LIFW

I hope the company miraculously starts doing what it's supposed to, and he can continue contributions.

There's not a single thing in that Gator-driven Herald article that I care about, especially his personal life. I care about his ability and willingness to donate to Miami.
I have a new start up concept.

It involves rural areas and a special lab.

We cook'n, we roll'n $$$$, we donate'n, Miami fuccin.

Who wants in at ground level?

PS, anyone know where I can buy tyvek suits and some barrels of acetone?

Advertisement
"...Using said ill-gotten gains in his personal life, and directly funneling said gains into the university, and the football team directly implicates the university, and its players..."
ciqFGEmkmzxvjsGJhh.gif

That is a completely false statement.

The university nor its players are implicated in anything. Why would you post such incredibly stupid ******* drivel?

What is your legal or logical basis for making such a completely moronic statement?
You just wait… all it takes is one phone call from a university staffer to Ruiz at any point, telling them to focus in on player x or y (just like Nevin) for this to blow up.

Ruiz is targeted because he wouldn’t shut the **** up and had to be the face of everything UM athletics related.

I am friends with plenty of donors who you would never see on TV and have been contributing to various players for years.

If you’re gonna put yourself in the news you better make sure your closet is free of skeletons, and Ruiz is running a ******* morgue in his… lol

I suppose you can keep the tropical park stadium project fan club going if you want? Seems like a waste of time though 🤣😭🤣

I don’t follow the business and stock stuff but I don’t have to in order to know that he gets an opportunity to have a jury trial if this is where it’s going and they have to prove every element of the allegations beyond a reasonable doubt. He’s already been convicted and UM implicated in here by some though.

Let’s assume it goes competly south for Ruiz, that in no way implicates UM or the players. There is no legal basis for such a stupid argument, nor is there a logical one. Exactly how would they be implicated? That is so ******* dumb. It’s not as if anyone was involved in running his business other than his own people. Just so ******* stupid.

Why do you even post here if you hate the program that badly. Why don’t you go back to whatever hobby you have and stop posting your hatred of all things canes.
Why would any UM fan contribute to tearing down a massive difference making donor doing things no one’s previously done on a competitive level the way we saw on this board by some?

Isn’t it enough with the gator and others like them doing that and trying to hasten our demise?

We’re constantly under attack by virtually everyone else. Why would any Cane give aid and comfort to the enemy at any time let alone when we’re so pointedly under attack?

Advertisement
The absolute certainty of outcomes*

I can understand the initial excitement over Robin Hood coming out of the woodwork to “help”, but about 7 seconds into his public debut, every single spidey sense for all of you should’ve went off at 1000 decibels. This dude wrote the ******* handbook for exactly how to act if you want to go down in flames in the most spectacular fashion. Honestly, if one of our rivals planted him here to destroy the perception of the program as harmfully as possible, it’s EXACTLY how you’d want that person to act.
100000000% and anyone who keeps pandering to this moron Ruiz is just perpetuating more damage.

You just wait… all it takes is one phone call from a university staffer to Ruiz at any point, telling them to focus in on player x or y (just like Nevin) for this to blow up.

Ruiz is targeted because he wouldn’t shut the **** up and had to be the face of everything UM athletics related.

I am friends with plenty of diners who you would never see on TV and have been contributing to various players for years.

If you’re gonna put yourself in the news you better make sure your closet is free of skeletons, and Ruiz is running a ******* morgue in his… lol

I suppose you can keep the tropical park stadium project fan club going if you want? Seems like a waste of time though 🤣😭🤣

Dude, you need to slow your mind down.

I don’t give a **** about Ruiz, never have, and there’s no way the players or anyone at UM is implicated in any possible business malfeasance, because they didn’t have anything to do with running his business.

What in the actual **** are you talking about?

Why would any UM fan contribute to tearing down a massive difference making donor doing things no one’s previously done on a competitive level the way we saw on this board by some?

Isn’t it enough with the gator and others like them doing that and trying to hasten our demise?

We’re constantly under attack by virtually everyone else. Why would any Cane give aid and comfort to the enemy at any time let alone when we’re under attack?

My theory is it that it’s people that have **** going badly in their lives, so they just want to see something burn. This is their way to get out some of their frustrations. So we have to sit here and read their hysterical ramblings because they’re so unhappy in their lives.

I don’t give a **** about Ruiz, never have, and there’s no way the players or anyone at UM is implicated in any possible business malfeasance, because they didn’t have anything to do with running his business.

Every school in the NIL game has the same thing happening. The staff has a board of targets and priorities and they’re known to those who need to know. Wasn’t there a law or rule passed that now allows schools to have more involvement in the NIL stuff anyhow?

Advertisement

UM had nothing to do with Nevin’s Ponzi scheme or the running of his business either 😭🤣🤣🤣🤣 see how that set us back eh.

Ok maybe I’m out on a limb here but I would say any of the detractors of Ruiz have been saying the same thing for 2 years.

Once the court of public opinion gets involved (e.g. ESPN headline “Miami super booster Ruiz indicted for securities fraud”) it’s gonna do more damage to our brand and recruiting than an NCAA investigation will.

UM had nothing to do with Nevin’s Ponzi scheme or the running of his business either 😭🤣🤣🤣🤣 see how that set us back eh.

Ok maybe I’m out on a limb here but I would say any of the detractors of Ruiz have been saying the same thing for 2 years.

Once the court of public opinion gets involved (e.g. ESPN headline “Miami super booster Ruiz indicted for securities fraud”) it’s gonna do more damage to our brand and recruiting than an NCAA investigation will.

The Nevin Shapiro analogy is completely false. There is no comparison.

As far as public opinion and headlines, when has that not ever been an issue for Miami, in good times or bad?

Tighten up your knickers and man up a little bit. No one’s ever gonna like us anyway. What are you getting so worked up about? From a legal or NCAA stand point I don’t see anything that could happen to us or our players. But that’s what you keep saying.

Settle down cowboy.

Advertisement

Why would any Cane do anything to lend support to these types who absolutely hate us? Let it go as it will without us helping.

And IIRC, I remember some ripping his stock, and others ripping his Twitter type antics. I don’t recall anyone demanding that he cease providing money to players. Maybe there were some??? I remember people mostly demonizing him and telling him to STFU.

Advertisement
So let me get this straight. UM athletes got paid, Ruiz never missed a payment to them, and now he's obviously dealing with some business turmoil and media and people on this board trying to act like anyone other than Ruiz and LW are crooks and fraudulent? I hoped LW would have performed better but welcome to business. We haven't heard one peep about his NIL deals being an issue so why do people care so much?

Shapiro's scheme provided impermissible benefits to student athletes.

Miami's problem there wasn't Shapiro's business but the disallowed "benefits" to the athletes.

Are you saying Ruiz has done the same?

Just because he's an alleged fraudster douche doesn't make his contributions, per a legally defined employment contract with x athlete, illegal or impermissable.

Big difference.

Can't wait to hear your take on when Saudi money starts rolling to Greentree.

Advertisement
Back