Linebacker Recruiting

Advertisement
IMO we are very solid at LB now. Big upgrade in speed and athleticism. Here is my view:

2018: Patrick Joyner (Forgotten man. Dude is big enough to plug the middle, set the edge and plenty fast enough to get wide)
2019: Brooks and Huff (Both have Size and Speed and Star potential)
2020: Cave (Speed/aggressive), Flagg and Keshaun Washington ( I believe he will be a Striker or outright LB, more speed)
2021: Troutman (prototypical fast new era LB) , Tyler Johnson (good size fast agressive), Hammett (great at rushing the QB), Thomas Brown (hybrid LB/DE with good size, fast and versatile) and I'll add James Wms (fast, can be used at SS/FS, Striker, Rush End/Edge Blitzer and Middle Blitzer)

IMO we are very solid at LB now. Big upgrade in speed and athleticism. Here is my view:

2018: Patrick Joyner (Forgotten man. Dude is big enough to plug the middle, set the edge and plenty fast enough to get wide)
2020: Cave (Speed/aggressive), Flagg and Keshaun Washington ( I believe he will be a Striker or outright LB, more speed)
2021: Troutman (prototypical fast new era LB) , Tyler Johnson (good size fast agressive), Hammett (great at rushing the QB), Thomas Brown (hybrid LB/DE with good size, fast and versatile) and I'll add James Wms (fast, can be used at SS/FS, Striker, Rush End/Edge Blitzer and Middle Blitzer)

2017: Jennings is healthy now too...

Keshawn Washington is rail thin and was playing safety in the few practices we saw in spring

Advertisement
Keshawn Washington is rail thin and was playing safety in the few practices we saw in spring
1595968918647.png

Looking at our last couple classes under Manny - our RB, WR, TE, OL, DL and safety recruiting has been elite.

CB has been underwhelming and QB is incomplete (even though I really like TVD).

LB seems to have been talented guys that are underrated. I think that an ELITE LB and CB is what’s missing from the D.

Troutman is a beast. Just went through his highlights (15 mins!)
He has elite closing speed, instincts and tackling ability.

Brooks, Huff, TAC and Troutman seem to have the best physical traits.

Flagg is a great football player - his instincts make up for his lack of speed/size.

Can anyone that has seen Tyler Johnson or Hammett assess their projections as off the ball linebackers? Their highlights are mainly as Rush Ends.

While I really would like Lewis to be in the class (depending on what the full story is) I think that we have some high upside players already.

I haven't got a chance to watch his film but a lot of people say Tyler Johnson is the best LB in South Florida for the 2021 class.

Advertisement
Back