Lil Tua now in transfer portal

Advertisement
10+ win planning scenarios

Plan A. Ward (would take all NIL available)
Plan B. Salter (would take all NIL available)
Plan C. Taulia and Evan Stewart (Taulia probably goes to UM for next to nothing, give the rest to Stewart to give Taulia a #1 WR)
Pretty sure it was mentioned in an article that Taulia almost hit the portal before this past season and it was rumored he turned down a 1.5 mil offer. Not so sure he's gna he cheap. But if the family really wants him in Miami then maybe that gives UM the upper hand...although Miami is pretty desperate right now at the QB spot so who knows

Advertisement
Less than a month ago, the Miami “insiders” were telling us we had our pick of Cam Ward or Will Howard. Now we are praying on waivers and breaking down UAlbany vs. Monmouth film….nasty work.

But Lil Tua me, I suppose.
Where did any insiders say we had our pick? I remember people saying our top two choices and having a date to start worrying. That day passed and they preached patience, sure. But the “we’re in position pick and choose” sentiment seemed like Miami fan bravado.

Advertisement
Go back one year. In 2022, prior to Gattis becoming Marylands OC, Maryland and K State had nearly identical RZ offenses (both 90% and top 20). Since that is your metric, does that mean Taulia was as valuable last year as Howard is this year?
If you want to think Taulia is better than Howard than good for you because he’s not.

Advertisement
Pretty sure it was mentioned in an article that Taulia almost hit the portal before this past season and it was rumored he turned down a 1.5 mil offer. Not so sure he's gna he cheap. But if the family really wants him in Miami then maybe that gives UM the upper hand...although Miami is pretty desperate right now at the QB spot so who knows

I don't think UM will have to figure out any NIL deals for Taulia. I'm sure there are plenty of businesses that would pay to have the Miami QB brothers in tv commercials.

Advertisement
The biggest line from Gabys article

"What we know is that both Alabama and Maryland have been extremely helpful and cooperative in Tagovailoa getting the waiver."
Of course Alabama is going to be helpful. Next level negative recruiting strategy all season.

Advertisement
Back