Lifewallet Portal/Recruiting Show December 6, 2023

Advertisement
Usually the case. For example I can tell you that for most banks this season @DMoney has held back info he knew about but didn't talk about because staff likes to move in silence. There were many updates he left out stuff I heard about and I know that he knew about lol. Our enemies read the boards.

So for our enemies who might be reading this convo.. yes you intern nerds that the closest you get to a woman is a mannequin at Macy's . I got news for you boys:
winter is coming GIF

tumblr_pqrdemB2TY1s5m21go3_r1_400.gif

Ward over Howard all else being equal, but my impression is the decision timelines aren't equal. So, do we risk losing both Howard and Ward, waiting on Ward to decide? Tough decision whether to gamble or not. But hey Mario u make $8m so good luck lol

Ward over Howard all else being equal, but my impression is the decision timelines aren't equal. So, do we risk losing both Howard and Ward, waiting on Ward to decide? Tough decision whether to gamble or not. But hey Mario u make $8m so good luck lol
Cribby said that if Howard says he’s in before Cam makes a decision they will accept the commitment.

Advertisement
Staff seem to be handling this as well as they can. Let's pray one of them take a chance with us.

Nice to have no coaching turnover in the midst of all of this huh?

Cribby said that if Howard says he’s in before Cam makes a decision they will accept the commitment.

Saw that. figure that's way we gotta play it. only way I could see Mario rolling the dice and waiting on Ward is if he's sure he can get Tualia/Pratt as fallback option if Ward goes to OsU or wherever

Advertisement
From watching Flo'd show last sunday it sounded like it was Stewart but Geo is saying he will be tough to flip,so this will be a good test to see who has better sources.
I don't see them as conflicting statements. You don't leak publicly that high level recruits like Stewart/Stone are going to flip. You'd either be completely evasive or say its going to be tough to flip him. If/when he flips. it was in fact hard/difficult to flip him so you're still telling the truth.

That being said, Flo never stated that Stewart was the whale. People are reading between the lines and trying to infer that it was Stewart. OTOH, Flo chose his words exceedingly carefully w/Stone. Hmmmm.

Thinking Idk GIF

************ 2nd Half Update will add to the OP ***********

Robinson

Going to be tough to flip him
Envisions himself in Miami
Geo Doesn't think the flip happens.
Would need to get him down for the final weekend

Citizen

Has been practicing, still getting in game shape/condition
His performance in the spring will be important

Portal QBs

Haggard could be a depth piece

Portal DBs

Another Vandy DB may hit the portal. If he does, likely will jump to the top of the list

TEs

Lofton: expected to sign w/Miami, they believe they Texas isn't a threat anymore
Two targets remain

Camden Jones
Benjamin Blackburn: late Bloomer, Stanford commit

OL Recruiting

Geo expects Eddy Pierre Louis to go to UCF or Oregon. Would be shocked if he ends up at Miami
Watch Broussard closely.
Bell locked in. MS schools trying to flip him though

DT Recruiting

Jones: UM held off FSU. Will be in this class
Blount: UM in good position
Stone: Don't expect him to flip. OK is where we wants to be
Stewart: Will be difficult, but Miami is in this one. Watch this. NIL heavy recruitment
McCray: Don't see Miami flipping him
White: Miami/FSU battle
Kendall Jackson: Miami values him highly, higher than recruits w/more stars. Miami planning in home and he's likely to come on campus again

DL Recruiting

Amaree Williams: UM/UGA battle, Bama and UF trying to get involved. Mario done a great job w/his parents

LB Recruiting

Only one candidate to flip Hayes

Hayes: Bama/Miami trying to flip. Been on three secret visits.
Pruitt: Bama/Auburn trying to flip. Monitor the situation

Safety Recruiting

Xaiver Lucas from Heritage. UW commit, UM/FSU pushing for the flip. Late bloomer

Absolutely a Heisman-caliber QB. He won’t be the favorite imo, but he’s easily Top 10 heading into ‘24.

Threw for 3,735 yards this season with 33 total TDs (25 passing and 8 rushing), and 15 total turnovers (7 INTs, 8 fumbles).

Now the turnovers are alarming, for sure. But let’s put those into context quick.

His offensive line is atrocious. They averaged 3.0 ypc in the running game, 2.6 if you take out FCS opponents. 2.6 is 131st in the country, only ahead of Kent St and Colorado. So not only could they generate virtually zero rushing success, but defenses knew this and absolutely tee’d off because of it. They knew he was going to pass, and he still lit them up.

Point #2, is he was sacked 39 times in ‘23, which comes after being sacked a whopping 46 times in ‘22. Opposing defenses had a field day either dropping 8 in coverage, or blitzing because he had zero protection. That’s not even considering the numerous pressures or hurries he had to face, just sacks.

Point is, yes he can clean some stuff up…particularly the turnovers. But when your OL can’t block, the defense knows you’re passing and you’re still balling out despite having to literally put the offense on your back, make tighter throws, scramble for your life and try to do too much at times…he’s something, that’s for sure. That’s why every blue blood wants him and his price is so high.

There’s room for improvement, and he’s still balling.

If Cam Ward entered the NFL draft this year, do you know generally when he would be picked?

If he commits and signs back here I can’t recall a recruit we have been involved with in recent years that commits to Miami, decommits, commits to another school, decommits, and comes back to Miami.
Avantae Williams did that. Committed to canes when his family member (Lingard) jumped on board. Then decommitted and committed to Mario at Oregon. Then decommitted and spurned UF for canes on NSD.

Advertisement
I’m perfectly ok with that. Timing and urgency matters here, surpassing the talent difference between the two.

Howard is more than good enough to have us competing for a conference championship, and is the more physical runner of the two.

Last edited:
Avantae Williams did that. Committed to canes when his family member (Lingard) jumped on board. Then decommitted and committed to Mario at Oregon. Then decommitted and spurned UF for canes on NSD.
Jeez I totally forgot he committed to Oregon too. So two guys did that since 06 or 07 whenever Demarcus Van Dyke came here.

Advertisement
I’m perfectly ok with that. Timing and urgency matters here more than the talent difference between the two.

Howard is more than good enough to have us competing for a conference championship, and is more of a physical runner.
Yup, we get our guy at QB and not only would it help stymie the outflow of key players but also help with the inflow. Biggest key recruit of Mario’s career here at Miami thus far.

Advertisement
Back