Let's face some facts

If there was a chance to get patterson it would be after this season but USC would probably be all over that. Still make the call anyways.

USC can't hire everyone. We can't take every great candidate and just assume that USC will hire them all.

I swear most of these cats lack cojones. They completely lack pride. I've never seen such a female attitude towards a sports team.

"We'll never have a shot at an elite guy!" "Coaches will laugh at us!" "The only coaches you can get to come are Schiano and Chud!"
"Miami is a bad job!"

For fvcks sake these people sound more like Noles fans than red blooded american Canes fans. Have some **** PRIDE!

They're broken down shells of men. The kind of guys who drive minivans and walk around with their wives at the mall on football Saturday afternoons with their heads down and that beaten far away look in their eyes.

Advertisement
I never remember who is who in that family, they are a bunch and they all went to different schools for college and hs.

Franchise,

I believe this is Gino's oldest brother not father that is doing the AD searching. It is Paul Jr., correct me if I am wrong.

Fact is that Dimare is UM's actual AD. That yellow toothed socked puppet secretary of his, Kermit The AD, is merely a stooge in place to take the heat for the bad decisions that Dimare makes as AD. Fake is as much the AD as you are, friends.

Let's figure it out. Let me help in the process if I may. Here's the proof:

1. Dimare's son will be the next head baseball coach. For those who don't follow baseball closely, UM is a top 3 job in college baseball.

Last time the job was open, UM went to Georgia Tech, which was a College World Series team with guys like Kevin Brown, Garciaparra and Veritek playing there, and UM took their HC. What do we do this time? Hire the AD's son.

2. Fake spent the last several months telling the world that Folden would be the HC through the end of this season and that no change would be made. A few hours later, Dimare fires Folden.

3. Barry Jackson's latest article lists Dimare and Miller as the guys running the search for the next HC. Dontravious Money has already told us that Miller isn't a football fan. Who does that leave as the guy making the decision? Yep. Your AD Mr. Dimare.

I'm not here to say that Dimare is any less qualified to be the AD and pick a HC than Kermit The AD. In fact, he's probably far more qualified as a successful businessman to evaluate a potential employee than a guy whose claim to fame was selling tickets.

My only hope is that Dimare is an astute college football fan and not just some old stubborn dude stuck in the 80s or 90s.

Run a real search, AD Dimare. Call some monsters and pitch them on UM. Call a guy like Gary Patterson and see if losing his Heisman caliber QB and all-world WR at the end of this season might have him thinking about a change of scenery. What better time to jump than after losing your entire offense?

AD Dimare, please don't just sit back and go down the usual desultory list of fired failures with some connection to UM or the area. Shoot for the stars and remember you have a pretty good option there if you fail to bag a big buck.

Pretty sure you're wrong, friend.

If there was a chance to get patterson it would be after this season but USC would probably be all over that. Still make the call anyways.

USC can't hire everyone. We can't take every great candidate and just assume that USC will hire them all.

I swear most of these cats lack cojones. They completely lack pride. I've never seen such a female attitude towards a sports team.

"We'll never have a shot at an elite guy!" "Coaches will laugh at us!" "The only coaches you can get to come are Schiano and Chud!"
"Miami is a bad job!"

For fvcks sake these people sound more like Noles fans than red blooded american Canes fans. Have some **** PRIDE!

They're broken down shells of men. The kind of guys who drive minivans and walk around with their wives at the mall on football Saturday afternoons with their heads down and that beaten far away look in their eyes.

Chise,

I don't think people are saying we CAN'T attract elite coaches.
Instead, what they're saying is that UM decision-makers do not have it in
them to make these sort of hiring moves.
It is one thing to want to be excellent, another to be willing to do what it takes.
Think of the eccentric millionaire who can afford to shop at expensive supermarkets, but instead
shops at DollarStore with a bunch of coupons.
And based on UM's history of hires - and you've done a good job of explaining it in this thread -
can you blame our fellow naysayers?

"Miami is a bad job!"

lol idk know why I'm getting quoted y'all completely twisted my words. I never said anything about Gary Patterson rejecting us because where we stand against other programs. USC wants proven candidates and will pay more. I also said we should make the call for Gary Patterson anyways.

Im not sure I can reference it again without going crazy. However.

USC, Tenn, Mich, Bama, UF, Texas, OSU, Notre Dame......all have made terrible hires. College football has been around more than 100 years. Miami fans seem to mistaken a rough patch for permanently futility.

I'm a Mets fan. So for decades I've watched that team suck and make failed decision after failed decision. It would be easy to say "they arent willing to do what it takes". But then they finally got it right, and built a team that won the National League this year, and are in position to win for a while now.

The point is, Miami is no different from any other major sports team. It is naive to think we were just going to have 50 straight years of dominance. Not even the NY Yankees have been immune to some bad times. But that doesn't mean this is how things are forever.

The last three hires were bad, due to a multitude of factors, possibly the biggest being a meddling president. But if I have learned anything about being a sports fan, is that things can and do change. Have some faith, some pride, and demand the excellence we deserve and you might get it.

Advertisement

"Miami is a bad job!"

Chise,

It is one thing to want to be excellent, another to be willing to do what it takes.
Think of the eccentric millionaire who can afford to shop at expensive supermarkets, but instead
And based on UM's history of hires - and you've done a good job of explaining it in this thread -

I don't see it that way, Carlos. I fully understand being skeptical of UM making the right move. I am one of the biggest skeptics there is.

But I don't see these guys being skeptical of the decision making, which they have every right to be; I see them as being skeptical of UM's ability to make a great hire. They're beat down to the point where they buy all the poor mouthing about UM being broke or being a bad job.

WTF is it with some of the prosters here? This is about getting the best HC solution for our beloved U.

This isn't about your debating points, or how you're butt hurt that folks didn't fawn over your coach-du-jour, or the unfairness of it all.

Butch is our best solution, but I'll back any choice that's made. Of course, the TRAITOR would have a microscopically short leash.

Ok let's say we have 5 mil to spend. You are seriously telling me Butch is a better option than Dantonio, Chip, Gundy, or Patterson?

They're not going to hire any of those people. They're not even going to try.

I don't understand what makes you think given their recent history that they're going to make a competent informed decision.

I'm right there with you wanting a home run hire. Not going to happen.

Ok here we are with the little sisters of the poor argument again. I mean, if the entire fanbase wallows in self pity and says "well we can't expect a great coach" then they have no reason to give us one.

Did you see the joke coaches Bama hired before Saban? Ron Zook and Muschamp at UF? Have you followed Tennessee? Have you read about USC pre Carroll?

People have to stop this female attitude towards our program. Every single program has made bad hires; that doesn't mean they can't or won't make a good one. It's really tiring to hear people in our own **** fanbase saying "we can't get anyone elite!"

First of all, Butch is ELITE.

This isn't about money. It's about being pragmatic. I notice you didn't put Belichik on your list.

"Miami is a bad job!"

Chise,

I don't see it that way, Carlos. I fully understand being skeptical of UM making the right move. I am one of the biggest skeptics there is.

But I don't see these guys being skeptical of the decision making, which they have every right to be; I see them as being skeptical of UM's ability to make a great hire. They're beat down to the point where they buy all the poor mouthing about UM being broke or being a bad job.

I note the distinction you are making.
It sounds like differences pertain to more of the "why" UM makes bad hires.
But at the end of the day, does it really matter?
Athletic programs at P5 schools are mega-million dollar enterprises and should be run accordingly.
But it appears that UM is being run like a mom-and-pop pizza joint.
Hence the skepticism.
I don't think you and the naysayers are that much apart in disagreement.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back