Let's take stock...

TheSwagger1

Retired staff
Premium
Coley - Cash, IOU have said they feel confident I think. Pete feels confident. Ferman seems to think he's coming but little more hesitant (in public). Bakas - ?
Grace - everyone feels confident.
Collins - Ferman saying Arkansas. Bastion (?) saying Arkansas. Cash, IOU, & Pete saying Canes. Bakas - ?
Thomas - no one seems to feel confident here for Canes. FSU folks confident.
Kirkland - don't think anyone has opined after the meeting.
Edwards - Ferman has him at 50%. Pete seems to feel confident but not sure to what degree. Bakas - ?
Brooks - everyone seems to think he's a Cane.
Bostwick - no one feels confident for Canes here.
Bryant - no one feels confident, but Ferman, Pete, Tito, all saying there's a small chance. Bakas - ?
Robinson - ditto. No one feels confident but everyone saying there's a chance.

Is that pretty much where all the 'insiders' stand as of Saturday night?

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm sure he's offered his opinion on all of these but I don't have access to the board any more. I'd like to include his thoughts if anyone has them, but don't want to lift premium info so it's delicate there.

Ehh......at this point, I'd be happy as a pig in crap if we got Coley, Collins,Brooks, and Grace and moved on to 2014..

Advertisement
I'm sure he's offered his opinion on all of these but I don't have access to the board any more. I'd like to include his thoughts if anyone has them, but don't want to lift premium info so it's delicate there.

I posted Bakas' most recent percentages in a thread last night. Let me look.

Advertisement
last update Bakas did

Coley to FSU
Collins to Miami
Believe it or not still had Thomas to Miami, with Bama running a close 2nd
Grace to Miami
Bryant to FSU
Bostwick 50-50 but thinks UF will lead after this weekend
He thinks we'll get Edwards and that athlete from Virginia

Advertisement
Chances are meaningless with days to go. It's relevant to say 50/50, or 70/30 with 6 weeks to go. But with signing day next week and the no contact period coming up, it's now binary. Either you call it right or you don't.

Definitely a crazier year than usual. I think it's a few things all at once. Harris undermining AG doesn't help. $EC teams are going hog wild. The NCAA investigation of UM has been a serious cloud. Ten years of **** play hasn't helped our brand. And frankly, some of it is random -- a kid like Duke is a Cane through and through. This year's class doesn't seem to have that kid.

All in all ... hope it's a better situation next year.

Advertisement
Give me Collins, Grace, and Coley. This is a freaking circus. I cannot recall a recruiting season that has had our heads spinning so much. This will change as Golden, Coley, Cristobal, Barrow, and Carroll will not have this another year- I hope. Bunch of clowns everywhere giving percentages, opinions. fog theories, Shalala recruiting (give me a break), local coaches gone bananas. No mas!

Advertisement
Back