Levonte ''Kermit'' Whitfield Video Highlight

Advertisement
Advertisement
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...vonte-kermit-whitfield-marvin-bracy-fsu-offer

Levonte “Kermit” Whitfield has decided to open up his recruiting options, so the Orlando Jones receiver has decommitted from the University of Miami to “see what else is out there,” he said.

“I just want to go through the process,” Whitfield said. “All the other schools stopped [recruiting] because I committed. I just want to see where I might fit in.

“I’m open. I’m free.”

Whitfield, the 5-foot-9, 165-pound speedster who hopes to run track as well as play football wherever he decides to go to college, committed to Miami in May 2011, and even though he has been a lifelong Hurricanes fan, he still wants to see what offers might be out there.

“This is the hardest decision I’ve ever made ... wherever I go, though, Miami will still be my school,” he said. “Sometimes you just gotta face reality and open up your options.”

Whitfield, who still considers UM his top team for now, is ranked No. 5 in the Sentinel's 2013 Central Florida Super 60 and is No. 29 in the Sentinel's 2013 Florida Top 100.

Jones head coach Kenard Lang was an All-American at the University of Miami during his playing days in the early/mid-1990s before going on to the NFL.

“Of course I want to see him go there, but I also want him to be happy,” Lang said on Sunday. “That’s the main thing. He needs to go where he is comfortable. There can’t be any selfishness on my end … no way, whatsoever

Besides wanting to see what other schools are interested in his services, Whitfield also said he had grown a little frustrated with his inability to get in touch with members of the UM coaching staff.

“I’ve been down there like three or four times … once for a camp and once for their junior day. They all showed me a lot of love,” Whitfield said. “But I haven’t talked to them anytime recent. I contacted coach [George] O’Donnell the receivers coach, and he never replied to my message on Facebook.

“We communicate on Facebook, but I barely am on Facebook, so we don’t talk that much.”

"O'Donnell" lol

Pretty sure the coaches can't call recruits right now though

Advertisement
I starting to believe these kids are just looking for attention and Golden is not giving it to them. FSU and other schools kiss these recruits asses day in and day out and they wonder why Golden and staff doesn't do the same, so they complain about the coaches not calling them or them not calling back. I for one believe Golden is not concerned about any of these attention whores, let FSU and UF have them. All the recruits Golden recruited while at Miami never complained about not getting any attention from the coaches in fact some say Golden and staff were on them hard. So i'm not buying this coaches are not contacting me stuff, why are the coaches not contacting you is the question.

Last edited:
“This is the hardest decision I’ve ever made ... wherever I go, though, Miami will still be my school,” he said.

What kind of dumb **** is this?

Advertisement
hey sorry Kermit, Al was kind of busy with spring practice and scrimmage. Camp season starts after spring practice finishes

Advertisement
“This is the hardest decision I’ve ever made ... wherever I go, though, Miami will still be my school,” he said.

sounds like something Ivan McCartney or Sammy Watkins would say...

he was our first commit which means he is the first guy you can cross off the list of guys that actually make it to UM. How many years in a row has it been? Patrick Johnson/Bryce Brown/Marcus Jackson/Keith Brown.........i dont remember the first one before PJ.

Sounds like he wants to break up with someone without ****ing them off.

Another one of these early commit/de-commits. Its sickening and I'm tired of seeing it. We're now getting the same vibes from Kearse and Bryant. If you're not throwing money at these kids, winning 11,12 games a year and playing in high profile games, these early pledges don't mean jack.

Call me on NLOI day.....

Advertisement
Back