Like clockwork, the miserable little *******...

...sit around waiting for Fuente or Patterson or whoever else is being discussed as a potential HC to lose. Then, they think they can make their stupid cases based off of one game, and they turn the board into a diarrhea puddle of back and forth heel digging.

I can picture those puny weasels staring at their toast that they swear has an image of Butch in it on pins and needles hoping for Cincinnati to pull out that game against Houston so they could declare Herman a failure.

Tell us how great Butch Koresh is, faqgits. Tell us how he was 8-1 and dominating teams at UNC like Larry Fedora is. Oh that's right. He never dominated at UNC like Fedora is this year. Carry on.
What's annoying is that we all like Butch and would be behind the program if he were hired. But god **** if some of these posters don't make you want to hate him and make the whole coaching discussion annoying. For some of these posters Butch coming back would be like golden on steroids. The heel digging would be terrible.

Advertisement
There is no perfect options. No one is guaranteed to be successful, this isn't 1988 and Jimmy Johnson just left and Dennis Erickson isn't going to waltz to a title. This job is different than most programs. We all know the perks of the job and the downfalls. We have learned that past successes does not make them a shoe in. Fedora was crap until this year. And Chizik will be gone soon. Also UNC was not hurting when Fedora took over. The team had numerous guys suspended and still fielded a competitive team Butchs last season there. Who knows what could've happened if he'd not been let go. The point is, none of know who will make this program great again. It's futile to make pointless arguments over it.

Butch couldn't go undefeated with the 2000 team, while playing in the Big East. Guaranteed wins weekly. And that's with the best roster in history. So I doubt he'd made a title run with unc.

Lol...Washington finished top 5, so did FSU, and VT was top 10 as well! Syracuse and WVU were all good as well. The Big East back then was better than the current ACC.

No the **** it wasn't . What are you smoking?

And washington had nowhere the talent we had, not close.
It was still Dorseys first road game in a different time zone. I mean a bad day fron your qb will derail any game. And if you are basing why a guy shouldn't be coach on one game you're insane. It's one game. He stockpiled all the talent. He took the program from the brink of destruction to the top of the mountain in 5 seasons. I just don't understand why one game makes him not worthy.

Yes , but same fans rip other coaches for losing one game , especially when they play in a crappy conference or have superior talent . My point is don't throw rocks while living an glass houses .

There's flaws or question marks with all these guys.

We can play this game with any coach or candidate.

I'd sign off on any of these dudes including Butch, even though I'm not the biggest fan

Last edited:
A quick perusal of NC's schedule shows they have had it very easy. Duke was emotionally down after we beat them and NC took advantage of it. if we beat them they have VT and NC state away so the chances of a loss are real.Pitt already has one loss so if we beat them they are behind us too.

Who is a sure thing? That's why you do a bunch of research, there's not an exact science.

I mean our fanbase would've lost it if we hired mcelwaine , "he'd only had one good year , he another Al".

No real track record .

I still wouldn't take that horse faced douche. When are we gonna learn not to crown Corches after 1 season. *See Brady Hoke, Will Muschamp.

Advertisement
...sit around waiting for Fuente or Patterson or whoever else is being discussed as a potential HC to lose. Then, they think they can make their stupid cases based off of one game, and they turn the board into a diarrhea puddle of back and forth heel digging.

I can picture those puny weasels staring at their toast that they swear has an image of Butch in it on pins and needles hoping for Cincinnati to pull out that game against Houston so they could declare Herman a failure.

Tell us how great Butch Koresh is, faqgits. Tell us how he was 8-1 and dominating teams at UNC like Larry Fedora is. Oh that's right. He never dominated at UNC like Fedora is this year. Carry on.

The Branch Davisians out in full militia force.

Who is a sure thing? That's why you do a bunch of research, there's not an exact science.

I mean our fanbase would've lost it if we hired mcelwaine , "he'd only had one good year , he another Al".

No real track record .

I still wouldn't take that horse faced douche. When are we gonna learn not to crown Corches after 1 season. *See Brady Hoke, Will Muschamp.

9-1 with that ol is one of the best coaching jobs I've seen in awhile. They were taking transfers from Furman and Nc State to just have bodies.

I might hate UF but it's super impressive

LOL. I bet you if you cross reference it is the same people who made every excuse in book for golden in last couple years. Probably last off the ship even after Blake James, heck they went down with Golden and now just look at other coaching candidates and try to be overly critical. Oh his offense doesnt score on every drive! Defense is allowing points!

No standards for Golden, extreme for anybody else

When you just got rid of one of the absolute worst coaches I believe you tend to become shell shocked. I'm pretty much over coach nominating, just ready to win. But I tell you if they hire golden 2.0 I'm just done. Not calling out any candidates just acknowledging that **** going to get ugly pretty quick if we don't get this hire right.

Advertisement
I agree with you but I'm actually HOPING they hire BUtch and we FAIL under him.

We have a delusional fan base and on top of that they are elititst who believe S.FL is the best.

If we lose under Butch, they will have zero excsuses.

Herman, Fuente or any other top coaching candidate will be run out of here and be called "not miami caliber". mark my words.

Lol....funny. Couple of weeks ago Fedora was a corch, now he's better than Butch??? Lol. Look, I agree, no need for anyone to root for any potential coach to lose, but I think postings are being taken out of context. Based upon several other threads, some are just saying that some of these "up and coming" coaches are not a sure thing either.

The problem w Fuentes is that his offense scores a ton of points, but his D gives up a ton of points and it finally caught up to him. The point was as Great as Patterson is, every year TCU loses one game against stiff competition down the stretch...no titles. Baylor is in the same boat.

Great post as usual, Relly.

Accurate and to the point.

Appreciate the love, bro.

I haven't done any of this behavior.

I still think Butch Davis is the best and most reliable option at this point in time.

I don't understand why you attack us Butch Davisians because of a few minor outliers.

Butch Davis 2016

Advertisement

I haven't done any of this behavior.

I still think Butch Davis is the best and most reliable option at this point in time.

I don't understand why you attack us Butch Davisians because of a few minor outliers.

Butch Davis 2016

I don't hear anyone deifying Butch. I see a few with the BBB line that have been relentlessly using it since before Al was fired and that behavior hasn't changed or escalated in any way, see also Cane Dynasty, Klamalama, HurricaneU, etc.

What I do see is ridiculous tethering of two different things going on, namely "hey these idiots are jumping on Herman and Fuente for losing a game" and "they must be Butch Koresh cultists," which is ridiculous nonsense.

I get the concerns discussed about Butch, I still want him, and a little less strawmanning from The Franchise and others about people being cultlike about it, or tethering us to the idiots kneecapping Fuente/Herman would be more reasonable.

I don't particularly care but the site would be less of a cesspool if both groups of tards would stfu.

If you guys haven't figured out what Franchise's schtick is by now, I feel sorry for you.

This site needs an ignore feature badly.

Advertisement
dominating teams like fedora lol. UNC has played no one. They lost to south carolina. There is no other team worth mentioning on that schedule

Reactionary post. Many of the Butch supporters, including me, are huge Fuente fans also. The Navy loss doesn't change that he is a great coach. But as someone above mentioned, I hate these stand and hold defenses w/ our recruiting base. Just not a good fit

Advertisement
Back