"Let's be NIL U".

Advertisement
You're saying the jury is out on the portal hurting or helping us? Did I read that right?
Yes, as a strategy for maintaining a healthy and stable program over the long run.

Not as in we desperately needed a QB because of prior mismanagement and King came in and saved our bacon.

The top teams, while taking advantage of the occasional Joe Burrow, Justin Fields, or Jalen Hurts, will survive and thrive based on their ability to identify, recruit, and develop top high school talent. It is yet to be seen whether Miami will be able to break back into the elite level by taking 6, 7, 8 transfers per year.

So, yes, as I stated, I do not believe it is a settled discussion as of yet as to whether the transfer portal will truly benefit UM (in the long run) more than the borrowing from the future effect that comes along with it will hurt us.

Yes, as a strategy for maintaining a healthy and stable program over the long run.

Not as in we desperately needed a QB because of prior mismanagement and King came in and saved our bacon.

The top teams, while taking advantage of the occasional Joe Burrow, Justin Fields, or Jalen Hurts, will survive and thrive based on their ability to identify, recruit, and develop top high school talent. It is yet to be seen whether Miami will be able to break back into the elite level by taking 6, 7, 8 transfers per year.

So, yes, as I stated, I do not believe it is a settled discussion as of yet as to whether the transfer portal will truly benefit UM (in the long run) more than the borrowing from the future effect that comes along with it will hurt us.

Let me be succinct. It has helped us. Tremendously.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back