Let me tell you a little bit about Jamar Cheney

I don’t like having to much lizard stank on our team just like I don’t like having to much semenhole on our team.
I just don’t. We already have enough imo.

Advertisement
I like how many basically Jim Harbaugh'd the defensive side of the ball. Need to see the same next year after Lashlee leaves.
Not really true. Continuity is important. Harbaugh is firing guys because things weren’t working. We don’t want to blow up the offensive stuff just because Lashlee leaves.

He’s from Ft. Pierce & went to St. Lucie Centennial, Kamari Wilson went to PSL Westwood before he transferred to IMG, but he’s basically from the same area as Kamari.

He played LB at Miss St for Dan Mullen & was the assistant recruiting director at UF last year before he became an Analyst at Miss St.

If he’s our LB coach, we land Kamari without question.
Our Canes need some LCE and Lance Roffers on staff.

Thats what I'm talking about...

I don’t like having to much lizard stank on our team just like I don’t like having to much semenhole on our team.
I just don’t. We already have enough imo.
Miami fans seriously have to get past just hiring "Miami guys" it doesn't work like that, those days are over. Chaney played at Miss State anyway he didn't graduate from UF. I'll take good coaches and recruiters no matter where they are from

Advertisement
Miami fans seriously have to get past just hiring "Miami guys" it doesn't work like that, those days are over. Chaney played at Miss State anyway he didn't graduate from UF. I'll take good coaches and recruiters no matter where they are from
Has nothing to do with guys being Miami guys. I don’t care if they hired a linebacker coach from Oregon. I just don’t like having too many people that were on staff at FSU or at UF. I have an inherent distrust for those guys. It’s one thing if they coached for FSU 10 years ago or something like that but if they just came out of that program I don’t like the smell.

Not really true. Continuity is important. Harbaugh is firing guys because things weren’t working. We don’t want to blow up the offensive stuff just because Lashlee leaves.
If we promoted anyone on the offensive side of the ball to be OC that will be a massive downgrade from Lashlee. Have to hire someone on his level or upgrade and when that happens the new OC will want to hand pick his surrounding cast.

Advertisement
If we promoted anyone on the offensive side of the ball to be OC that will be a massive downgrade from Lashlee. Have to hire someone on his level or upgrade and when that happens the new OC will want to hand pick his surrounding cast.
Hate to break it to you. Sounds like Likens is the next OC.

I assume he wasn’t at Miss St when Manny was there?

He was actually a long-time commit to UGA but couldn't get into the school because he had some issues with SAT scores. So he visited Rutgers, Maryland and several before his uncle turned him onto Mississippi State and asked Mark Richt to commend him to Coach Croom, who was the MSU HC.
There is a youtube video on Jamar Chaney zoom chatting with several MSU bloggers from last year where you can hear this and other stuff on his background.

Hate to break it to you. Sounds like Likens is the next OC.
Something sounding like it's going to happen vs actually happening are two different things. Just yesterday it sounded like T Will was going to do big things at The U.

Advertisement
Advertisement
'Sposed to trust the Twitter follow.. Well he follows Coach Diaz AND Coach Malzahn. Clearly he will leverage the LB coaching role at Miami into a Supreme Defensive Lieutenant Coordinator position at UCF.

if it's apple to apples we should be able to outbid UCF, plus we are on a bigger stage. Smart of him though to leverage his options.

Advertisement
Back