Lil Tua now in transfer portal

Advertisement
Is it a “plan” given that we don’t know if this is really a viable option or not?

I mean the definition of a backup plan is something ready to go when you miss your first option.

Flawed strategy, again.
I don't think they're going through this without having an idea his waiver gets cleared

Advertisement
You are making than more savvy than they actually are imho, I hope you are right though.
Tbh i thought it was bull**** for a while but his name was among the first QB names mentioned when the season ended. I don't think that was for nothing. I think teams inquire with the NCAA to get a gauge on whether or not a players waiver will clear. With all the backlash the NCAA took with UNC & FSU last year, I'd bet they'd be more willing to grant them. All while UM and Taulias team are engaging with NCAA pre portal announcement, UM was dealing with Ward. If Ward commits, Taulia knows he can still transfer to an upgraded program. If UM misses on Ward, then can bring in Taulia to steer ship for a year. And he's definitely going to be a hit with UM/ Fins fans who like Tua. They added Poffenbarger as insurance policy, as mentioned by a few in here and he's another adult in the room for 2025 in case JB/Emory don't take the next step.

This is either all fan fiction or a heady play.

Tbh i thought it was bull**** for a while but his name was among the first QB names mentioned when the season ended. I don't think that was for nothing. I think teams inquire with the NCAA to get a gauge on whether or not a players waiver will clear. With all the backlash the NCAA took with UNC & FSU last year, I'd bet they'd be more willing to grant them. All while UM and Taulias team are engaging with NCAA pre portal announcement, UM was dealing with Ward. If Ward commits, Taulia knows he can still transfer to an upgraded program. If UM misses on Ward, then can bring in Taulia to steer ship for a year. And he's definitely going to be a hit with UM/ Fins fans who like Tua. They added Poffenbarger as insurance policy, as mentioned by a few in here and he's another adult in the room for 2025 in case JB/Emory don't take the next step.

This is either all fan fiction or a heady play.
Again, I hope you are right.

Advertisement
Do we know the exact date he submitted waiver? Couldn’t it have been a week or two before he went public and entered portal?

Chances are he wouldn’t have entered portal and stated publicly he’s changing schools IF he hadn’t got some feedback already. I would lean that this is over far before the 24th.

Thursday

As a fellow Vikings fan, I ******* feel this in my soul. But we're drafting a QB 1st RD this year
I hope it’s not McCarthy. I’d be ok moving up for Daniels. I’m not wholly against bringing Kirk back at the right price and taking a QB. Kinda worried they run it back and take some DT at 11. Which is par for the course with the Vikings.

Advertisement
I hope it’s not McCarthy. I’d be ok moving up for Daniels. I’m not wholly against bringing Kirk back at the right price and taking a QB. Kinda worried they run it back and take some DT at 11. Which is par for the course with the Vikings.
I'm a little worry they re-sign Kirk and just run it back but I don't think so. There's too many holes on defense. Plus we haven't been this close to top 10 pick and needing a QB since...?

I'm a little worry they re-sign Kirk and just run it back but I don't think so. There's too many holes on defense. Plus we haven't been this close to top 10 pick and needing a QB since...?
Gotta be the Teddy draft. Probably having QBs go 1,2,3. I’d be shocked if Chicago allows MN to trade for number 1. I don’t know if another QB is worth taking at 11. That’s my worry.

Advertisement
Gotta be the Teddy draft. Probably having QBs go 1,2,3. I’d be shocked if Chicago allows MN to trade for number 1. I don’t know if another QB is worth taking at 11. That’s my worry.
Did you see the report that they offered the "farm" AR15 last year? If they were that ready to do that for AR15, I'd imagine they do it for Jayden Daniels and I think Ari or LAC is who they'll dance wih

Sucks we're entering year 3 of the Mario era and have zero continuity or progress in the QB room. We're relying on a guy to get a very rare waiver to save us in 2024 lol.
Mario leaned on TVD. Saban is counting his lucky stars he didn't win that battle.

Definition of a system qb, but he played at Bama and not the Big12 so you had guys saying (unironically) he’s the best thrower of a football they’ve ever seen, and now he gets the most excuses I’ve ever seen.

“They’re dealing with injuries!” He just got punked by a Bills defense that has been crippled for 2 months now. It’s the NFL. Everyone is injured by week 17.

“Claypool ran a bad route” He wet noodled two straight passes staring down his receiver the whole time and got lucky that the Bills alligator armed the first one, but gave them another shot at it.

Could the Dolphins win a Super Bowl with him behind center? Sure. The Eagles won with Foles, Tampa Bay with Dilfer, etc. But the odds are so low that everything falls perfectly into place, because he isn’t making chicken salad out of chicken ****. It’s the same **** we’re dealing with where Miami has refused for whatever reason to get with the times and go after mobile QB’s, you put yourself at a disadvantage when you take away the threat.

Dolphins could have made a run at Lamar last year, but no he was washed. Congrats to him on another MVP though.
You realize Lamar has yet to win ONE playoff game in his career?

Reg season wins and accolades are nice, but show me you have goods to lead teams to SB Wins!!!!

Also, go take a look at past 25 SB winning QBs
They aren’t making top dollar and eating up cap
Mahomes last year was the outlier and he was lucky. Avg salary cap hit on QB is 12.5% of cap NOT 20-25%

I can’t believe out of Burrow, Herbert, Love and Hurts we got Tua…wtf.

And they’re gonna pay em.
They would be dumb to pay him
Trade him to falcons or some other org that’s willing to pay stupidly, then contract another Qab reset clock for five years and build around him

THAT is the formula, these dumb ******* GMs can’t see the Forrest thru the trees

I’m going to be ****ed again when dak rapes Jerruh for 60M a year to win 12 games a year
Versus ****** redksins Giants and split w eagles only to get *** kicked in playoffs versus good opponent

Advertisement
Back