Lifewallet Sports Recruiting/Portal Space November 30, 2023

Yea that’s what I’m saying though build the defense and then the skill players start hopping on. The D can get us to being top 10 regularly then that Offense starts coming around. I agree with you it has changed
Yeah, but just consider this, there is a cheat code to it all and that is QB. You can skip some steps and get that offense right quick. For as bad as Manny was he made a couple of key moves and that was get King and hire Rhett and then let those guys cook. It’s part of our frustrations here right? Manny a guy who had no business being a HC at Miami won 8 because he hit that cheat code.

Advertisement
Advertisement
OSU has a top 5 back committed. Is flipping Lyle that big a deal? And are we trying to flip Lyle cause we are losing Riley? That doesn't seem like a fair trade
Riley is better than Lyle, but our pursuit of a very good RB2 (which would be RB1 in a majority of other classes) is independent of Riley’s recruitment by the Alabama schools imo.

Our RB room right now has some question marks in terms of Parrish and Citizen and what they’re doing, so it leaves Ajay, Fletcher and CJ + the incoming freshmen. We need some more bodies (and talented ones at that) if even one of Parrish and Citizen leave.

USC would be after Cam Ward? Why? They have last years #1 QB recruit and an elite recruit from the season before.

And Riley is the “QB Whisperer“.

Stacking chips... Wish we were in the same position. The ability to recruit over a blue chipper, moral or not, is a great problem to have.

In due time...

Jordan Lyle makes sense since they play together . He would move us to 282 and Bama is at 280 so that would put us at 4 as well

He definitely moves the needle. But we all know the overall ranking < the average recruit ranking

Pound for pound, we do not have a top five class as our average rating per recruit is 3.52.

Mario and company need to trim some fat.

Advertisement
OSU has a top 5 back committed. Is flipping Lyle that big a deal? And are we trying to flip Lyle cause we are losing Riley? That doesn't seem like a fair trade
I think Miami is taking 3 RBs this class if Lyle wants in. Has nothing to do with other 2.

It’s very possible Miami is losing 3 RBs when depth was already low. Chaney already gone, Citizen appears gone. Parrish? Miami needs at least 6 RBs on roster at all times.

I think Miami is taking 3 RBs this class if Lyle wants in. Has nothing to do with other 2.

It’s very possible Miami is losing 3 RBs when depth was already low. Chaney already gone, Citizen appears gone. Parrish? Miami needs at least 6 RBs on roster at all times.
i missed Citizen leaving or appearing to... where'd you read that?

Riley is better than Lyle, but our pursuit of a very good RB2 (which would be RB1 in a majority of other classes) is independent of Riley’s recruitment by the Alabama schools imo.

Our RB room right now has some question marks in terms of Parrish and Citizen and what they’re doing, so it leaves Ajay, Fletcher and CJ + the incoming freshmen. We need some more bodies (and talented ones at that) if even one of Parrish and Citizen leave.
Especially in a down year for running backs landing arguably two of the top guys out there would be pretty **** impressive

Advertisement
Nothing factual. Just writing on the wall, I think 2 at minimum are gone. Wouldn’t be shocked if 3 leave.
I don't think Citizen is going anywhere. What leverage would he have coming off an injury like that, and no college tape to show? I would understand Parrish seeing the writing on the wall (but he's already transferred once as well, so maybe as a grad transfer), but otherwise the rest of that group isn't going anywhere imo.

And he dropped 4 balls against Clemson. Overrated af
It's why you have to be honest with recruits about where they best fit. If you give in to what they want, this can happen. Rather have a 4-star guy that understands his role/fit than a 5-star that's always making a stink about playing a different position. Regardless, I think this guy's future was always track and field.

Advertisement
I don't think Citizen is going anywhere. What leverage would he have coming off an injury like that, and no college tape to show? I would understand Parrish seeing the writing on the wall (but he's already transferred once as well, so maybe as a grad transfer), but otherwise the rest of that group isn't going anywhere imo.
I think if Citizen is going anywhere it isn’t by choice. Parrish would be a grad transfer, & most likely has larger offers. It would be wise for him to leave imo. Fletch will be our bell cow next year.

I think if Citizen is going anywhere it isn’t by choice. Parrish would be a grad transfer, & most likely has larger offers. It would be wise for him to leave imo. Fletch will be our bell cow next year.
Man, I really hope we would never get to a point of moving on from someone because of an injury. I hope Citizen will have a really nice career here when it's all said and done.

Advertisement
Back