Lil Tua now in transfer portal

Advertisement
Actually, if we had taken Bo Nix a couple years ago the board would have been in open revolt and the whole country was clowning Oregon for betting on “Good Bo / Bad Bo”.

Penix was seen as an injury washout by a ton of people. Talented player but couldn’t stay healthy.

For all we know, Taulia or Cam or whatever is the next Nix, or Penix, or Hooker…all of whom the resident experts would have **** all over.

That’s what’s frustrating here. Just lock in one of these vets and let Dawson get to work. It might not work, but the odds are way better if they’re here for spring. Scheme matters SO MUCH here…there were a bunch of guys that could have been good here, even some of the ones that looked like dented cans, and Mario shouldn’t have gotten so up the *** of the one portal kid that has turned their recruitment into a high school drama.

Like you said, though, scheme matters immensely. You’re probably right that none of those three would’ve been received all that well if they had transferred here before the 2022 season, but it’s critically important for the sake of context to acknowledge that the career trajectories for all 3 of those QB’s would’ve looked a **** of a lot different if they played in a Mario offense under Gattis or Dawson.

- Penix has become phenomenal and he also plays with an elite WR core headlined by a Top 10 overall NFL prospect in Odunze as well as exceptional coaches in DeBoer/Grubb. Their WR core and offensive coaching compared to ours is as different as night and day.

- Hooker had multiple 3rd round WR’s in 2022 and played in Heupel/Golesh’s prolific spread that heavily emphasizes wide splits, tempo, and a vertical passing attack. Our 2022 offense, on the other hand, emphasized prolific ineptitude, constant self-sabotage, and setting the game of football back 40 years.

- Bo Nix and the Oregon offense as a whole exploded once Lanning arrived and nailed his OC hires (Dillingham in 2022 and Stein in 2023). In 2022, Oregon had their most passing yards per game since 2015 (pre-Mario) and most points per game since 2014 (pre-Mario).

All 3 of Penix/Hooker/Nix completely blew away any expectations anyone had of them when they transferred. How differently would they be viewed now, though, if they had played under Mario and one of his hand-picked OC’s?

Like you said, though, scheme matters immensely. You’re probably right that none of those three would’ve been received all that well if they had transferred here before the 2022 season, but it’s critically important for the sake of context to acknowledge that the career trajectories for all 3 of those QB’s would’ve looked a **** of a lot different if they played in a Mario offense under Gattis or Dawson.

- Penix has become phenomenal and he also plays with an elite WR core headlined by a Top 10 overall NFL prospect in Odunze as well as exceptional coaches in DeBoer/Grubb. Their WR core and offensive coaching compared to ours is as different as night and day.

- Hooker had multiple 3rd round WR’s in 2022 and played in Heupel/Golesh’s prolific spread that heavily emphasizes wide splits, tempo, and a vertical passing attack. Our 2022 offense, on the other hand, emphasized prolific ineptitude, constant self-sabotage, and setting the game of football back 40 years.

- Bo Nix and the Oregon offense as a whole exploded once Lanning arrived and nailed his OC hires (Dillingham in 2022 and Stein in 2023). In 2022, Oregon had their most passing yards per game since 2015 (pre-Mario) and most points per game since 2014 (pre-Mario).

All 3 of Penix/Hooker/Nix completely blew away any expectations anyone had of them when they transferred. How differently would they be viewed now, though, if they had played under Mario and one of his hand-picked OC’s?
Fair point, but I guess my point is that one way or the other we need a new QB and if it’s all gonna come down to scheme, we need them in sooner rather than later either way. Speed matters.

Advertisement

This is the key. Our scheme with Mario hasn’t been qb friendly.

Advertisement
Its not gonna help when Michigan wins the natty monday with their offense lol

Thinking the same thing. This guy will try to leverage Michigan's success to justify that tuff and fyzical bull**** he loves.

Deep down, Mario loves the I formation.

He thinks we have Christian Okoye in the backfield, lol .

******* meathead. I love him because I have to. But JC, he's a stubborn dude.

After two years of zero creativity mixed with congested , tight formations I will remove myself from giving takes on the offense until I see different.
Thing is we did see different the first few games of the year. Dawson's scheme was Dawson's scheme. TVD was setting records. Then the GT game and its like the whole thing changed. Was that all based around protecting TVD and trying to ground out the rest of the season?

Advertisement
Thing is we did see different the first few games of the year. Dawson's scheme was Dawson's scheme. TVD was setting records. Then the GT game and its like the whole thing changed. Was that all based around protecting TVD and trying to ground out the rest of the season?
I have long thought TVD reinjured the shoulder during the bye week. That was the beginning of the issues.....

It’s like Dawson emptied his playbook early in the year. A&M is when the creativity stopped.

Advertisement
After two years of zero creativity mixed with congested , tight formations I will remove myself from giving takes on the offense until I see different.

What!?

That’s all Dawson bro! He chooses to slow the pace down to turtles delivering anal.

All kidding aside, I really hope the lack of depth on defense as the season went on led to them essentially locking down the offense to control the clock.

I don’t believe it, but that’s the new line coming out of the Hecht.

Advertisement
Back