Lil Tua now in transfer portal

He's was a phenomenonal HS QB in his own right. Taulia was on pace to shatter every passing record in Hawaii high school football history (most set by Tua or Mckenzie Milton). It was even more impressive when you consider that Tua was at St Louis HS in Honolulu, an elite private HS that basically gets top HS players on scholarship, while Taulia was at Kapolei High School (Kapolei Hurricanes), a public high school. Don't get to recruit the best WRs at a public HS like you can at a private HS. Taulia got elite coaching at Kapolei- his high school coach was June Jones.

After Taulia moved to Alabama, he set state records there too. He's the only QB whose name shows up twice in the top 10 single season passing yards (5th and 7th most yards in a season).

He's the only QB in Bama HS football history to have 4 400 yard games. And remember, he only for played HS football in Alabama for TWO years.

Maybe Tua and Taulia were a package deal, but it's not farfetched to think Saban would have recruited a local QB who was setting state records, especially one who cut his teeth under June Jones.
I had a Bama co-worker who was friends with a physical trainer for the team. That provided that information.
Remember also Sanandaj pretty much was getting his choice of top QB recruits at that time. From my understanding he thought Tualia was too small to be a legit college QB. He had concerns about Tuan’s frame as well.

Advertisement
Friend if the staff had the confidence in Emory that you do we wouldn’t be sitting around waiting on Cam while offering him significantly more than the rest of the market. Furthermore we wouldn’t be considering to bring in a transfer from FCS who couldn’t make it at Old Dominion to replace him but you’re right let’s roll with Emory the Gawd next year and end this futile attempt at landing a Transfer QB
It also has a bit to do with the fact that he had a serious injury a little over a month ago, will miss spring and probably be very limited in the summer. He also isn’t going to be able to add the healthy weight/strength that he desperately needs during that time.

@Manfred_Cane Double fine for the Green Day reference.

Music Video Police GIF by Andrew W. K.

@PIPO He’s had a **** of an offseason.

Actually sir, it should be a triple fine, possibly higher because of the Billy Joel reference as well. I lean higher because I’m fairly certain it wasn’t intentional……..

It also has a bit to do with the fact that he had a serious injury a little over a month ago, will miss spring and probably be very limited in the summer. He also isn’t going to be able to add the healthy weight/strength that he desperately needs during that time.
I don’t see how he would miss spring. Compound fracture to the non throwing arm. A couple months and he should be about full go.

Why are you making inaccurate things up. He was injured on Nov. 11 .... that is 8 weeks ago. MOST fractures require 6-7 weeks in a cast tops. He is reportedly already throwing, with his injured arm just wrapped / compression sleeve etc. He should be a full go for Spring practice as he has another 8 weeks to get ready ... just in a non contact jersey. He will NOT be "very limited" this summer. He will have a full 6.5 months of S&C to regain strength in that injured arm. He is also 20 years old ... kids heal and recover pretty fast. (ps. I had a dramatically more serious injury just 3 years ago ... fractured and dislocated ankle ... right foot knocked off of the bottom of the leg ... tibia exposed 6". ORIF procedure (open reduction internal fixation), foot put back in place, screws, titanium rods etc. After 7 weeks was out of cast and weight bearing. LOT of soft tissue issues requiring physical therapy ... was back riding horses again in 10 weeks total.

Advertisement
Why are you making inaccurate things up. He was injured on Nov. 11 .... that is 8 weeks ago. MOST fractures require 6-7 weeks in a cast tops. He is reportedly already throwing, with his injured arm just wrapped / compression sleeve etc. He should be a full go for Spring practice as he has another 8 weeks to get ready ... just in a non contact jersey. He will NOT be "very limited" this summer. He will have a full 6.5 months of S&C to regain strength in that injured arm. He is also 20 years old ... kids heal and recover pretty fast. (ps. I had a dramatically more serious injury just 3 years ago ... fractured and dislocated ankle ... right foot knocked off of the bottom of the leg ... tibia exposed 6". ORIF procedure (open reduction internal fixation), foot put back in place, screws, titanium rods etc. After 7 weeks was out of cast and weight bearing. LOT of soft tissue issues requiring physical therapy ... was back riding horses again in 10 weeks total.
Ok fair enough. I’m not a Dr, I just remembered ready his injury was more significant than initially thought and he wouldn’t be throwing in spring.

