Lingard and Campbell Game

Canefan70

Redshirt Freshman
I wanted to post a few bits of information on Lingard and Campbell from last nights game. DP came from behind to win 24-21. I must say that the figures and numbers and performance that I describe is second hand information from a close friend that attneded the game. As I have stated previously his son will be playing OL for DP over the next few years. Please do not come back with any negativity as I am sharing information that was told to me. Also I am a Canes fan to the core and want all our player to acheive greatness. I have been hyping up Lingard for a while to my friend so take that into consideration as well when reading the comments.

Lingard- 24 carries 80 yards and 2 TD's. He did not have any long runs on the night. He did bang one in from the goal line. At first notice he seems smaller than his reported size. He is listed on 247 as 6'1'' 190 but I was told he is not even 6' tall and weighs 175 tops. My friend was talking to a Texas Tech recruiter who was on the field pre-game (there to see twin LB's for DP) and he said Lingard is very fast and explosive but has to get to 190lb at the next level to be effective. Lingard's OL was erratic as he had some 4 and 5 yard carries but also lost yards on some plays as well. Overall you get the feeling that Lingard could bust one at any time but he relies more on speed and quickness than power. My firend did notice Lingard and Campbell shaking hands before the game which is cool.

Campbell- Had a dominant night with his opposition for the most part. He did have an offsides penalty and a false start. He did give up one bad sack but overall played a very solid game and stuck out on the offensive line for DP. He was matched up against guys that were smaller and faster than him but he did well for the most part. They did not run much behind him in the first half but did so in the second half when they came back to win. DP was getting good chuncks of yards when they ran to his side.

Overall we have two solid players committed that should be able to help us over the next few yesrs. Peace out.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Appreciate the update, have seen the size stuff happen all the time but nowadays it seems less and less with verified measurements at camp. Just need to get some comparison pics goin, lol...

But it happens all the time, I have seen Pope measurements all over the place, as high as 6'1 but I dont think he is that big. More like 5'11.

Tweed said lingard is 6'1 198

On top of that he measured in at 6'0.5 190 at the Nike opening testing in February

My buddy told me Lingard was 5-6 inches shorter than Campbell when he stood next to him. He was comparing him to other players getting up from the pile during the game. This doesn't mean much as he will get bigger and the weight will not be an issue. Obviously all the other major programs who offered him don't think so either.

I wanted to post a few bits of information on Lingard and Campbell from last nights game. DP came from behind to win 24-21. I must say that the figures and numbers and performance that I describe is second hand information from a close friend that attneded the game. As I have stated previously his son will be playing OL for DP over the next few years. Please do not come back with any negativity as I am sharing information that was told to me. Also I am a Canes fan to the core and want all our player to acheive greatness. I have been hyping up Lingard for a while to my friend so take that into consideration as well when reading the comments.

Lingard- 24 carries 80 yards and 2 TD's. He did not have any long runs on the night. He did bang one in from the goal line. At first notice he seems smaller than his reported size. He is listed on 247 as 6'1'' 190 but I was told he is not even 6' tall and weighs 175 tops. My friend was talking to a Texas Tech recruiter who was on the field pre-game (there to see twin LB's for DP) and he said Lingard is very fast and explosive but has to get to 190lb at the next level to be effective. Lingard's OL was erratic as he had some 4 and 5 yard carries but also lost yards on some plays as well. Overall you get the feeling that Lingard could bust one at any time but he relies more on speed and quickness than power. My firend did notice Lingard and Campbell shaking hands before the game which is cool.

Campbell- Had a dominant night with his opposition for the most part. He did have an offsides penalty and a false start. He did give up one bad sack but overall played a very solid game and stuck out on the offensive line for DP. He was matched up against guys that were smaller and faster than him but he did well for the most part. They did not run much behind him in the first half but did so in the second half when they came back to win. DP was getting good chuncks of yards when they ran to his side.

Overall we have two solid players committed that should be able to help us over the next few yesrs. Peace out.

Your friend was spotted leaving the game

blind-man-walking-o.gif

Advertisement

Look, I trust Brock when it comes to the height and weight of players.

As for your friend who estimated Lorenzo at "175 tops", are you sure that's not someone who weighs 300, but swears he's 240?

Texas Tech recruiter there during the dead period seems legit.

Lo being under 6'0 & 175 also seems legit.

Regardless of his official height 6'0.5 (without shoes) and weight 190 (right after track season) at the Nike Opening.

Advertisement
Is Lingard's school still running the same type of offense? If so, I wish they would do more to build their O around Lorenzo

Well I physically was at the game and Lingaurd is at least 6'1 and in the 185 to 190 range and he looks the part. All Linguard did yesterday (DP stacked 9 on the line the whole game) was have powerful runs up the middle, he rarely went to the outside and I only recall him missing one whole the entire game in which he would have had a larger gain. My Gator friend was with me and even commented that it takes at least 2 people to take him down and fought hard for every yard. Most of the 3rd quarter was him blocking for the QB or other small white WR who they would hand the ball off to, and every block he provided was physical.

Both Lo and Campbell are captains and shook hands at the middle of the field, I was the old man that got to the game 1 hour early and both had been chatting it up at middle field prior. Lo also seemed to be bothered by cramping or some type of muscle strain most of the game but if I had one word to describe him that would be physical.

He had 2 go alone TDs which he fought real hard to hit.

I didn't focus to much on Campbell but the dude is just large and most of the time the DP QB would run out of the pocket and Campbell would back peddle stick is large arms out and that would prevent at least two Defensive DP players from making a play.

Lo practiced with a "U" sweatshirt pre-game and Campbell is massive.

Advertisement
Texas Tech recruiter there during the dead period seems legit.

Lo being under 6'0 & 175 also seems legit.

Regardless of his official height 6'0.5 (without shoes) and weight 190 (right after track season) at the Nike Opening.

aka The OPs friend is a dumbass.

Advertisement
Here is a picture from back in April that I took of Cam, TB, & Lo.

Cam is 5'10-11ish, TB is 5'10-11ish, & Lo is obviously shorter than both of them.

21077301_10159386696330045_2179831805930004377_n.jpg

"Campbell- Had a dominant night with his opposition for the most part. He did have an offsides penalty and a false start. He did give up one bad sack but overall played a very solid game and stuck out on the offensive line for DP. He was matched up against guys that were smaller and faster than him but he did well for the most part. They did not run much behind him in the first half but did so in the second half when they came back to win. DP was getting good chuncks of yards when they ran to his side. "

Not sure how he was offsides I don't recall him playing D. He had one false start which was kind of funny because he lost his balance and slowly fell backwards on his a**. The DL from Orange I would describe as small but I don't know if I'd use fast. They got no pass rush all game and had one sack which was #4 Fiason but I don't know if he beat Campbell, it was more the QB extending the play and got caught. DP ran a lot with the QB and the RB who's going to VT as a DB was solid and had a huge run but did not show any breakaway speed. I think Campbell matched up with #30 on Orange most of the game and the kid was pretty tall and around the same height has him so smaller DE doesn't fit the mold.

Lo honestly is the only one on the team that looks like a legit D1 player and was much bigger than the majority of DP players, kid was tall and build well.

I saw Lo at the Mark Richt camp and he looked every bit of 6'0"-6'1" to me. I was surprised by how tall he was.

Shame on the people who upvoted this fake news

Advertisement
Back