Lil Tua now in transfer portal

Advertisement
Not mad about this at all if he’s able to get the waiver. Proven production, can do enough with his legs to keep teams honest, can make the throws we need, can go through his reads efficiently, accurate thrower that puts the ball in good spots for his guys, and most importantly a good leader. Would hope that some of the ints would cut down here behind a really good OL with good weapons where he doesn’t have to play hero ball as much. He’d absolutely get us to 10 wins in this conference which is what we need more than anything.

Advertisement
There will be one guy responsible for Miami not hitting their ceiling if Taulia is on the roster and it won't be Taulia.
Coding Zero One GIF by Squirrel Monkey

No because Howard adds more to an offense with his run game which made K state one of the best red zone teams in the country. You wouldn’t bring Howard in to be a pure pocket passer like baby tua is

Go back one year. In 2022, prior to Gattis becoming Marylands OC, Maryland and K State had nearly identical RZ offenses (both 90% and top 20). Since that is your metric, does that mean Taulia was as valuable last year as Howard is this year?

This will be the reverse Devontez Walker. Instead of waiting till we played UNC to cave to the pressure the NCAA will wait until a pivotal moment in our season and declare him ineligible.

Advertisement
If guys like McCormick and Bowman can get waivers approved for 9th and 7th seasons seems kinda crazy that it would be a Longshot for taulia to get one when he only went 1 game over the limit for a redshirt his freshman yr and barely played in those 5...am I missing something? What makes it look better in the ncaas eyes to grant 7th and 9th seasons versus this situation.

What's wild is Bowman is his redshirt season played in only 3 games while attempting 154 passes and throwing for over 1,000 yards...Taulia in his freshman yr where he isn't currently eligible for a redshirt played in 5 games attempted 12 passes for 100 yards...

Kid is literally in national TV spots w his big bro. I'd bet he'd be less expensive than what we were willing to give Ward.

10+ win planning scenarios

Plan A. Ward (would take all NIL available)
Plan B. Salter (would take all NIL available)
Plan C. Taulia and Evan Stewart (Taulia probably goes to UM for next to nothing, give the rest to Stewart to give Taulia a #1 WR)

Taulia honestly looks pretty good. He seems to be pretty accurate, makes quick decisions and reads defenses well. He’s played a lot of football in P5, so with our OL giving him protection I think he’s actually a pretty **** good option for us. He’s also more mobile than I thought, dude has some nice runs vs P5 teams in his highlights. He’s not a bad consolation prize after missing on Ward if he gets his waiver.

Advertisement
Don't think I agree with the notion Taulia will come cheap. That's a huge assumption from everybody. Just because your family is rich doesn't make you want to sacrifice your desired worth.

You're right but:

- he won't be cam expensive
- there aren't many big time P3 teams left that are looking for a QB

10+ win planning scenarios

Plan A. Ward (would take all NIL available)
Plan B. Salter (would take all NIL available)
Plan C. Taulia and Evan Stewart (Taulia probably goes to UM for next to nothing, give the rest to Stewart to give Taulia a #1 WR)
Sign me up for Taulia and Stewart over the other 2. Get that 1st round WR type

You're right but:

- he won't be cam expensive
- there aren't many big time P3 teams left that are looking for a QB
Good points. We will probably save some sort of money if it's Taulia. No idea how much. Doubt it's enough to make all the difference for Stewart but that's just a hunch. I don't think it's an either/or situation.

Advertisement
We're all capologists over here now.

Cam Ward for 2M and nothing
Taulia for (we're just making **** up) 1M and maybe a starting free safety out of the deal?

Your brain selling you on Tyler Tagovailoa...

going norwood teague GIF

Less than a month ago, the Miami “insiders” were telling us we had our pick of Cam Ward or Will Howard. Now we are praying on waivers and breaking down UAlbany vs. Monmouth film….nasty work.

But Lil Tua me, I suppose.
Well, at least we’ve on from the Holy Cross QB.

Advertisement
Back