Lets give Al a break

Advertisement
All this bull**** Al has had to go through will only make him more of a beast this time next year. But we need to win at least 10 games and the ACC title. And the NCAA needs to step off our nuts for us to move forward.

Great class for having only a small number of classes. If the rumors are true we will have answered the needs on NSD. Once the NCAA cloud passes we will have the top ten recruiting classes till then it's a need based style of recruiting.

Probably true. I think we close strong still and don't get Kirkland so....

Grace, Collins, Lockley, Thomas, Edwards, Robinson, Bostwick, Bryant and Coley

It wouldn't surprise me if we signed some other OL too.

Al gets it done!

I'm with you!

I guess Al and Shannon are judged on different scales. Al can do no wrong and Shannon could do no right huh.

Advertisement
I guess Al and Shannon are judged on different scales. Al can do no wrong and Shannon could do no right huh.

Al has had a history of making the right moves and building up a program in Temple, where college football had gone to die before he showed up, not to mention Al has had glowing reviews and support from the same former players who stood by Shannon at first. While Shannon on the other hand, was given a chance to fix the program he played for, he coached for, he learned from, and new exactly what it took to win here and failed miserably. Al has yet to show that he has made a bad move, now he is human and will make mistakes, but he hasn't given reason to worry. Shannon on the other hand was given an opportunity and failed to the very end. So yes there are different scales, and well earned scales based on history. Not sure what you are trying to insinuate

From all indications, Mathew Thomas' heart was never to play for Miami if he chooses to play elsewhere on Wednesday. We all know the staff did whatever they could as far as recruiting this young man. This staff works hard and they spend endless hours a week with phone calls and visits. It seems there were some shananigans going on with Kirkland and the $EC. It would have nice to put the fence around South Florida but the inabilities of the prier staff has let the $EC and Louserville come down and poach. All in all some kids will get away because they don't want to be Canes and staff can't do anything about that. I expected a feeder school like Booker T to feed the U with there top kids and the staff did also. Miami shouldn't have to wait until signing day with a Booker T kid with no indication on where he may go, that's unacceptable and Al had to make a statement. In Al I trust and so should you.

Don't give up hope Jersey.......the fence is built!

Advertisement
No but I just call it how I see it. If Randy made this same move all of you would be shi&ing on him big time, what's good for the goose is good for the gander...

I just want him to have one full recruiting cycle without other progrums using the NCAA **** on him.

we really need to relax here. 2 kids don't come here and the world is suddenly coming to a screeching halt?! chill... we don't know what surprises the 6th holds so like I say before (and got negged for) get out your emotions and wait. no one in here is recruiting these kids so there's nothing we can do. It's the kids decision and if Thomas (Stop with the "6" BS) wants to go bum out at FSU and be like James Wilder (one of the best LB/RB's in the country coming out) Or The UF QB who came crawling back for an offer after getting beat out for the job by Driskel, so be it. For now, chill with the irrationality and the FIRE GOLDEN crap and wait to see what happens.

No but I just call it how I see it. If Randy made this same move all of you would be shi&ing on him big time, what's good for the goose is good for the gander...

No you are, let's call it out. Let's be honest and I call it how I see it.

Let me explain something to you, Randy Shannon doesn't need any public defenders. Randy received a buy out from the school and made millions of dollars (during his tenure), he is fine. He doesn't need you to help his cause because he failed at UM and made a **** ton of money doing it.

So let the man die, if he wants to hire his own defense team he can afford it.

Advertisement
@VB

Golden continues to cultivate relationships with local HS coaches

by: Steve Gorten November 22nd, 2011 | 11:14 PM

CORAL GABLES – During the drive from Coral Gables to Tampa last Friday for his team’s game against USF, from about 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Miami coach Al Golden called high school coaches back in South Florida.

“I called them all – anybody that was in the playoffs – and just wished them luck,” Golden recounted Tuesday. “And if I didn’t get through to them, just say [in a message], ‘Hey, we’re thinking about you.’ And our staff operates that same way. High school coaches are critical to us, to our future.”

Since he was hired in December, Golden has stressed the importance of cultivating relationships with local high school coaches – some of whom former UM coach Randy Shannon didn’t have a relationship with, or did but it eroded – and by all accounts, Golden has been successful.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_college_hurricanes/2011/11

Al has had a history of making the right moves and building up a program in Temple, where college football had gone to die before he showed up, not to mention Al has had glowing reviews and support from the same former players who stood by Shannon at first. While Shannon on the other hand, was given a chance to fix the program he played for, he coached for, he learned from, and new exactly what it took to win here and failed miserably. Al has yet to show that he has made a bad move, now he is human and will make mistakes, but he hasn't given reason to worry. Shannon on the other hand was given an opportunity and failed to the very end. So yes there are different scales, and well earned scales based on history. Not sure what you are trying to insinuate

SN: Al can also say he put a player in the SB with Bernard Pierce doing work for the ravens. and he did that S*** at LOWLY TEMPLE. That's saying alot as Tommy Streeter is broke as well as Damien Berry. BOTH cane alum.

Advertisement
In all fairness, we dont have enough information on Golden to know what moves he has made that will turn out to be good. He's still an unknown whether thats what you want to hear or not.

I wonder what it's like to feel like such an inferior ******, like less of a man, such a subhuman, that you believe every single thing is reduced to a racial issue. It couldn't have been the fact the guy was awful after four years. No chance it's that. No way he just sucked as a coach. Why take accountability for that and own the fact that he fell short? Had to be a race thing. Not performance based at all.

Sounds like you guys can't take a little constructive criticism, I'm a cane thru and thru but right is right and wrong is wrong deal with it.

In all fairness, we dont have enough information on Golden to know what moves he has made that will turn out to be good. He's still an unknown whether thats what you want to hear or not.

Really?

The only thing that is questionable is his gameday management and beating inferior teams.

The guy can recruit with the best of 'em.

Advertisement
Back