Let's Run The **** Ball Again...

Absolutely agree on premise a strong run game will enable and augment a strong passing game.

Our Canes can't get the strong run game until they put into place a strong OL unit...and that is at least, I fear, a 3 season project.

Are there any OL DI former players (or pro) on this forum? In your opinion, what makes for a great OL unit?

I've spoken to several (I'm not one obviously) and they've told me the same themes: Tackles need to have great technique and range, guards just need to be downright nasty, and center needs to be stout and smart.

Thoughts?

One of the things Richt did very well at UGA was fill gaps on the Oline with JR College transfers.

Advertisement
As big a problem as we have with the OL, a bigger issue is S&C. If we get S&C improved, our OL will be better. That's not to say it will fix the problem -- only that part of the OL problem is S&C. We really need a change there.

As big a problem as we have with the OL, a bigger issue is S&C. If we get S&C improved, our OL will be better. That's not to say it will fix the problem -- only that part of the OL problem is S&C. We really need a change there.

Did Richt end up firing Swasey or naw?

Richt's OL at UGA recently tended to underperform in critical situations - pass protection on 3rd downs, etc. but did open up enough holes for their great stable of RBs the last couple of years even with some juco transfers as previously mentioned.

This thread is too civilized...almost reminds me of discussions when this board first got setup and we all left grassy. Welcome to CiS.

Richt's OL at UGA recently tended to underperform in critical situations - pass protection on 3rd downs, etc. but did open up enough holes for their great stable of RBs the last couple of years even with some juco transfers as previously mentioned.

This thread is too civilized...almost reminds me of discussions when this board first got setup and we all left grassy. Welcome to CiS.

To civilized? Ok then..everyone can go fuq themselves...you sexually questionable moron d-bags.

Is that better? Hahaha....

Ok...do we really think a portion of the OL struggles are due to S&C (or lack thereof)?

When I watch elite teams, there OLs just seem bigger and more talented...and their S&C programs enhanced what was already there...not made them that way.

Am I off on that thinking?

Advertisement

Did Richt end up firing Swasey or naw?

New S&C and an added nutrition program. Things definitely are different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back