Linebacker Recruiting

I love Cave and Troutman. From a highlight film standpoint, which is admittedly an incomplete picture for a LB, there is nothing I don’t like.

They can diagnose, they are fast and they are physical. Both put up huge numbers and both fit this defense.
This is Spot on.........$$$$$$$$$$$

Advertisement
It's sad that Waymond Steed became an afterthought. The LB's I think about are Brooks, Huff, TAC, and McCloud.

We've good depth at this position, but it's unproven. I can live with that. This may be the most athletic LB group since Butch boys left the program.

Looking at our last couple classes under Manny - our RB, WR, TE, OL, DL and safety recruiting has been elite.

CB has been underwhelming and QB is incomplete (even though I really like TVD).

LB seems to have been talented guys that are underrated. I think that an ELITE LB and CB is what’s missing from the D.

Troutman is a beast. Just went through his highlights (15 mins!)
He has elite closing speed, instincts and tackling ability.

Brooks, Huff, TAC and Troutman seem to have the best physical traits.

Flagg is a great football player - his instincts make up for his lack of speed/size.

Can anyone that has seen Tyler Johnson or Hammett assess their projections as off the ball linebackers? Their highlights are mainly as Rush Ends.

While I really would like Lewis to be in the class (depending on what the full story is) I think that we have some high upside players already.

I've been a fan of Troutman and Cave since i first saw their film. Love Troutman and his ability to diagnose a play, then get there in a hurry. Cave has the size and speed as well as attitude to be real good at the college level. Can't wait to see both of them on the field.

Does anybody know if Tyler Johnson is still in the plans? That is the most quiet recruitment I’ve ever seen. No interviews, no social media edit posts, nothing. I’m not saying that’s a bad thing, just wondering if there is more to it.
He's Jaquan's little brother. He's not going anywhere. It's been quiet because he actually shut down his recruitment lol, there's nothing to talk about.

Advertisement
When it comes to backers, I really could care less about their stats more than any other position. Three things I care about:
1. Can they diagnose a play.
2. Can they move fast enough/take the right angle to fill the gap
3. Can they get off blocks

Our recent starting backers had issues with at least 2 of the 3.

I was encouraged what I saw with Brooks in the bowl game because he was checking all 3 (which is why he had double digit in tackles. The tape on Troutman and Cave definitely demonstrates their ability to check off all 3. Huff is surely fast enough to check all 3. Not sure about our other backers.

Meant to type stars not stats

Does anybody know if Tyler Johnson is still in the plans? That is the most quiet recruitment I’ve ever seen. No interviews, no social media edit posts, nothing. I’m not saying that’s a bad thing, just wondering if there is more to it.
Yes. He’s not going anywhere. It’s quiet cause staff knows how locked in he is. Also I’m exited to see this kid develop.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Na but we’ll see huff only sat because of his academics that kids elite just wait on it
Huff was never the best player in Broward. Brooks was the best in Dade. I think Huff will be good, I think Brooks is a piece that a team needs to win it all.

Advertisement
I hope they're both first rounders, but IMO Huff will be better. Just my $0.02. We'll see.
I wanna see how much they developed from last season. That’s what I can’t wait for. How much strength and how much they’ve grown since freshman year.

This is a good argument to have! If both have the same competitive fire to be the best then this D will be lights out!

1595943317191.png

Attachments

• 1595943316637.png
    1595943316637.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
Advertisement
Back