Stewart

Miami still recruiting him
NIL complications here
Miami in the thick of this recruitment

Portal QB

Miami interested in Howard and Rogers
Rogers interest is mutual
They may be interested in Shapen
A LOT of teams will be going after Ward and he's not officially in the portal yet
USC & Oregon will be after Ward in addition to Washington
Miami not pursuing Riley Len
Geo thinks McCall is the best QB currently in the portal (Geo has no info if Miami is recruiting him)

Jeremiah Smith

FSU positioned well here
As of now, Geo doesn't think Miami flips him but anything could happen in final 3 weeks

Portal WR

Miami may take one WR from the portal

Portal DL

Miami looking at a lot of players, DT is at a premium
Miami interested in Peebles, Cook, Jones (NC)
Mario has been recruiting Jones since Oregon

Portal OL

Miami looking at 1-2 players on OL from the portal

Jacurri

Unknown what happens after bowl game

Portal S

Expectation that Kam and James are gone
Miami will be targeting Dunham

2024 Class Size

If a difference maker is available, they will take them. Numbers won't limit them

Lyle

Having a huge senior season
Recruitment very similar to Fletcher. Senior film blown the staff away
Been to almost all the home games (although secret visitor to most of them)
Miami believes they can flip him

Recruits Being Processed

Staff is open when they're moving on. They come out and tell them. They don't ghost kids like other staffs

Hayes

Hayes has visited Miami both publicly and privately
Bama after Hayes too
Telling UF coaches he'll stick
Wouldn't be shocked if he visits again

Blount

Miami still pushing for a flip

Mincey

Miami recruiting him as a CB

McCray

Doesn't expect him in the class. Miami still trying to flip

Lucas

FSU involved here
Miami is working on a visit

December visits

Names in last group of visits will be closely guarded

Thanks for the awesome breakdown.

Any word on CJ (QB at Chaminade)?

If we get him I won’t care who we get afterward but I don’t think we done at DT either

If we get him I won’t care who we get afterward but I don’t think we done at DT either
You rather take Stewart than JS? I'm in that boat, just don't know if that's a popular opinion haha

Advertisement
Advertisement
Give me defense the rest will follow where that defense is. Build that up and you cookin
Same here... not trying to deny that JS is elite & having a WR of that caliber would be obviously nice... but having a solid defense & especially D-line that impact every play... much rather build up d talent... Depending on who transfers, etc... our wr is pretty loaded & ny, Jojo, chance + 1 more transfer doesn't make JS a "must"...

The reporter said "is it the 16th or something" and he said "yea something like that" not really definitive.
Looks like they are making it a Miami day. Gotta get Blount to flip before that trip.

Otherwise, I believe it will be tougher to flip him.

I think Smith is not coming to Miami, unfortunately. FSU seems like the spot. I so hope to be wrong.

Getting a portal QB announced before ESD would be huge, especially if it’s Cam.

Last edited:
The reporter said "is it the 16th or something" and he said "yea something like that" not really definitive.
Its the 8th. He did say 16th in the video but the high school championship game would be on the weekend of the 16th so he had to move it up. After the FSU vs UF game he said UF wants him in for a visit and they are working on getting one after the 12/8 visit but nothing set in stone.

Seems like he's just using them both for the bag like he has done all season.

Meh…

Mincey isn’t a CB to me

Once Cam throws his hat in the portal, you have to shoot your shot

I need Lyles in this class mann

Portal CB isn’t being talked about enough
Definitely need to flip Lyles...Bama insiders believe Sabin will likely flip Riley after he visits there again....also, Riley's coach said he's not signing until February..

Advertisement
Almost said the other day that I felt like McCall was the best QB in the portal currently. Glad to see others feel the same way about that

Advertisement
Dont discount FSU. They are not only doing NIL, they are doing old style bags. Norvell sucks as a pure recruiter but they had the buzz all year being undefeated and also both of FSU WRs are gone too, JJ prolly sees himself walking in there. I been saying it months ago. I wouldnt be shocked if he goes there. Thats why Cristobal went after NY Carr to not be reliant on 1 guy. Have no read on it but thats how i see it right now. Maybe the QB we choose plays a roll down the stretch.
FSU QB next year is also a question mark and a huge one.

Almost said the other day that I felt like McCall was the best QB in the portal currently. Glad to see others feel the same way about that
Intriguing player. My only concern is that he was awesome only in the Chadwell/Korn system which is VERY unique.

Advertisement
Back