Off-Topic Lets see some summer fish shots

10,000 islands in the Everglades a few years back in a kayak. It was burning hot for December so fish didn’t bite very well. Still one cool experience. View attachment 118994
I love fishing down there. Just finished reading Killing Mister Watson for the second time. Such a good book with some history about the area. Also check out Totch Browns book.

Advertisement
The perfect photo set up. I took my brother out to catch some fish (he’s not A fisherman and has never caught a bass). I get him on his first bass, pretty good first bass right!?! Except it’s just an optical illusion... he held the fish still on the hook out in front of him and held his hand out with the fish actually dangling several feet in front of his hand... lined up the shot just right and got it... you can see in the close up the actual size of the fish... but he had some fun with it on social media...
3EF6F973-245F-41C9-BB90-C3E6BBB34173.jpeg

806390F0-CC7C-489B-9C4B-AEA1ACCAB477.jpeg

372254FD-D984-4920-AEB1-1CA315BE96E5.jpeg

I've really been considering when I retire in 3 years scope out the little canals like behind the Falls , Dadeland and even the real little ponds like I did many years ago and explore over grown waterways Miami Lakes even MIA area.
It was a load of fun , I use to walk all over and talk to people living on Lakes and they would invite me to fish there lakes since they saw me walking regularly we become friends.

YEP I just might start up again :)

Advertisement
I've really been considering when I retire in 3 years scope out the little canals like behind the Falls , Dadeland and even the real little ponds like I did many years ago and explore over grown waterways Miami Lakes even MIA area.
It was a load of fun , I use to walk all over and talk to people living on Lakes and they would invite me to fish there lakes since they saw me walking regularly we become friends.

Mayan cyclids behind the YMCA just west of the Falls. Cross us1 into pine crest some snook.

Bro, that's the canal I fished growing up!! back when the falls was just a big field that people used for rc planes and kite flying. Main place we fished by bike was where that canal crosses 97th ave.

Advertisement
Mayan cyclids behind the YMCA just west of the Falls. Cross us1 into pine crest some snook.
T
Bro, that's the canal I fished growing up!! back when the falls was just a big field that people used for rc planes and kite flying. Main place we fished by bike was where that canal crosses 97th ave.
[/
Spot on yep , I use to watch The Bass Professor on ESPN and practiced what he taught about fishing underwater structure and so on . He always said walk around and talk to neighbors on lakes and canals you'd be surprised how inviting they are and will invite you to be a presence when there away on weekends.
Wow all this has brought back those days of quite fishing all over making friends and growing your areas to fish , it's good stuff.

Follow that Falls one downstream and it meets another canal near where I lived. Oh the fish I caught.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back