I believe in Emory unlike most on this board and feel like he would be the unquestioned starter if he hadn’t gotten hurt at FSU. If he has spring and summer to lift without issue I think he can push a Tualia and would have no issues with him starting against UF.

Emory reminds me a lot of a young Dorsey. Now he has nowhere near the talent that Dorsey had. Not developed yet at least.

View attachment 277359
View attachment 277360
View attachment 277361
View attachment 277362

This was coming off the bye. Does it look like we went bunch formations? No, but TVD had imo his worst game as a Cane handing the ball to the other team.

TVD had 36 passing attempts offense had 453 yards, but we had all the turnovers.

We still slung it around next week @UNC also. TVD had 49 passing attempts threw for 391yards, but we had 4 turnovers. We had almost 500 yards of offense.

Then we had Clemson at home, so of course the offense was dialed back more conservative with Emory playing his first game as a starter against that defense.

Then we had UVA TVD comes back, and starts giving the ball to the other team like it was his job.

We go on road against NC State, and yea it was more conservative with TVD being hurt and mentally shot. NC state had a bad offense, so you try to grind out a win there. TVD still threw 3 INTs and fumbled inside our 10 yard line on a sack.

If I was Mario I would have been more conservative too with Emory and with TVD the way he was turning it over.

But I know narratives.

Look at the down and distance on those screenshots.

You’re saying the fact that they aren’t lined up in goal line formation on second and 12 is evidence that they didn’t go bunch?

What were they lined up in on first and 10?

It appears Maryland and Alabama are supportive of him. I assume it comes down to the NCAA?
No way they let it happen. It would set a precedent that their redshirt 4-game rule is not set in stone and that will encourage tons of additional players to request waivers that wouldn't have previously

Advertisement
No way they let it happen. It would set a precedent that their redshirt 4-game rule is not set in stone and that will encourage tons of additional players to request waivers that wouldn't have previously
Wouldn’t they need to let him know before the draft ? So if he gets denied he can enter

Does or has anybody in CFB have/had a similar situation??? In today’s modern CFB with the Covid year and apparently unlimited injury RS.

I’m asking because his seems to be a really unprecedented situation. I mean people are getting insane injury redshirt request.

Like other people have said, how is it possible McCormick could get an 8th year?

Or TVD became a TO machine because the offense changed
GT exposed him. They did to him similar to what teams started to do to Patrick Mahomes, they gave him the short stuff in the passing game.
Difference between Mahomes and TVD is he adjusted and TVD did not. He forced the 🏈 and we know the rest.
Didn't the savoir Emory play on the same offense and he didn't turn over the ball at the volume TVD. Brown played in the bowl game and wasn't the turnover machine TVD was. Yeah, but keep making excuses

Our offense changed mid season around the same time TVD became a turn over machine 😅. Go figure
Is there any anctual evidence that our offense changed mid season? Genuinely asking since I’ve seen this assertion repeated pretty frequently. We were very vanilla against Miami (OH) and Temple. The A&M game was the outlier, and it could have been a result of them playing a lot of man coverage against us.

Advertisement
Is there any anctual evidence that our offense changed mid season? Genuinely asking since I’ve seen this assertion repeated pretty frequently. We were very vanilla against Miami (OH) and Temple. The A&M game was the outlier, and it could have been a result of them playing a lot of man coverage against us.
All I know is Emory and Brown played games in the same offense and they both protected the ball better than TVD👀.
TVD played in Gattis pathetic offense and played better. Dude just wasn't studying film in my opinion.
Hopefully, he learned a lesson because he got talent

Advertisement
Wouldn’t they need to let him know before the draft ? So if he gets denied he can enter

He doesn’t have to enter the draft, ss a senior he’s automatically entered. It’s just underclassmen that declare.

And no chance it takes the NCAA until April to make the decision. Should be done in a couple weeks one way or another

He doesn’t have to enter the draft, ss a senior he’s automatically entered. It’s just underclassmen that declare.

And no chance it takes the NCAA until April to make the decision. Should be done in a couple weeks one way or another
Doesn’t he have me to add classes before that?

so what are the odds on this waiver truly?

does anyone on here feel remotely positive about it being approved?

Advertisement
Back