Leyton Nelson, 2022 OT Offered

Advertisement
UCF would have never been able to go undefeated or had the record they had in a power 5 conference if they had to face bigger and better athletes every week. They would have gotten beat up, more injured and worn down as smaller athletes facing power 5 talent every week. It is easy to occasionally get up to play a good team like Auburn who they beat in the one major bowl game they won. Let's face it, an SEC team is not exactly pumped up to play a bowl game vs a team like UCF in a bowl game that doesn't really matter either. Kind of like Bama losing to Boise after Oklahoma did the same.

Never thought he was a good fit for UCF. 68-35 overall at Auburn (39-27 in SEC) and that’s with landing some pretty good recruiting classes. Losing to Bama is one thing but struggling with the middle tier SEC schools is another.

There’s 2 outcomes for UCF:
1- Malzhan does what he does best and loses a handful of games every year slowly sinking UCF to average to above average G5 status.
2- He has a good season or 2 and jumps at the first P5 offer and UCF is back to square one, also without their AD who went to UT.
Honestly I think he goes 8-4 or 9-3 this season and jumps. Some P5 school will take a chance on a coach who went to a National Championship. Louisville, Texas Tech could be open. Seems like a move they’d try to make.

Is that a joke? Half the dudes in Davie rock mullets now because Morgan Wallen has one.
Well, yeah. But a bad one, I guess, seeing as how I have to explain it.

I know. That’s why I said “between Davie and islamorada” ie. Dade county. No mullets allowed in dade county was the gist of it.

I can't believe this kid picked UCF over UF. Makes me wonder if UF actually wanted him but I have heard the Gators are losing footing in recruiting battles due to the staff not being the easiest to relate to.
I mean if his quote is to be believed both the HC and OL coach were blowing up his phone right up until his announcement and getting "defensive," seems like UF wanted him because if Manny and Justice were doing that I would say that is a clear miss. He didnt say other schools were calling him like that, or even a generic multiple schools, I don't think he even mentioned a single other school in his post commitment interview aside from UCF and UF.

Advertisement
Idk about UCF being legitimate and dude does look feminine in that pic but he's a really good player look at his film. He's big, aggressive, and athletic. Idk if it was bad evals or bad recruiting but the big 3 missed out on a legit P5 oline prospect. Can't tell me Lucas and Hillery were better prospects regardless of the rating. Richardson, which I like as a prospect, committed to FSU and I think Nelson is a better.

This pic will still apply when he commits to UiF
1639703769051.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Honestly he is the type of kid we were accustomed to being thrilled about taking under Manny and end of Richt era but it’s a new day. The talent and overall size of the trench bullies we bring in going forward will be night and day.
Je$u$ Chri$t! U better say it

Sounds like coach Justice and coach Lashlee may be willing to offer a package deal to the Nelson brothers. Which is better than a full ride for Leyton and a PWO for his brother at UCF.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back