Let's take stock...

Chances are meaningless with days to go. It's relevant to say 50/50, or 70/30 with 6 weeks to go. But with signing day next week and the no contact period coming up, it's now binary. Either you call it right or you don't.

Definitely a crazier year than usual. I think it's a few things all at once. Harris undermining AG doesn't help. $EC teams are going hog wild. The NCAA investigation of UM has been a serious cloud. Ten years of **** play hasn't helped our brand. And frankly, some of it is random -- a kid like Duke is a Cane through and through. This year's class doesn't seem to have that kid.

All in all ... hope it's a better situation next year.

Agreed. I think we have one recruit like that, his name is Alex Gall. He is the biggest Pro-Miami guy in the class but he is a lineman and our fans don't appreciate that always because it is not a **** position.

Alex Gall might not be a bigger Miami guy than Standish Dobard

Advertisement
lol Randall getting his revenge through Ice and Luke

Pathetic

One more example of how devastating the Shannon hiring was to the program. Who would have thought that his incompetent wake would extend through the high school coaches (that he largely ignored) for recruiting years after he was fired.

I can't imagine any coach had to deal with the kind of challenges Golden has faced.

Ok maybe im late but why does nobody think Bostwick going to UM? Don't you guys think the same people saying that Alex Collins was going to UF is the same ones saying this about Bostwick? Yeah im skeptical

Still got a funny feeling about MT. If you read the Artie Burns article and his situation (being the man of the house, taking care of younger siblings to help mom out, etc.) you see why he really had no choice but to stay home. (GREAT article btw. Its on the main board i think) MT looks to be in a similiar situation. Single mom, works alot. Dont know if he has younger siblings but he is the designated man of the house. Heck she only has been to one of his games in his life. I know im really reaching and this sounds like a pathetic theory and I shouldnt be saying stupid stuff like this with such a low post count but I think this factor could really come into play when its time to make a decision.

Wu - i am fine if you actually write out your profanities buddy... there is an age limit to this site, no?

That gap-toothed ************ Luke is such a POS. **** him. He's been irrelevant since before most of this crop of HS seniors were even alive. The funny thing is that even when Shannon was coach, he barely got **** from these HS coaches after that first MNW year. The fact that we're still dealing with Shannon's **** stains is a testament to what a POS he was as CEO/coach. Dude poisoned the well, and we're still having to clean that mess up only to have **** *** Luke and punk *** Lice exacerbate the situation. I'm especially annoyed by Lice because of his grudge against UM and Golden. It's not Golden's fault that his boy Shannon was a terrible coach.

Some of these SoFla coaches are so full of ****. Central's coach, Lockette, is apparently ****ed off at Golden over Finnie. I mean is this real ****ing life? ************ stole ****. WTF did he expect? You won't see this type of **** go down at local schools that feed other powerhouses. It's ridiculous. The collective IQ of some these coaches is pathetic.

Advertisement
Still got a funny feeling about MT. If you read the Artie Burns article and his situation (being the man of the house, taking care of younger siblings to help mom out, etc.) you see why he really had no choice but to stay home. (GREAT article btw. Its on the main board i think) MT looks to be in a similiar situation. Single mom, works alot. Dont know if he has younger siblings but he is the designated man of the house. Heck she only has been to one of his games in his life. I know im really reaching and this sounds like a pathetic theory and I shouldnt be saying stupid stuff like this with such a low post count but I think this factor could really come into play when its time to make a decision.

Not a stupid post at all. Good thought.

I think Kirkland is coming and Thomas is 50/50. Your thinking isn't off the wall at all.

I think Kirkland is coming and Thomas is 50/50. Your thinking isn't off the wall at all.

And MT does have at least one younger sibling. A stud junior DE. Reportedly he loves Miami. Anyone think that factors into the decision that they both want to play together?

And MT does have at least one younger sibling. A stud junior DE. Reportedly he loves Miami. Anyone think that factors into the decision that they both want to play together?

Chad and Matthew are not related.

Advertisement
Regarding Kirkland and Where we are at for NSD:

My suspicion is that Golden and staff became aware of something that was grounds for them to make Kirkland make clear his intentions vis-a-vis the U. I have read on several boards that SEC had offered kid money and kid took an initial bite hoping for the dull delivery after NSD. I also fully expect that the SEC money was pulled back because they know that Al knows and they do not want this possible bad publicity.

It's pretty clear Golden didn't like what he heard from Kirland in the meeting with the BTW coaches present before the parade, and had Coach Barrow deliver the ultimatum. To test if kid is really on take or going to be a Cane is to ask him now, Cane or Not. Kid said NO CANE.

The meeting at Golden's office yesterday with family and not the BTW coaches says a lot. It makes me think that Golden wanted to make sure the family clearly understood what had come down and why, and why withdrawal of the offer was in Miami's best interest.

I wasn't expecting Golden to reinstate the offer -- that ship has sailed. But it was important to Golden to make sure the air was clear and that the family understood what had come down, and make sure the air was clear before it further affected anything or anyone else. That was why the father came out publicly and said that this was not Miami's fault. The father had previously stated that he knew that Feb 1st was the deadline and thus proves that ICE Harris was full of ****. He also wants no further publicity of any possible money violations.

Manny the troll from the Herald, however, spins everything according to what Hariss wants. He said Kirland said NO to Golden not only once but TWICE and it was the kid that dumped Golden. What a laugh. Why agree to meet with Golden in the first place if he did not want a scholarship. Does not make sense and just Herald trying to dump on us.

This is the time of the year to expect the unexpected. Money is flowing everywhere. Are you shocked by all this. I guess these reactions are all really about MT more than anything. Everything with BTW will be fine. The staff knows exactly what they are doing. The Kirland situation was not a disaster by Golden. Golden has to make tough choice's in doing what is best for our program and keep moving forward without any additional NCAA scrutiny.

People are always going to draw their own conclusions. Most people believe we had four coaches recruiting illegally and that Shannon did not know. They believe all this went on during recruiting trips and he does not know what is going on or where they are staying. He was shouting from roof tops about this parasite Shapiro and with all his eyes all over, he was clueless. Just actually think about that for a minute. People think this decision on Kirland was a bad move by Golden. It was not. Few people know the truth in these things and those who do know, know it is not good for them to leak. We are really pretty good at keeping things quiet around Golden's program.

We are not going to get everyone we want in this class, but we are going to close just fine. Even with a few of the people I know, no one has any idea for sure what any kid is going to do. This is why Fax Day is so big because every coach knows things can change in one minute. We are doing great considering our circumstances. It is a very dirty time of year by the way. Support your team even if you get disappointed at times. The future looks so much better right now than it did a few years ago under Shannon, even with sanctions coming. The difference in how things are run now is just drastic. I believe in Al Golden and I almost lost that confidence before he came around. Stay strong and have faith fellow Canes fans.

Wow I thought they were brothers. I was wondering why no one ever mentioned losing Matthew might mean losing Chad as well. Now I know.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Am i the only one that saw Denvers retweet of somebody bashing ice harris and the stepdads comments and just think there is no hard feeling and by Wednesday DK may still pickus if he really doesn't feel comfortable anywhere else?

Is Thomas definitely out or is everyone just assuming that because of Kirkland?

Pure speculation

I wonder if the coaches spoke to Thomas before dropping the Kirkland bomb. Not to get his OK, but to gauge his response. **** he might not care at all. Miami really didn't do anything that bad, its not like they ****ed up his carer or something.
An hour and a half before. Ten min with DK and than closed later that day with Thomas again. The meeting with DK and family after fallout, Golden was NOT there.

Advertisement
Back