LIFW

Advertisement
shocked GIF by Isola dei Famosi

Yikes, this does not sound good.
This might explain why our recruiting appears to have slowed down when compared to last year.
Suck, we can’t have nice things. I hope this University and other boosters are serious about turning this football program around and step up to make up the difference.
Hes not our biggest donor and booster.

We went 5-7

But hey....don't let facts get in the way.

Not sure why people are so obsessed with how he decides to spend his money. He didn’t become rich because of life wallet, nor will its failure make him poor.
I don’t really give a **** how he spends his money. But let’s not act like it will be negatively recruited, not that it wasn’t being negatively recruited before when he was talking so much.

The new narrative will be that Miami NIL program fell apart Even if that’s not the case, and it just makes the work harder every time

I don’t really give a **** how he spends his money. But let’s not act like it will be negatively recruited, not that it wasn’t being negatively recruited before when he was talking so much.

The new narrative will be that Miami NIL program fell apart Even if that’s not the case, and it just makes the work harder every time
TVD didn't sign with Ruiz

Advertisement
Our biggest problem is that we are the only team I know that has a local newspaper who is always trying to undermine them and take them down. Healrd article calls Ruiz Miami's sugar daddy.
***** the Miami Herald, but the guy is actually under investigation, and they THEN gave a Miami Herald bull**** narrative around that actual fact

TVD didn't sign with Ruiz
I know that. But that’s not who needs to know when 10 recruiters are in the next kids ear. We already know some buy the lies, that is not news me telling you that.

Advertisement
Most of us would have preferred someone to move in silence but yes we were happy he was paying people to help us compete. If it wasn’t for Ruiz, you wouldn’t be cheering for Mauigoa and Samson.
Amazing isn’t it… the way they tear down the guy actually making a difference just like the gator does on their board?

What matters is that he helped us compete where we couldn’t in the past yet that’s not enough for his haters. They’d rather have no Ruiz and no top players last cycle because he’s too brash for them and their personal hate or jealousy consumes them.
This is what I don’t understand. We should be rooting for Ruiz and Life Wallet to be a success, as that will only help the school and bring in more money for NIL for recruits, that these same people will cry and say we aren’t doing enough to get. “Back up the brinks truck”. “Do whatever it takes to get this/that player”. Etc. It’s easy to say when it’s not your money. Ruiz is doing his part. We may not like/agree how he goes about it, but there’s no doubt that some of these kids would not be here without him.

This is what I don’t understand. We should be rooting for Ruiz and Life Wallet to be a success, as that will only help the school and bring in more money for NIL for recruits, that these same people will cry and say we aren’t doing enough to get. “Back up the brinks truck”. “Do whatever it takes to get this/that player”. Etc. It’s easy to say when it’s not your money. Ruiz is doing his part. We may not like/agree how he goes about it, but there’s no doubt that some of these kids would not be here without him.

Agreed. And based on the way people post and our fan base acts and talks ****, there is about 1% chance they would act differently than Ruiz if they were multimillionaires…

Great for a few participation trophies and a snow cone we'll get clowned by every NIL pundit for the next 10 years. We're cutting edge scammers, pell grant, NIL, Boats n Hoes.
We were always that to them regardless. If we worried about what they all thought we’d stay like we have for the past 20 years to their delight. These other places - like the SEC - don’t want us to have money and the ability to compete with their bags. They want us to suck… and then they’ll make fun of us for sucking as they have so if they’re going to hate us then let them hate us even more and let us be competitive again.

Advertisement
I hate how UM is even mentioned in this stuff and its bc of his loudness. id tell him, sir please keep UM out of your mouth

There are other threads about Ruiz and Lifewallet.

And the week we should be thanking him, and enjoying ourselves, getting hyped for Friday, people woke up this morning worried enough over their omelets to start a thread that will repeat the other threads…
It's those gator rumors and fsu rumors of us being broke getting everyone nervous looking for things.

Advertisement
Hes not our biggest donor and booster.

We went 5-7

But hey....don't let facts get in the way.
That’s good news.

I never claimed he was the biggest. I have no idea and didn’t imply I had some “facts”.
It just an observation, and I quantified is with “appears” and “might”, because I don’t have the facts.

However, based on the article, he did contribute millions to the NIL last year and if we want to keep pace with last year and other programs that money will need to be made up in some way. That is a fact.

TOC - any issues with the money hes already paid out to UM and our athletes in case they do bring charges? im not a finance and tax expert

TOC has it covered… remember, he gets paid by the word here… 😎

After I win the Mega Millions Jackpot this week, I’ll do my best to operate in silence… admittedly someone else’s best may be better for ensuring it happens, but I’ll try…

Advertisement
Back