Linebacker Recruiting

Advertisement
We have signed 1 Four Star Linebacker since the 2017 Class. 5 years worth of three stars. 2017 was Manny's first real recruiting class as DC and it hasn't gotten better with Baker.

The scheme is awful but the issues don't end there. We have **** linebacker play because we recruit average linebackers and they get coached by two guys who have never played Linebacker. *Baker did play linebacker in college, 3 year starter at Stephen Austin University Aka Linebacker U

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.
I feel like this is a never ending talking point on ci.
no elite lb wants to play in this defense. It’s set up for the dl to get up the field. You need a strong heavy ilb to take on the blocks that the dts are not helping the ilbs with. It’s not about stars as much as it is not recruiting the right type of lb for our scheme with the exception of Flagg who I think can be good in our d if everyone will be patient, he was only a true freshman last year

Flagg I think can be serviceable if he has a very good WILL & striker surrounding him covering up for his deficiencies in speed & coverage
Will and striker are not going to effect our Mike position. striker isn’t going to do anything against the inside run.

Advertisement
Back