LIFW

Advertisement
This thread is so stupid. The price of Life Wallet has zero to do with John's cash flow over the next few years.

The market is in the dumps. Everything speculative and pre-rev is beaten down below book value. Look at biotech for gods sake. John can't sell his shares now, nor does he want to, so whether they are at $.10 or $10 during this market turmoil is irrelevant. Stop. Just... stop.

Some of you all need to stay in your lane instead of panty-waisting about another man's wallet, a man who is living in a $75M house and flying around on a pimped out commercial jetliner.
This has happened in other threads but it's not really what's being discussed here. Which is how is the company doing and can it affect Ruiz's ability to serve as an NIL booster for the program. I think that's a legitimate topic.

This has happened in other threads but it's not really what's being discussed here. Which is how is the company doing and can it affect Ruiz's ability to serve as an NIL booster for the program. I think that's a legitimate topic.

My post addressed that. I'm over the same idiotic conversation being posted again, and again. Enjoy yourselves.

Ease my concerns and convince me LIFW and the future of UM football have zero correlation.
To ease your concerns would literally be explaining to God knows who that in some instances what you see is not always what you get. We like the idea that people believe our program is dependent on Ruiz. Not everyone wants the same attention. It's naive to think the expanse we've made & the scale of the commitments we've seen is reliant on ONE MAN BEFORE he even had the kind of funds sitting around that would make that possible. We're not...

Advertisement
We have 1 division title in 20 years and 0 conf titles in 20 years. We went 5-7 last year sunshine. Even with no teeth you can't fellate this program past mediocrity. Plenty here have tried.
No they haven’t

Same lame *** people trying to say people treat Mario like a god here

Congrats you take the opinion of one or two whackos and try and use that to pretend you’re the voice of reason

**** outta here

No they haven’t

Same lame *** people trying to say people treat Mario like a god here

Congrats you take the opinion of one or two whackos and try and use that to pretend you’re the voice of reason

**** outta here
A devils advocate will never sound reasonable on this board. Lash out if you will.

it’s always a lot easier to just say things without any evidence and play the high and mighty card

Show me some examples of this or go somewhere and criticize the 4 or 5 people that think the earth is flat while you’re at it
You want me to show evidence of sunshine post from the last 20 years? That's too much PTSD for me bud.

Advertisement
You want me to show evidence of sunshine post from the last 20 years? That's too much PTSD for me bud.
Sunshine posts and people ignoring the mediocrity of the program are different things and you know that

By all means keep trying to make yourself feel superior by saying you’re “devils advocate”

Really you’re just full of crap but hey it’s not like you’ll ever admit that to me so ✌🏼

To ease your concerns would literally be explaining to God knows who that in some instances what you see is not always what you get. We like the idea that people believe our program is dependent on Ruiz. Not everyone wants the same attention. It's naive to think the expanse we've made & the scale of the commitments we've seen is reliant on ONE MAN BEFORE he even had the kind of funds sitting around that would make that possible. We're not...
Facts.

We have a ton of renewed financial support in the program, Marcus Lemonis, the Mas brothers, Dan Lambert, the Soffers, Carlos de la Cruz Sr, Orlando Bravo & several others.

And that’s just donors that we publicly know of, that’s not including the hundreds of former players who put money in & several other businesses & alumni who specifically give money anonymously.

Miami’s got enough booster support for NIL & any other athletic endeavor to go around, Ruiz is just the most vocal/promotional by design.

this ☝️

Advertisement
Facts.

We have a ton of renewed financial support in the program, Marcus Lemonis, the Mas brothers, Dan Lambert, the Soffers, Carlos de la Cruz Sr, Orlando Bravo & several others.

And that’s just donors that we publicly know of, that’s not including the hundreds of former players who put money in & several other businesses & alumni who specifically give money anonymously.

Miami’s got enough booster support for NIL & any other athletic endeavor to go around, Ruiz is just the most vocal/promotional by design.
I feel like this has been explained numerous times by multiple people in the know on this board. But CIS gonna CIS.

Facts.

Donors to the university as a whole, donors to athletics, and NIL cooperatives are three different things. I don't pretend to know how any (or our only?) cooperative(s) are structured. All I've read, on the NIL topic, is Ruiz. And it is clear that we have attracted some talent, in multiple sports, due to NIL. If you have more information about how that (those?) are really structured and work, please share.

Donors to the university as a whole, donors to athletics, and NIL cooperatives are three different things. I don't pretend to know how any (or our only?) cooperative(s) are structured. All I've read, on the NIL topic, is Ruiz. And it is clear that we have attracted some talent, in multiple sports, due to NIL. If you have more information about how that (those?) are really structured and work, please share.
https://miamihurricanes.com/nil/#

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...-all-hurricanes-scholarship-football-players/

https://www.on3.com/nil/collectives/canes-connection-108/

Advertisement
I think it's fair to say that Ruiz occupies a very different space than anyone else doing NIL deals with Miami kids. Ruiz has brought a lot of positive press to Miami because he is so vocal about his role that I bet there are kids all over the country who know who he is. I'm not sure how many other schools can claim that distinction (if any). That is obviously a boon for Miami athletics and an advantage because he is a known commodity. Obviously, there's a downside too. But it is understandable why Ruiz seems like more of a sacred cow than anyone else in the NIL/Miami space.

https://miamihurricanes.com/nil/#

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...-all-hurricanes-scholarship-football-players/

https://www.on3.com/nil/collectives/canes-connection-108/

1 Doesn't really tell me anything.
2. Appears to reinforce Ruiz as THE NLI piece for Miami.
3. Unclear how much, if anything, that group has done.

So, while it sounds like I'm being dismissive, that is not my point. This thread started with an implicit discussion of Ruiz' financial ties to Miami NIL, and that is what I'm trying to better actually understand. It sounded like some posters had some inside knowledge, so I was curious, but I wanted to focus on what is actually happening on the NLI front.

Thanks for the time and sources.

You did hear the part he and I both stated about Ruiz takes all the attention by design right? So to keep hammering away that point doesn't really help our cause much. When what's being stated, is spoke about on a public platform that more and more people have been coming on to simply take our info shared and spread it to the masses. Anotherwords you've got all the info you should have. If you care to question it further then good luck to you. But I'd hope they'd respect the vision that's been carefully created by individuals far more important to this program than clarification on here is worth.

Advertisement
Back