Off-Topic Lets see some summer fish shots

Advertisement
lol that's exactly what my brother said. But, cut out a little bit of worms from the tail and handed out bags of it to some friends and the inlaws. Ate some that night and still have several nights left of it. I still might smoke some but I'll have to learn what I'm doing first.. never smoked fish before.
What kind of grill/smoker do you have?

BD54BE93-881F-4D4E-8A6B-6F8F17B93DF5.jpeg

Advertisement
lol that's exactly what my brother said. But, cut out a little bit of worms from the tail and handed out bags of it to some friends and the inlaws. Ate some that night and still have several nights left of it. I still might smoke some but I'll have to learn what I'm doing first.. never smoked fish before.
If you don't bleed those amberjacks. They become an acquired taste. Low temp hickory smoke. A hour on the smoker.

Advertisement
1.Yes...the legal slot is small and the season is short. Plus you need an extra 10$ stamp on your license.
Theyre delicious. Threw them all back.

2. Greater amberjack. They fight/pull like donkeys. Will wear your back out quick. Meat is ok...good for a fish fry.
Finally something you know about. Kudos...

If you don't bleed those amberjacks. They become an acquired taste. Low temp hickory smoke. A hour on the smoker.
My bro cut the line and red parts out? I didn't watch what he was doing real close because I was cleaning the boat. What we ate the first night tasted **** good. The wife liked it a lot and she doesn't like a fishy taste.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I have a weber that I've used to rotisserie/smoke a few butts, but my mom gave me her master built that she doesn't use anymore. I'm guessing that's where I'd smoke the fish if I decide to give it a try.
I was just going to warn you if you had a ceramic like a big green egg. The smoker "seasons" with the things you cook on it and a unique fish like amberjack might leave a funk behind for the next few cooks.

I can tell the bro is a donkey connoisseur....
He's probably forgotten more about fishing than I know. I'm still a rookie. He said it was the most productive fishing trip for not being prepared he's been on. I'm still not sure if he was complementing me lol.

Advertisement
Back