Lil Tua now in transfer portal

If we can finally get rid of Glenn losing Johnson won't matter. Goff is in the same tier with Cousins so I know the feeling.
No worries. The Cway Lions will soon have a solution to their qb woes.
nJ6UrAqA.gif

Advertisement
Ivins taught him well. Their writing is verbatim of one another
It is odd that Gaby came out with that update at this time.

Maybe he is just hoping that his positive position in the written word will ring true.

I’d feel more confident in his waiver chances if he wasn’t practically signed to UM if this waiver gets approved. It likely being UM as his choice only gives the NCAA the opportunity to mess with us another time.

It is odd that Gaby came out with that update at this time.

Maybe he is just hoping that his positive position in the written word will ring true.

I’d feel more confident in his waiver chances if he wasn’t practically signed to UM if this waiver gets approved. It likely being UM as his choice only gives the NCAA the opportunity to mess with us another time.
His posts are timed for a reason. Many have been asking about Rogers (he's ignored them) and he then drops the Taulia nugget. I'd imagine this is close to the finish line.

Advertisement
So he could play as a walk-on in the Spring while waiting on the NCAA or would they not allow him to play while awaiting a ruling?

I don’t think he could “play” until cleared. He could observe and learn the playbook. Maybe even be a Graduate Assistant…

His posts are timed for a reason. Many have been asking about Rogers (he's ignored them) and he then drops the Taulia nugget. I'd imagine this is close to the finish line.
I sure hope you’re right.

Despite the disappointment with how the QB situation turned. I would be really happy with Tualia and Poff to go along with Emory/Brown/Judd. Though if that happened I would likely expect Brown to portal out after spring.

I sure hope you’re right.

Despite the disappointment with how the QB situation turned. I would be really happy with Tualia and Poff to go along with Emory/Brown/Judd. Though if that happened I would likely expect Brown to portal out after spring.
I don't see how we keep 5 scholarship QB's. Emory seems like a Cane through and through and probably takes a redshirt year along with Judd. My guess is Jacarri portals out.

Advertisement
I don't see how we keep 5 scholarship QB's. Emory seems like a Cane through and through and probably takes a redshirt year along with Judd. My guess is Jacarri portals out.
I know it’s not what he wants to do but I think if Jacurri muscled up to 235-240 he would be a heck of an athlete to get snaps at Hback/TE.

does lil tua have real interest in us if he does get approved or we just assuming cause his family wants him close to his brother ? Would suck if he gets waiver and goes somewhere else lol

Advertisement
I'm not against that approach.

And it actually might be a GREAT thing for other reasons.

Keep this in mind, Darrell Jackson was not OUT OF eligibility, he was just going to have to sit out a year due to the two-time transfer rule. So he was perfectly eligible to get an academic scholarship, he just could not play.

Because Taulia is out of eligiblity, he is currently unable to get an academic scholarship. So for the SPRING semester, he would have to pay his own tuition. I'm sure that AutoNation could arrange a quick "Tagavailoa brothers" commercial to provide the funding for one semester, and then Taulia wouldn't even count against our numbers.

IF IF IF he got a favorable waiver ruling after January 24th, then it seems he COULD play AND he could get a scholarship, though it might be too late for the spring semester. So we could either (a) give him an athletic scholarship for the 2024-2025 school year, or (b) possibly not even have to put him on athletic scholarship at all. I'm not quite sure on the propriety of (b), we know how it works for family members (Cristobal, Taylor), I'm not sure if we could thread that needle for the "brother of a Dolphin".

Should be an interesting next 2 weeks.
This is what I was saying a while ago. What is stopping guys from just enrolling and getting nil and not receive a scholarship? I remember your saying they would have to have not been recruited. So it’s tougher to g get HS guys to do it. But seems portal guys are perfect candidates, especially when’s guy wants to be here and doesn’t need to visit to make that decision. That seems like it would apply here. In fact it’d be the same as a walk on basically. If the walk on happens to win the job and is good so then gets nil…

It’s extra interesting because we have limited scholarship numbers. Now maybe just to 100% be safe the nil would have to be through a completely unaffiliated side from Miami. So not involve our collective….

View attachment 278449

The morning Alston commited lol

Usually when he posts, it's for a reason 👀

I understand your reasoning. Usually when there are "non-public-information" discussions like this, there is a full embargo on talking to anyone including friends and family and especially media. And the NCAA is full of lawyers. So I have trouble believing Gaby would get inside info here. ... Maybe there's a leak, who knows. Just feels like pure speculation to me.

Advertisement
Sorry for the ignorance, but how good is Taulia?

The all time passer in the Big Ten (11256 yards), even though he had Enos and Gattis as his OCs over the last two years.

Yes, he is very very good, despite what some mopes on here might say. Respectfully to @AllAboutTheU, IMHO he would be way better than what we saw from TVD these past two seasons.

Advertisement
Back