Lifewallet Recruiting Buzz 6/29

Im guessing we finish ranked in the 12-17 range. This is called the Gattis Impact.

Feels like we are a weekend vacation destination and NIL price tag driver for a lot of kids who are ending up choosing to ride with the established winners
Mario landed a top 10 class in his first full year here. Unless they have a 5-7 or 6-6 season, it's going to be top 10 again.

Advertisement
He’s the #1 for the class of 2025

D$ alluded to the fact that if he was in the class of 2024 he would still be the #1 TE kid is some kind of other level

He’s been CBd to Oklahoma for a while but apparently he’s reclassifying to come here

TE recruiting definitely one area we continue to do well

(5 star composite)

I'm not sure about his age, but he looks like a giant P5 player in those HS sophomore highlights on HUDL. My goodness.

I remember starting to 'worry' last year when the '2nd wave' took so long to materialize. I've learned my lesson. Ya'll trim.

I'm not sure about his age, but he looks like a giant P5 player in those HS sophomore highlights on HUDL. My goodness.
Totally agree. Don’t want to overplay it but when D said he could be the #1 TE as a sophomore I was like no way right? But then I was like hmm…

Kinda like some felt Jeremiah Smith was the best player in south Florida last year

It’s just extra wild that he had a CB in for Oklahoma that early and is now reclassifying to seemingly come to Miami. Bigtime recruiting there

Advertisement
I don’t get our numbers recruiting even with no max now. We have 1 safety committed and we’re gonna lose 2 after this year at an already thin position. Mario gotta step up with this addae **** don’t understand the drop of jacobs. Our db room is scary and not in a good way

Im guessing we finish ranked in the 12-17 range. This is called the Gattis Impact.

Feels like we are a weekend vacation destination and NIL price tag driver for a lot of kids who are ending up choosing to ride with the established winners

All the insiders confirm we have the NIL to compete at the highest level, we have an ELITE recruiter in Mario and a staff that is increasingly weighted towards recruiting, we have Zo and the talent evaluation team, and we have a national footprint along with the best local recruiting grounds for talent. We've built relationships with top programs like IMG, STA, Bishop Gorman, etc. ... Yet we'll end with at best the #12 class. Yeah, sounds about right.

:rolleyes:

Advertisement
I don’t get our numbers recruiting even with no max now. We have 1 safety committed and we’re gonna lose 2 after this year at an already thin position. Mario gotta step up with this addae **** don’t understand the drop of jacobs. Our db room is scary and not in a good way
Ehh. We added tons in the portal. Our DB room aint as bad as ppl think. DB coach? That's another story.

Regardless of commits during summer, if Miami plays well this fall I think the class will
Be really good.

Miami was able to flip Mark Fletcher, Joshua Horton, and Colins A. Then snagged Demari Brown. This staff is relentless, and when other staffs relax we still grind because Mario is built different than most these cats.

Last seasons stain is making this class more difficult imo, and we're competing with big dogs.

Tennessee won double digits won Orange Bowl, Oregon won double digits, UGA National Champs, Alabama dynasty, Ohio State playoffs almost every year, Michigan playoffs, and even if we lose Smorzer to Pitt they won ACC in 2022, and 8 last year and beat our tails.

Mario will get it done guys, relax.

Francis Mauigoa
Malik Bryant
Riley Williams
Antoine Jackson
Jaden Rashada
Robby Washington
Ray Ray Joseph
Robert Stafford
Jayden Wayne
Raul Aguirre

All studs in the boat in the summer. I just wrote a 5-paragraph essay on why summer commits mean so much. Mario Cristobal is not an exception to this. He’s not going to magically pull 12 blue chips in December.

Get commits in the summer. No excuses. You don’t have to get everyone, but you need blue chips now.

I’ll be completely honest: idgaf what you guys think of our current class. The only player worth discussion for a top 200 player is Kevin Riley (he’s top 100 in my eyes). It’s just facts. Now some are better than their ranking, sure. But not top 150-200. They’re role players or complementary guys that project well once given proper time to develop.

Advertisement
Ehh. We added tons in the portal. Our DB room aint as bad as ppl think. DB coach? That's another story.
I am not defending the guy or making excuses, but the Canes fan base on a lot of message boards seem to not like Jahmil Addae. Is the main problem the Cormani recruiting debacle? Is that the #1 pain point? Thoughts?

I am not defending the guy or making excuses, but the Canes fan base on a lot of message boards seem to not like Jahmil Addae. Is the main problem the Cormani recruiting debacle? Is that the #1 pain point? Thoughts?
Can’t speak for everyone but my thing with him is from the outside looking in we have names at every position that we’re after and have momentum with. The exception being the db room we pivot every time new names and then look at what we bring in. We have no safety depth and cb depth was put together last second

12-17????...Lol

Mario landed a top 10 class in his first full year here. Unless they have a 5-7 or 6-6 season, it's going to be top 10 again.

If we have a good season I can see us finishing top 10. But i'm blaming "the Gattis impact" because last season has impacted summer recruiting greatly.

Please provide receipts. Before games start and classes are nowadays 80% complete do you think we'll be in the top 12? I say not.

Advertisement
If we have a good season I can see us finishing top 10. But i'm blaming "the Gattis impact" because last season has impacted summer recruiting greatly.

Please provide receipts. Before games start and classes are nowadays 80% complete do you think we'll be in the top 12? I say not.
I'm not sure if you know this but signing day is in December and February. Not late August-early September.

Weird feeling Mitchell is going to reclassify to 24’ during his commitment. He will be a BIG time get if we keep him away from Norman.

We need 5 of the following 10, don’t care who.
Artavious Jones
McCray
Scott
Kendall Jackson
Jayden Jackson
Lightfoot
Breland
Stewart
Stone
Franklin

Advertisement
Back