Votes: 37 12.1%
  • C-

Votes: 27 8.8%
  • D or lower

Votes: 29 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Advertisement
****, I gave the highest grade with a B+?! I'm not exactly known as a slurper.

We took a step forward, both W/L wise, and just eye test wise (Lashlee/King). That, IMO, gets us to at least a B.

For reference, I would say staying the same is a C. Slightly regressing is a D. Completely collapsing (3-4 wins) is an F.

Curious to see what the reaction would be if we took the bowl game out of the mix, or called it a Canes win. I kind of discount that game because King got hurt (even if Perry played well in his absence).

Go CANES thanks for the advice and I do appreciate it. Fortunately, I had season tickets for about 30 years but not the last 3 years because the football program is a total clown show.

Advertisement
Go CANES thanks for the advice and I do appreciate it. Fortunately, I had season tickets for about 30 years but not the last 3 years because the football program is a total clown show.

I don’t believe you

Advertisement
C+ due to too many close games that very easily could've gone the other way. Almost went B- since we basically won the ones we should.

F+. You don't finish like Manure did and getting a passing grade. Played 2 good teams and no showed and got completely humiliated and set records of incompetence in the process, then got beat by the worst Okie State team in years.

Advertisement
My expectations going into the season:
1. Beat the teams we should beat
2. Get at least one signature top-10 win
3. Get to the ACC 'ship
4. Win a bowl game.
5. Finish the year 10-2

One could argue that if we played GT and King didn't get hurt we are 10-2.
One could argue alot of things,

Can't go more than C+ based on my expectations.

F. Last year was F-. Slightly improved from the unimaginable level of suck that was last season.

Improved as in we didn’t lose to FIU. Improved as in we didn’t get shut out by LA Tech.

Player development, culture, accountability - nonexistent. Did not beat a single good team. Mandy’s signature end of season collapse lives on. At least players weren’t dancing on the sidelines while getting humiliated this season. But might have been even worse. The head corch high fives guys that drop passes and trots them out again. Oh, and the slip and slide.

Eight and three bro!!!

Advertisement
C we improved from 6 wins to 8 wins,we cant get are *** whoop like that by north Carolina a basketball school.now with the recruiting class we got if we fire the defensive staff ill give it a b

This season was a step in the right direction, it wasn't an unmitigated disaster like last year. That said, it was still disappointing, because when you look at the talent on the roster, and the schedule, Miami should have been playing in the Orange Bowl. Miami wasn't competitive against the two teams on the schedule with a pulse, and that was extremely disappointing. It wasn't a complete mismatch in regards to talent, it was pure inability for this staff to prepare the team, even with additional time to do so. I have zero faith in this defensive staff, mostly because they weren't even able to make basic in game adjustments.

A decent staff wins 9+ games with this roster, without the close calls, without the long stretches of mediocre play. I didn't walk away feeling as if this staff got the most out of the talent on the roster, I don't even feel that a lot of the better players were well utilized.

****, I gave the highest grade with a B+?! I'm not exactly known as a slurper.

We took a step forward, both W/L wise, and just eye test wise (Lashlee/King). That, IMO, gets us to at least a B.

For reference, I would say staying the same is a C. Slightly regressing is a D. Completely collapsing (3-4 wins) is an F.

Curious to see what the reaction would be if we took the bowl game out of the mix, or called it a Canes win. I kind of discount that game because King got hurt (even if Perry played well in his absence).

I gave Diaz an A in the offseason for identifying our glaring weaknesses and making them strengths: King, Lashlee (and crew), Borregales and Hedley. Added to that he brought in a very good recruiting class, which I did not expect coming off 6-7.

I gave this season a B because it was a marked improvement from 2019. Not only did we play all the games we could during a difficult season with a shortened offseason, but we beat the teams we were meant to beat - something we haven't done for a LONG time. Clemson are operating at a different level to us, we're not going to be competitive with them for a number of seasons (unless they suddenly fall off a cliff). I was not confident about the UNC game at all and it proved to be correct - they have just as much, if not more, talent as we have and more experienced coaches. The Bowl Game we were absolutely screwed by the officials - and however much people want to cite Jimmy Johnson, we're simply not good enough yet to take the influence of officials out of the game!

So why only a B considering that rather glowing write up? Mainly because the defence regressed (more on this later) and the deference to seniority. There's simply no way Pope, Wiggins, Carter, Jennings, McCloud et al should have been getting that many snaps. Especially with the transfer portal, I hope this doesn't come to bite us with talented underclassmen bolting for starting gigs elsewhere.

So where does that leave us for the 2020 offseason? Well so far I've given Diaz a B as once again he's brought in a very talented class - amazing for a guy that some claim can't recruit. This could drop down to a C- if he retains Baker and Rumph, or rise to an A if he does the right thing and brings in experienced and qualified coaches on the defensive side of the ball. The last two classes we've brought in MORE talented players than we have for a while - we need to start developing them on Greentree and putting them in the right positions on Game Day. I'm confident Lashlee (and crew) will do that. I have no confidence Baker will.

Advertisement
Back