Lifewallet Portal/Recruiting Show December 6, 2023

Advertisement
10 and 1 certainly does not = 10 turnovers, but Howard lost 2 fumbles. Howard had over 100 less pass attempts and only 3 less turnovers. Meaning if he had the same volume of passes as Ward he would have had more. His turnover ratio was 29:1 vs 32:1 for Ward. Simple math.
Don't think fumbles lost is a better stat than Fumbles. Recovering or not recovering fumbles is basically entirely luck based.

So, Last 2 years:

Cam Ward: 61 Total TDs (48 Pass, 13 Rush), 34 Total "Turnovers" (16 Interceptions, 18 Fumbles), 1,209 Total Attempts (982 Passing, 227 Rushing).
TD Rate = 5.05%. Turnover Rate = 2.81%. 5.93 Total Yards/Attempt.

Will Howard: 51 Total TDs (39 Pass, 12 Rush), 17 Total "Turnovers" (14 interceptions, 3 Fumbles), 673 Total Attempts (557 Passing, 116 Rushing).
TD Rate = 7.58%. Turnover Rate = 2.53%. 6.91 Total Yards/Attempt

I'm just sayin... Basically if we get Ward we want him to drastically cut down on Fumbles. And I mean drastically. With Howard we want him to decently cut down on Interceptions. But like Howards Junior year he had an INT rate of 2%. If he can do that but just marginally better, it's good enough tbh.

Last edited:
IMG_1851.jpeg

Advertisement
It’s funny seeing Ward & Howard compared, both excel in different areas/scheme.

If Miami lands either it’s on Dawson to get it right and use his talent correctly
This. The whole statistical comparison thing ignores the fact that every year in the portal we are seeing kids we thought were JAGs turn into Heisman candidates at new schools…

It’s funny seeing Ward & Howard compared, both excel in different areas/scheme.

If Miami lands either it’s on Dawson to get it right and use his talent correctly
Hence why Howard made the most sense. He’s essentially plug and play into Dawson’s wheel house. He could run the same O he did with Tune.

Everyone will hate to hear this but if im advising X i would tell him, the nfl isn’t promised, you most likely won't be drafted high or at all and u will be fighting to stay on a nfl roster

If u cant get the best bag u can get here from us then u should be looking around to see if u can leverage the best year of your college career for a big pay day, if thats with your homie tvd thats even better for u. Play with a qb u have a great connection with and get a bag u deserve.

Advertisement
10 and 1 certainly does not = 10 turnovers, but Howard lost 2 fumbles. Howard had over 100 less pass attempts and only 3 less turnovers. Meaning if he had the same volume of passes as Ward he would have had more. His turnover ratio was 29:1 vs 32:1 for Ward. Simple math.
Ward also had 39 more rushing attempts so it's even skewed a little more than that.

Don't think fumbles lost is a better stat than Fumbles. Recovering or not recovering fumbles is basically entirely luck based.

So, Last 2 years:

Cam Ward: 61 Total TDs (48 Pass, 13 Rush), 34 Total "Turnovers" (16 Interceptions, 18 Fumbles), 1,209 Total Attempts (982 Passing, 227 Rushing).
TD Rate = 5.05%. Turnover Rate = 2.81%. 5.93 Total Yards/Attempt.

Will Howard: 51 Total TDs (39 Pass, 12 Rush), 17 Total "Turnovers" (14 interceptions, 3 Fumbles), 673 Total Attempts (557 Passing, 116 Rushing).
TD Rate = 7.58%. Turnover Rate = 2.53%. 6.91 Total Yards/Attempt

I'm just sayin... Basically if we get Ward we want him to drastically cut down on Fumbles. And I mean drastically. With Howard we want him to decently cut down on Interceptions. But like Howards Junior year he had an INT rate of 2%. If he can do that but just marginally better, it's good enough tbh.
Howard played 6 games his junior year with under 200 pass attempts. You are not good at this. Please do not @ me.

Advertisement
Hopefully the nfl or portal. Miami needs new blood in receiver room plenty of young talent to replace Him
You're insane if you want him going anywhere else but the league or here. Am I watching different games lol? X is far and away the most dependable receiver we have on this roster.

You're insane if you want him going anywhere else but the league or here. Am I watching different games lol? X is far and away the most dependable receiver we have on this roster.
I don't want him starting anymore. Better players to take his snaps.

I know this fan base is obsessed with x but he's so replaceable. Nobody outside of Miami knows who he is or cares. Dependable always doesn't mean the best option

Advertisement
I don't want him starting anymore. Better players to take his snaps.

I know this fan base is obsessed with x but he's so replaceable. Nobody outside of Miami knows who he is or cares. Dependable always doesn't mean the best option
I agree with part of this, but also the coaches need to get these players on the field as well. Move the pieces around on the chess board. Smith and Ray Ray can both line up in the backfield as well and create mismatches. We need to rotate and scheme better to use X AND those other guys.

I agree with part of this, but also the coaches need to get these players on the field as well. Move the pieces around on the chess board. Smith and Ray Ray can both line up in the backfield as well and create mismatches. We need to rotate and scheme better to use X AND those other guys.
100% on the Coaches as well I agree. You're right. They could have both on the field in 10
Personnel but they're stupid and don't

Ya I guess I don't see why it has to be one or the other. Get them all on the field. Find a way. Other teams do. **** the team that plays on the same field we do every Sunday does.
Other teams do but not Miami and I don't know why. The one thing I thought would be solved when Mario got here is getting the best players in the field. That's not happening at a rate like it should be.

Advertisement
Back