Off-Topic Lets see some summer fish shots

Advertisement
DJ X with the big *** Red .
5FF1ACC5-F600-4883-84E2-F533AEC836AC_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
What’s crazy is we didn’t see any gators while fishing. Our guide said the biggest threat he typically sees are snakes. To even get out there we had to go through a hole in the mangroves where he said snakes are all over.

We did see a massive python in the middle of the road one night. We stayed in Everglades city. I was also surprised by all the panther crossings sings I saw on the side of the highways heading to Miami. We went down there for a night to catch a Miami Heat game.

the weekend we were there it was in the 90’s , abnormal weather for December and he said it played a part in the fishing. We landed some snook once we got back by roads and small bridges etc.. not much when we were out in the Everglades really.

Regarding the panther crossing; blame Carole Baskin. Lol

Advertisement
Trout is delish. Best to eat same day caught.
Put them on a cookie sheet thats got foil on it and we cover them with mayo. You want to cover the whole top and side of the fish, we usually put about the same amount that you would put on a sandwich. I usually use s&p, season salt, paprika, garlic salt, cajun seasoning and maybe a little bit of cayenne. Put your oven rack on top setting and turn oven on to broil. Broil the fish anywhere from 8-12 min depending how thick the fillet. We cook trout, red fish, most snapper this way. If you have an old stove that doesn't vent you need to leave the door cracked. last little tip, once the fish is getting close you will smell it. Your house will smell amazing. I just keep an eye on it at the end just to get it nice and brown almost blacked is what your looking for. If you try this and like it you can cook grouper and larger snapper this way but I would place rack in the middle of the oven and bake it at 400 for like 20 min then id turn oven to broil and raise the rack and cook it for another 5 min or until you get the golden brown/blacking color your looking for . I usually serve mine with creamy rice and grilled asparagus or steamed broccoli.

Advertisement
I was never patient enough to wait for the fish to come to me so it was a mask, snorkel, fins, and an 18" double banded spear gun for me. Plenty of mangrove and yellow tail to be had around the mangrove islands in the Keys. Also plenty of lobster burrowed in the walls of the channels cut out from the islands for access to deeper water. Not to mention stone crab claws during the short season.

Put them on a cookie sheet thats got foil on it and we cover them with mayo. You want to cover the whole top and side of the fish, we usually put about the same amount that you would put on a sandwich. I usually use s&p, season salt, paprika, garlic salt, cajun seasoning and maybe a little bit of cayenne. Put your oven rack on top setting and turn oven on to broil. Broil the fish anywhere from 8-12 min depending how thick the fillet. We cook trout, red fish, most snapper this way. If you have an old stove that doesn't vent you need to leave the door cracked. last little tip, once the fish is getting close you will smell it. Your house will smell amazing. I just keep an eye on it at the end just to get it nice and brown almost blacked is what your looking for. If you try this and like it you can cook grouper and larger snapper this way but I would place rack in the middle of the oven and bake it at 400 for like 20 min then id turn oven to broil and raise the rack and cook it for another 5 min or until you get the golden brown/blacking color your looking for . I usually serve mine with creamy rice and grilled asparagus or steamed broccoli.
lol you left out the hardest part.. catching that many big *** trout!! Nice haul!

I look at catching a tarpon like going into a boxing match. The tarpon always comes out throwing hey makers in round one. If you survive and still have it on, then it proceeds to jab and bodyshot you for the next 10 rounds. An hour or two later in round 12, if you survived you can get the KO cause he is out of gas. Rounds 1 and 12 are awesome. Middle rounds are brutal.
Well put. They are more than worthy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
For those who don't have boats , I recommend Peacock bass fishing in South Florida right off the bank every canal and lake is loaded with these beautiful super aggressive fish.
If you need to scratch that itch? It's a perfect suggestion. Thanks bud

I was never patient enough to wait for the fish to come to me so it was a mask, snorkel, fins, and an 18" double banded spear gun for me. Plenty of mangrove and yellow tail to be had around the mangrove islands in the Keys. Also plenty of lobster burrowed in the walls of the channels cut out from the islands for access to deeper water. Not to mention stone crab claws during the short season.
Don't matter how you do it as long as the fish hit the cooler...

I still have my electric reel, I'd use that too, it drags fish up fast. When I lived in Stuart we use to go to the Spanish Mack hole there were tens of thousands of them. But there were also Bull sharks all over the place there, when they wanted your fish it was over. Can't believe how aggressive they were sometimes.
Pecks lake

Advertisement
Back