Let's talk defense vs FSU

1699539807763.jpeg

I don’t know who this guy is, but it sounds good…

Advertisement
I'd rush 3 and and play off. Make Jordan Travis have to think and beat you with his arm.
He doesn’t read defenses well but eventually he just takes off. If you put pressure on him, same thing where he’ll take off or just throw it up for grabs to one of his big receivers. The contain is more important than the coverage.

I'd rush 3 and and play off. Make Jordan Travis have to think and beat you with his arm.

Pitt tried this with FSU missing 3 of their top 4 wideouts and travis cooked em for 360 yards. Clemson's strategy (beyond just having an elite front 7) with disguised blitz packages was far more effective.

Advertisement
I actually think we match up pretty good on defense. Keep Bain rushing from that left side so he gets right in Travis’ face.

Going to have to roll with the browns or Richards on the outside. I’m not trying to watch couch and davis get mossed all night. Keep Kam over the top. Play off coverage, force them to run which will work the clock and limit possessions too.

If we limit the turnovers on offense to a max of 1 I think this game will be closer than people expect. Need to keep Travis in the pocket and not let him extend plays. They have good ends, but I trust our O line to exert their physicality.

Last edited:
They are going double Bain - Guidry needs to punish them for that. Find a way to free him up or bring pressure from somewhere else.
Contain running QB.
Tackle, Tackle, Tackle

Advertisement
IMO it’s all about pressure. We have to take fsu out of their comfort zone. Clemson had an incredible defensive scheme and should have won that game.

Duke held them to 10 going into the 4th
Pitt held them to 24
Clemson held them to 17 in regulation
BC held them to 31(0 in 4th)

TrumpyCane is amazed that you guys are making it seem like FSU is some amazing well oiled machine, UNC has a better offense with a better QB

If our QB wasn’t a mental midget we would have a very good chance to win

f*ck no on the bolded. He is slow and hands are shaky.

Coleman is a complete problem....there is a reason 1 was in the transfer portal for other reasons and 1 got paid to go in.

I would say slow down their run game. Im already expecting Jordan Travis to get his....but cant be getting gashed for 8 yds on first down etc everything on Norvell is based off of running it for real.

As I expected;
Coleman 9 targets, 2 catches, 24 yards, 1 td
Wilson 8 targets, 5 catches, 82 yards
Bell 4 targets, 3 catches, 41 yards

I see the athletic ability in Coleman but the target to catch ratio is pretty ugly most games.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back