Lil Tua now in transfer portal

The Lions are built in a way they won’t be bad enough to get a QB better than Goff though.

Regret Ugh GIF by ABC Network

Advertisement
I'm not sure if anybody mentioned this yet.

But can he enroll and practice with the team in the spring while waiting on his waiver?

I know typically they can but that's usually a waiver to avoid sitting out a year (Darrel Jackson last season) vs a waiver to gain an extra year of eligibility.

Advertisement
I agree, I think his only hope would be contesting that his RS year and covid year overlapping would be unfair and diminish his ability to benefit as others had.

feel like he'd have a better shot with that personally

Exactly. He had a 5-game season and only played in 4-games. He needs to argue that his "2020 Covid year" was a piece of **** compared to the "2020 Covid year" at other schools in other leagues.

Advertisement
Any time frame on a decision for the NCAA?
Typical waiver for a hardship or petitioning for a medical RS is 3 weeks. They tell you to put it in 3 weeks prior to the date of your desired outcome or event.

3 weeks out from his waiver submission is 1/24 - the last day to add a course at UM.

Can be earlier depending on what’s in their pipeline and how busy it is.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Sucks we're entering year 3 of the Mario era and have zero continuity or progress in the QB room. We're relying on a guy to get a very rare waiver to save us in 2024 lol.
Not to mention, quality depth is still an issue at several positions.

Advertisement
Back