more about getting good grades than being a savage on the field. lol.

Or the track scrub who caught two balls all season last year, despite world class track speed.

lulz.

Advertisement
Schwartz is too much of a risk. He needs time to develop as a WR and there is HUGE chance he might not ever play COLFB due to olympic aspirations. If he wasn't olympic bound i'd have no problem taking him on but imo his future is on the blocks not on the hash. This recruiting cycle is too important for us to be taking unnecessary risks. It's just the wrong year for him.

He still has his senior years to develop his wr skills further. What's the difference between him and Wiggins? Wiggins lack of speed could easily hinder his game translating to the next level.

The difference would be Wiggins is a guy who will be 100% focused on honing his craft in football and Schwartz will not. I don't think we're recruiting wiggins for his speed were recruiting him for his size/wingspan. We got 3 WR's with speed last cycle in harley, thomas, and dallas and two this cycle with Hightower and Pope. I like what Wiggins brings to the table. I know you can never have enough speed but when you have 5

Disagree... there have been plenty of football players, even former hurricanes who've done both. Besides, if Wiggins sucks he can spend all days "honing his craft" and it won't matter. He'll be limited regardless. Kevin Beard Polly spent 100% Of his time on football and he had what? One good game while he was here? You have one guy with limited abiktiy speed wise and another guy with super elite speed who says he wants to do both. I'd take the super fast guy over a slow big guy especially when you already have bigger guys who are faster.

I'm not going to put myself in a corner before these kids play their senior years. Both have something to prove on the field.

Last edited:
Schwartz is too much of a risk. He needs time to develop as a WR and there is HUGE chance he might not ever play COLFB due to olympic aspirations. If he wasn't olympic bound i'd have no problem taking him on but imo his future is on the blocks not on the hash. This recruiting cycle is too important for us to be taking unnecessary risks. It's just the wrong year for him.

F it; give Schwartz a track scholly and then bring him on as a preferred walk on....but as far as the 4th, swing after X Will, then Austin, and if neither pan out, holla at Moore. But I agree w u on Schwartz, and I said the same thing bout his Olym aspirations. At the same time, if he likes our track program and we wanna mess around w FB on the side, y not?

been said many of times once he steps on a football field that scholly turns into a football one.

Don't know why people can't grasp these simple concepts.

No kidding Sherlocks. I said get him here on a track scholly, and IF he wants to do football on the side, we can do that. Meaning we can see where we are at if or when he comes around to play football.

Advertisement
Didn't read through this whole thread. But people want to drop Wiggins?????

Man......glad some of you aren't talent evaluators.

Schwartz has speed, but other than that he sucks

Speed kills

Not 1 DB in the ACC can catch Schwartz...

Football speed is different from track speed, he's fast but he's not a ball player like some of these other guys, I'd take Williams and Austin over him but it would be a toss up between him and more

lol toss up between him and Moore, how so? Moore is an excellent route runner with good hands and great speed. Schwartz has elite speed and is an average route runner. How is that a toss up?

You said it yourself "ELITE speed" there's a chance moore might be a really good reciever but he will never blow the top off the defense like Schwartz will, coach's won't have to hang a safety over top of Moore, you cannot teach elite speed, but you can teach route running and consistency in catching with the right coaching, which we have. That being said, even with the higher ceiling of Schwartz, I still think he is to focused on track to ever truly make an impact so the question lies: 1. Do I take a good reciever whos talent level might be a role player to a starter at Miami? 2. Do I pursue an elite speed prospect who coach's will need to find ways to prevent him from home run plays?
Hence why I call it a toss up.

Schwartz has speed, but other than that he sucks

Speed kills

Not 1 DB in the ACC can catch Schwartz...

he wont have an impact greater than anybody else that we will already have in this class or last class and it's almost a 100% certainty that he will make less of an impact than any of them.

so I dont care how fast he is, he wont be a cane the end.

Advertisement
The same dudes even suggesting we drop Wiggins would be foaming at the mouth if he wasn't commited too us but was about to pull the trigger.

The psychological damage done by Gorlden and Shatnnon is serious.

Advertisement
Saying that someone prefers Austin to Wiggins and at the same time insinuating Wiggins is a good player does not equate to dropping Wiggins. Some of us may feel and logically support that Austins long term upside may actually be higher.

Some of you need to learn to read and to relax.

I'd take Austin over wiggins

lol why would you want a chili dog nerd that plays absolute shi* competition? He shows out in noncontact drills and only against scrub players in real games.

And what DB's is Wiggins schooling? And plenty of nerd players have been dogs here. Vilma, Randall hill etc. etc. you want smart players on your team. It's pretty obvious you've never played football **** I'm not even sure you've players a chump sport like tennis. I'm thinking Nerf pool or goldfish.

It's a pointless debate to have in the first place because we are not going to drop Wiggins - end of story. We were looking good regarding Austin for a brief moment there a couple months back but since then he is leaning towards Notre Dame from what I understand.

There is no use in tearing down a current commit who has been nothing but loyal to us for the sake of propping up a player who is likely headed elsewhere and is on paper just marginally more talented than Wiggins. All it does is divide the fanbase over a silly question, which often creates vitriol on this board, making it more annoying to navigate for myself and I suspect others as well.

I read a post by Franchise a couple of weeks ago basically stating that because of the depth and quality of talent in this years WR class in South Florida, there is a near certainty that we will not end up taking a guy who could have contributed quite a bit. I completely agree with that sentiment. That guy could be Austin if he goes elsewhere, or it could be Wiggins if we for some reason drop him.

This has been a special recruiting season so far and I would rather keep riding the positive energy instead of witnessing people fight it out over a bunch of stupid stuff. Remember, all a recruit or parent has to do to read this board is to type the name in on google. This debate over dropping a true Miami raised prospect who has been steadfastly loyal to us and has been integral in bringing in a big-time prospect at the same position he plays is below us.

If Pete or Ivins bring this up as a possibility in the future, than sure, we can and should discuss and debate that like we did with Dingle last year. But as long as the coaches and the recruit are saying repeatedly and publicly that he is coming to Miami, we shouldn't do anything to undermine that.

My apologies for the long post, but this is a pet peeve of mine and I enjoy visiting this board without having to wade through a sea of crap to get to the good stuff.

Last edited:
The same dudes even suggesting we drop Wiggins would be foaming at the mouth if he wasn't commited too us but was about to pull the trigger.

The psychological damage done by Gorlden and Shatnnon is serious.

My buddy and I still go to weekly meetings for the PTSD

Advertisement
Back