Lil Tua now in transfer portal

Just curious...could he just enroll as a grad student and walk on while waiting for a waiver approval? Anyone know what the rules are for that situation?
The plan is to have it ruled on before that deadline.

Idk that Gaby's logic about before the draft deadline makes any sense... if he's determined to have eligibility remaining, he's coming back to school, if not, that means he's not an underclassman with eligibility remaining and doesn't even need to declare.. he would just be in the draft.

Advertisement
Advertisement
They dug their heels in on that NC kid last year for some reason but generally I agree with you.

They also ruled him eligible to play one week before him and maye teamed up to abuse our secondary.

Eliminate him, and UNC loses. Then again, the nCAA knew that.

Doesn't matter either way, Mario didn't kneel so he blew the season before it even mattered.

But make no mistake about it, they ruled him eligible so we could lose. Not much will convince me otherwise.

They also ruled him eligible to play one week before him and maye teamed up to abuse our secondary.

Eliminate him, and UNC loses. Then again, the nCAA knew that.

Doesn't matter either way, Mario didn't kneel so he blew the season before it even mattered.

But make no mistake about it, they ruled him eligible so we could lose. Not much will convince me otherwise.
"But make no mistake about it, they ruled him eligible so we could lose. Not much will convince me otherwise."
Yep Reaction GIF

The NCAA hands these waivers out like candy these days so I'm cautiously optimistic. The only reason I'm not fully optimistic is because they know if he gets it, he might be headed to Miami.

Please cite EVEN ONE waiver of the "four games max in order to redshirt" rule.

I'll wait.

The NCAA hands these waivers out like candy these days so I'm cautiously optimistic. The only reason I'm not fully optimistic is because they know if he gets it, he might be headed to Miami.
"Medical redshirts", transfer waivers, all sorts of waivers, but have NEVER seen a pure redshirt waiver. And the description of "playing" used to be very rigid ... "step on the field for a play" was deemed to being a game played period. Stupidly, he stepped on the field and took 2 snaps in 2 games. This is like Bill Clinton "depends on what the definition of is ... is".

Advertisement
Please cite EVEN ONE waiver of the "four games max in order to redshirt" rule.

I'll wait.
I'm curious why you if you now think getting this type of waiver is unlikely? I remember you being adamant he didn't even need a waiver to play another year. Did something change in context of needing a waiver in general to he played in 4 games period?

Advertisement
You realize Lamar has yet to win ONE playoff game in his career?

Reg season wins and accolades are nice, but show me you have goods to lead teams to SB Wins!!!!

Also, go take a look at past 25 SB winning QBs
They aren’t making top dollar and eating up cap
Mahomes last year was the outlier and he was lucky. Avg salary cap hit on QB is 12.5% of cap NOT 20-25%
Wrong

Advertisement
Been hoping every day to come here and see the wavier granted. Must not be coming bc how hard is a yes or no

lol you might be right about that. Man, that would be sad but also funny

Just curious...could he just enroll as a grad student and walk on while waiting for a waiver approval? Anyone know what the rules are for that situation?

I was just about to say this. Enroll as a student and withdraw if things don’t work out. If they work out he can just be a walk-on his brother is Rich.

If he wants to be here they will figure it out

Advertisement
Back