Votes: 37 12.1%
  • C-

Votes: 27 8.8%
  • D or lower

Votes: 29 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Advertisement
Went with C+. Sure, the offense is improved and we have a leader in QB in King. For the offense, we didn't get to see the younger talent and were held hostage by Wiggins and Pope. Harley was a pleasant surprise in the second half of the year and I liked what I saw from the RBs in general.

The defense took a significant step back and whether you're on the side that it's the scheme or it's Baker or both - changes needed to happen on that side of the ball last year and it reared its head this season. Our inability to recruit at LB and CB for years finally caught up with us and when the big games came on - we showed our ***.

The reason for the low grade is that I didn't see Manny take that next step as a HC. In all, I think that's what I find the most concerning and it solidified, at least IMO, that he's just not the guy.

I have a nice formula. I call it "Ze German".

Its really easy, all you need to do is take x*p/25 and if you havent messed it up, the result should be the following: **** BLAKE BAKER. FIRE HIS *** THIS ******* INSTANT

Its groundbreaking, I know, so if you use, it would be great if I get some credit for the formula. Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
I gave it a C.

Defense expectedly continued to nose dive from 2019.

Only loss this yr shoulda been clemson. Our 1 realistic signature win of the year against UNC turned into a historic boatracing for mandy for the 2nd time in his career.

Lashlee was a breath of fresh air but he also isn't perfect..BUT offense is certainly the furthest thing from our priority list of problems to address.

Hopefully manny can do some more offseason magic I guess?

Advertisement
A just for playing.
giphy (8).gif

Advertisement
if last year got an F (can't imagine anything better than an F for last year) and this year was marginally better, how can anybody give any kind of B?

I gave a C because we were basically the same team as last year except for some minor improvements on offense (not big enough improvements IMO when you consider the overhaul of coaches and players).

And the Defense was worse.. we won close games this year except the bowl game. we lost those games last year. I don't think that's any indication of program/team improvement but could almost 100% be attributed to having King instead of Kosi/Jarren...

Advertisement
C+

Positives
- King!
- Beating crappy opponents, although some of these games (Pitt, UVA) were too close for comfort
- Kicking and punting game
- Lashlee, while not perfect, looks like a legit OC hire
- Noticeable improvement from the OL. Still a long way to go, and there are some JAG's on this OL, but not the complete train wreck we saw in 2019
- Chaney
- Nesta took the next step
- Frierson's development
- The first half of the season for Bolden
- Phillips and Roche

Negatives
- The back 7 of the defense was the worst since the Donofrio era, particularly at LB and DB
- Wiggins and Pope
- Further to that point, not giving the young WR's more PT. I know COVID got in the way for some, but they were all healthy for the bowl game and barely saw PT
- Getting completely dominated by UNC
- ****ing away opportunities to make the Clemson game competitive
- Ending the season with a thud AGAIN
- The silly celebrations after beating crappy teams like UVA. Manuel seems to be fixated on celebrating minor achievements

Advertisement
Back