Lifewallet Sports Recruiting/Portal Space November 30, 2023

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think the fact that even a flip is being considered bodes well for us.

If he’s not 100% to osu (truly 100%…not ‘recruit speak’ 100%) that’s encouraging for us. Mario and Co and his buddies down here can stay in his ear up til ESD.

LWS Recruiting/Portal Space update w/ @Geo305 and Njalik's Mom

Scott

Miami was in the driver's seat up to the summer visit
Expectation was that both Scott & Riley would commit the same week
A few weeks ago, Scott reached out to the staff, was having second thoughts
People knew Scott wanted to be in Miami

Stewart

Miami still recruiting him
NIL complications here
Miami in the thick of this recruitment

Portal QB

Miami interested in Howard and Rogers
Rogers interest is mutual
They may be interested in Shapen
A LOT of teams will be going after Ward and he's not officially in the portal yet
USC & Oregon will be after Ward in addition to Washington
Miami not pursuing Riley Len
Geo thinks McCall is the best QB currently in the portal (Geo has no info if Miami is recruiting him)

Jeremiah Smith

FSU positioned well here
As of now, Geo doesn't think Miami flips him but anything could happen in final 3 weeks

Portal WR

Miami may take one WR from the portal

Portal DL

Miami looking at a lot of players, DT is at a premium
Miami interested in Peebles, Cook, Jones (NC)
Mario has been recruiting Jones since Oregon

Portal OL

Miami looking at 1-2 players on OL from the portal

Jacurri

Unknown what happens after bowl game

Portal S

Expectation that Kam and James are gone
Miami will be targeting Dunham

2024 Class Size

If a difference maker is available, they will take them. Numbers won't limit them

Lyle

Having a huge senior season
Recruitment very similar to Fletcher. Senior film blown the staff away
Been to almost all the home games (although secret visitor to most of them)
Miami believes they can flip him

Recruits Being Processed

Staff is open when they're moving on. They come out and tell them. They don't ghost kids like other staffs

Hayes

Hayes has visited Miami both publicly and privately
Bama after Hayes too
Telling UF coaches he'll stick
Wouldn't be shocked if he visits again

Blount

Miami still pushing for a flip

Mincey

Miami recruiting him as a CB

McCray

Doesn't expect him in the class. Miami still trying to flip

Lucas

FSU involved here
Miami is working on a visit

December visits

Names in last group of visits will be closely guarded

Glad to hear that Mario and staff are honest with kids when they decide to move on. I never understood why grown men would avoid having that conversation with teenagers and just ghost them. If you offer a scholarship you should have the balls to have a difficult conversation when the situation changes.

I used to think there was no chance he’d flip to FSu but after a recent conversation with someone who’s really plugged in. he’ll go there before he comes here. Apparently his mom wants him here but he wants to go there. Which makes me sick.
You recruit him him to the full extent. His choice will be his choice. Then you continue to load talent and when you play you show him what he missing so when he ready to transfer he wants to come back home. Its the name of the game now. FSU is going to have to hit on the portal heavy to have another year like this year and a lot of luck. I want dude here but if he geniunely doesnt want to be here then it is what it is and go get some more weapons and portal QB and kick his *** next year at home in front of his family.

Advertisement

If he’s not 100% to osu (truly 100%…not ‘recruit speak’ 100%) that’s encouraging for us. Mario and Co and his buddies down here can stay in his ear up til ESD.
In a post game interview last week he kept saying “right now” when asked about the status of his commitment.

“right now I’m committed to OSU”

“right now my commitment is solid”

He’s probably going to OSU. But maybe, juuuust maybe…

“ Complications “ means he’s all bout NiL and his price is pretty steep. Thats never changed.

Good.

That means anything can happen.

I like it that Miami doesn’t seem to bid against themselves and up the ante too fast just for bragging rights in the summer.

Hopefully we got some extra duckets tucked away that we can throw on the table at the witching our and flip this guy.

This would be MASSIVE. He was the first guy I thought of when insiders kept saying we aren’t done yet.

In a post game interview last week he kept saying “right now” when asked about the status of his commitment.

“right now I’m committed to OSU”

“right now my commitment is solid”

He’s probably going to OSU. But maybe, juuuust maybe…

we’ve heard that ‘right now’ rhetoric before.

it’d be nice to be on the flipping to UM side of things for this one.

With the way Mario moves it wouldn’t surprise me if Smith visited campus and absolutely nobody knows about it

Advertisement
we’ve heard that ‘right now’ rhetoric before.

it’d be nice to be on the flipping to UM side of things for this one.
From your mouth to god’s ears my friend. The first recruitment I ever followed, and what got me in to recruiting, was Mathew Thomas. So there you go.

Advertisement
Dont discount FSU. They are not only doing NIL, they are doing old style bags. Norvell sucks as a pure recruiter but they had the buzz all year being undefeated and also both of FSU WRs are gone too, JJ prolly sees himself walking in there. I been saying it months ago. I wouldnt be shocked if he goes there. Thats why Cristobal went after NY Carr to not be reliant on 1 guy. Have no read on it but thats how i see it right now. Maybe the QB we choose plays a roll down the stretch.

Advertisement
Back