Votes: 37 12.1%
  • C-

Votes: 27 8.8%
  • D or lower

Votes: 29 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
UNC loss really made this season fall below a B+ and a solid B

could have been an A season with a win(or close loss to UNC) and a bowl win.

Advertisement
Lower than D. I want Mandy and the muthafukas fired for pretending to be coaches.

I like your optimisim, but I'd say more like B-/C+
You know, for as much as I disagreed with you on the fans *****ing, I had exact same thought on this one. Almost went B-
Couldn’t do it bc of WR play in bowl game—despite Lashlee and N’Kosi being ready to play QB2 so well.

Last edited:
You know, for as much as I disagreed with on the fans *****ing, I had exact same thought on this one. Almost went B-
Couldn’t do it bc of WR play in bowl game—despite Lashlee and N’Kosi being ready to play QB2 so well.
See, that's what I've been saying. The problems are the ones who aren't impressed with how well Lashlee/Perry stepped up.

Nothing wrong with being ****ed about poor performance and venting. It's the ones who see nothing ever to be happy about.

Advertisement
Went with a D because player development was ZERO, penalties galore with an undisciplined team, we didn't beat one good team but lost to three good ones, got embarrassed on national TV twice, and this team sucks only because the coaching is **** poor. This year was abomination and please don't give me the record BS.

Not saying Lashlee is a top OC. He is definitely above ave. Have to consider the OL and WRs he inherited. As for Baker not impressed in any way. Because of him season a C for me. Decent defense would have been higher

Advertisement
I participated in the 247 poll and the results were somewhat surprising with “B+” getting the most votes. Let’s see how CIS responds
I gave this season a C-

Manny has a fraud coaching staff on DF. That’s half the team not being coached up = C. Now our WRs couldn’t catch a cold except Harley when no ones around him. Now that takes the grade down a notch = C-

How can anybody give this season anything above that is only fooling themselves. We are what you’ve seen what we really are in games where we played teams ranked in the top 25. They all killed us and we struggled with most of the ones not ranked.

I’ve made the logical case for my grade of C- which is a generous grade due to Manny being consistently out-coached, now people should at least give reason why the grade should be higher.

With everything on the line, this team let UNC score 60+ on them, and then followed it up with showing up to the bowl game in zombie costumes for the first half, and people can seriously give this team a B+/-? You all must be grading on a curve. I guess watching UNC play in our stadium for the OB didn't ever phase you.

Can't believe some of the grades you guys are giving. This team FOLDED AT THE END and lost ALL THREE of its toughest games. Without King we may have a losing record. I guess many of you accept mediocrity and expect no better.

We were 6-7 last year with the worst offense in the entire Power 5. I’m sure you predicted more of the same. Your King argument is beyond preposterous. And it didn’t fold at the end. In a meaningless game they fought tooth and nail to the very end with a back up quarterback. If our receivers had anything but backboards attached to their wrists we come back to win by two TDs. It was a good season that was derailed by an unacceptable **** performance late.

Save your lectures.

Advertisement
We did better than I thought we would. Worst group of defenders that I can recall. I know people still blow smoke but this Oline isnt ship material either. CBs all suck... Safeties 1 (that payed) is NFL material. LBs might be the worst in the ACC. OK two DEs that can rush the QB at A1 level but are average run stoppers. I DT that plays hard when he wants to. 1 up and coming DT. Probably the worst WR group in the ACC.

Advertisement
This goes down as one of our best seasons of the past 15 years along with 2005, 2009, 2013, 2017. All of those seasons ended poorly and were mostly smoke and mirrors, but the optics for 2020 were mostly good until the final few weeks. And even then, signing a great class diminishes the impact of losing the final 2 games. Miami is still somehow trending up.

B-.

Recency bias makes me want to grade lower, but I think it's unfair to grade an entire season (that was otherwise stellar) based on 1 awful showing.
That one awful showing cost us a NY6 bowl in our home stadium and a chance at double digit wins.

Advertisement
Back