Lets Quit Kidding Ourselves....

Advertisement
Bro your saying things on here we've said a thousand times. We all know what the problem is however we cannot control who the AD hires or the BOT approves to hire. All we can do is hope they get rid of Blake and hire someone competent who understands these things

Not for nothing pleanty of "Leaders" have failed before as well. I dont care about quality of leadership and that BS...give me a competent coach who understands football, lives, eats and breaths it. Thats who kids want to play for...Thats what Meyer, Dabo and Saban do.
Focus on solutions-How well has *****ing on this board worked for us?? Action doesn't seem to be this board's main goal. Create a movement. Who are the important people/boosters at UM? Contact them! Get an audience with them! Find out what their UM Football goals are? If they agree with you, proceed to flood them with texts, emails, information about your concerns. Publish them on Social Media. Offer solutions, not just *****ing. $$Dollarfy your points. Remember that money is what's made these people successful and understand mostly. It won't get better by just sitting on your ***!! I am physically unable to participate for I live several hours away.

Successful coaches are "True Leaders". So are any kind of successful person you meet in your life. True Leaders are born that way, they are not created. This is a huge mistake we as people constantly misunderstand. You are born with it in your mind, your heart and your soul. You cannot teach it.

85% of the people in the world are "True Followers", 10% of the people should basically "get the **** out of the way" and 5% are "Leaders" and of which only "1" are "True Born Leaders". Think about this. Even on this board, most of the people chiming in are not "True Leaders". They are basically followers.

A "True Leader" is very different. They have 360* Peripheral vision as it relates to their professional vision and they are very clear of their life vision. They are eccentric and self centered. Notice how little patience Nick Saban has for bull****!! Their main focus is on their Team and Families. They are not distracted by all of the noise around them. "True Leaders" are worth their weight in gold. You will notice right away when you encounter one. How many people like this have we seen in the football world? Vince Lombardi, Don Shula, Jimmy Johnson, Nick Saban, Dabo Sweeney, Urban Meyers, and then we start running out of such special people. In the college ranks they are great recruiters because they speak from their hearts and do not bull**** you. The parent(s) of these kids relate to and feel this!!

As it relates to the UM Program and of which I've been a fan of for over 45 years, how many "True Leaders" have led our program historically? Schellenberger, Johnson and maybe Butch Davis. That's about it. This will lead me to the next question:

Is Manny Diaz a "True Leader"? My answer is a quick and resounding No. Even though I am a fellow Cuban American, but a "True Leader". He is trying to learn to be one but it's just basically just not there. Don't feel it. He is basically a politician!!

I totally disagree that money now days creates a successful program. David Shula was at Alabama before Saban. Alabama had tons of money back then too! Was David successful at Alabama? Is David a "True Leader"? No, but he is a very nice man. University of Texas has tons of booster money. Have you checked their revolving coaching door in the past 10 years or so?

Bottom line is, "If you win they will come", and you win with those very, very few coaches that are true "Born Leaders". Until we have one, if we ever do, the heart breaks will continue folks.
Only thing I can agree with is Manila is not a leader.

Successful coaches are "True Leaders". So are any kind of successful person you meet in your life. True Leaders are born that way, they are not created. This is a huge mistake we as people constantly misunderstand. You are born with it in your mind, your heart and your soul. You cannot teach it.

85% of the people in the world are "True Followers", 10% of the people should basically "get the **** out of the way" and 5% are "Leaders" and of which only "1" are "True Born Leaders". Think about this. Even on this board, most of the people chiming in are not "True Leaders". They are basically followers.

A "True Leader" is very different. They have 360* Peripheral vision as it relates to their professional vision and they are very clear of their life vision. They are eccentric and self centered. Notice how little patience Nick Saban has for bull****!! Their main focus is on their Team and Families. They are not distracted by all of the noise around them. "True Leaders" are worth their weight in gold. You will notice right away when you encounter one. How many people like this have we seen in the football world? Vince Lombardi, Don Shula, Jimmy Johnson, Nick Saban, Dabo Sweeney, Urban Meyers, and then we start running out of such special people. In the college ranks they are great recruiters because they speak from their hearts and do not bull**** you. The parent(s) of these kids relate to and feel this!!

As it relates to the UM Program and of which I've been a fan of for over 45 years, how many "True Leaders" have led our program historically? Schellenberger, Johnson and maybe Butch Davis. That's about it. This will lead me to the next question:

Is Manny Diaz a "True Leader"? My answer is a quick and resounding No. Even though I am a fellow Cuban American, but a "True Leader". He is trying to learn to be one but it's just basically just not there. Don't feel it. He is basically a politician!!

I totally disagree that money now days creates a successful program. David Shula was at Alabama before Saban. Alabama had tons of money back then too! Was David successful at Alabama? Is David a "True Leader"? No, but he is a very nice man. University of Texas has tons of booster money. Have you checked their revolving coaching door in the past 10 years or so?

Bottom line is, "If you win they will come", and you win with those very, very few coaches that are true "Born Leaders". Until we have one, if we ever do, the heart breaks will continue folks.

I agree with most of this except the idea leaders can’t be made.

A small percentage of the population can develop into leaders on their own.

Many who start as natural leaders lose their confidence for one reason or another.

The spirit of your post is more accurate than most of us want to accept.

surprised john candy GIF

Advertisement
You guys need to look at root cause of our issues and solutions instead of **** complaining year after year, which according to "Hegemon" should make you smarter. Think about it guys!! The guys making our coaching decisions do not know a **** thing about "True Leadership" for they are not true Leaders. It's not money issues guys!! Look at the definition of insanity and that's exactly what we've been doing.

No, sir. You need to look at the "root cause" of your issues.

Why do you love long diatribes? What percentage or your "percentages" are 100 percent accurate? How do you decide what "words" to Quote or Capitalize? When did you decide to quit being a novelist and start writing CIS novellas?

Advertisement
Many of you confuse being a good football coach with being a "True Leader". Nothing can be further from the truth. Leaders are born not created. Look at West Point, Annapolis, Air Force Academy where they try to turn every enrolee into a Leader. How many of you ex-service men/women can vouch for the poor Leadership that comes out of these places.

You learn coaching from hopefully other successful coaches. That in itself does not make you a "True Leader". Look at the life of Saban, Shula, Johnson, etc., and you'll get a better perspective of what "True Leadership" is all about. You are first a Leader within yourself, then your family, then your job, then your community and then your country. I got my genes from my Father, my true Hero, who was a "True Leader". He was a man of few words that led by example!!
Or maybe you just learned from his example...

Posts like this will make everyone forget that I disavow both the BLM riots and the white racists riots at Capitol Hill. Thank you. Keep it up

Please provide three examples of football programs without big money that win at a consistently high level.

Money doesn't make you successful, but it's really, really hard to be successful without it anymore.

It's not the 80's anymore.
Agree with you, however, a program to watch is Coastal Carolina.

Did they just catch lightning in a bottle?

Is there something they are doing right?

Next 3-5 seasons will be telling. Key question for them: can they continue what Moglia started now that he's stepped away from d-t-d involvement?

Brutally difficult to transition from the first HRO-minded leader to the second.

But to your point, you can't run a big time D1P5 program on $1.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back