Let’s hope Richt

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Some calls are blatantly wrong. Do you you still think they are out to get us or sometimes refs are just blatantly bad?

No, I not that fan... I just laughed at your spinning of this as the "refs make different interpretations of a holding call" this isnt like the NFL with keeping your head up or a pass interference where you have to find the middle ground between mutal contact...

Its dude gets his jersey pulled and is obvious that it resulted in negating his rush

I really hope Richt has given a full throated grievance to the ACC commission regarding the lack of holding penalties being called in our favor. The **** reached the sublime last season as it often TOTALLY NEGATED OUR TALENT ADVANTAGE UP FRONT!!!!!! I have NEVER seen anything quite like it.....

Bro....that blown PI, one of the most egregious PI's in last season's OB cost us that game or momentum. We were held **** near every single play ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL. Jerseys are literally being pulled off our players back. Chit was egregious af.

Advertisement
Some calls are blatantly wrong. Do you you still think they are out to get us or sometimes refs are just blatantly bad?

Pass that gas youre smoking and gtfoh!!!

IT was blatantly wrong and blatantly
bad referees.

The fact that we still led the league is a testament to how relentless we were it doesn't take away from the fact that WHEN WE COULDN'T MAKE IT TO THE QB because of a hold we didn't receive the rightful call.

Just because we are good doesn't mean we aren't receiving unfair treatment.

2016 was nuts. 2017 was truly unbelievable. I hate excuses, but watch the ******* tape. It was bizarre. Even leading the league in sacks, all it means is we should have had way more.

If I'm Coach Diaz, I have every front 7 player get in full gear before each game and do a quick roll in a kiddie pool of crisco oil. That, or start buying Michael Bennett-sized pads for our DL.

2016 was nuts. 2017 was truly unbelievable. I hate excuses, but watch the ******* tape. It was bizarre. Even leading the league in sacks, all it means is we should have had way more.

If I'm Coach Diaz, I have every front 7 player get in full gear before each game and do a quick roll in a kiddie pool of crisco oil. That, or start buying Michael Bennett-sized pads for our DL.

1. We led league in sacks. Still lost 3 games.
2. Did the lack of holding calls lead directly to our 3 losses?
3. I know you watch a lot of Canes tapes. Do you watch other teams tapes as much to make a comparison of inordinate botched calls?
4. Is it a conspiracy of refs towards us?

Advertisement
If Richt's reaction during the OB game didn't make an impression on the league then nothing will

A*fūcking*men

Preach

You’re trying too hard to be Mr. Objective. We’ve been getting raped and molested every game for two years now. Blatant and constant.
Franchise....(as you know) nothing new....
Jerome Brown was held so much in his time at UM, that it was Ridiculous....especially the Flutie game, especially on the Hail Mary play....same ole..same ole....

Advertisement
looks like a clear case of "Fawk the U" to me. but let @Salt tell it were just a bunch of homers who think the big bad ncaa is out to get us

looks like a clear case of "Fawk the U" to me. but let @Salt tell it were just a bunch of homers who think the big bad ncaa is out to get us

Ok. All I am asking is for people who think it is such a clear case to make it. Feelings and appearances don't always corroborate what is actual reality.

I am not denying what occurred against Wisconsin, for example. I just don't yet see this larger NCAA conspiracy as opposed to bad officiating. Again, we lead the NCAA in sacks in 2017.

Advertisement
I think if you look at great teams with the best D-lines; they don't garner a lot of holding calls against other great teams (They let them play) - so maybe its a form of flattery or a sign we are getting close again.

This is one of the football things that a lot of posters don't recognize, many because they were too young when the Canes were last rolling; Excuses

The great Cane D-Lines from the Swagger Era got held a lot more than last year's bunch, they just kept finding ways to make plays and be great.

Those great Miami teams wanted the opposition's best, they didn't want to hear after they put one on you, that it happened because so and so was out because of an injury or a suspension. They wanted to put their foot on their throats and leave no doubt.

Fun to talk about, but we'll know we are back when there are fewer excuses about why the Ws were not there.

Coaches will sometimes instruct the players to hold a lot early in the game and get the penalties out of the way early so they can continue it throughout the game. The refs are hand tied at this point because they cannot call every single penalty. UCLA under Mora likes to do this along with personal fouls. But as we all know in Miami's case they are not getting any calls going their way early in these games. It is a real mystery why this happens. IIRC at one point last year there was over 500 plays without a holding call, its madness!

I've never seen anything like what happened last season ever, I remember really not even noticing either until someone brought it up. Weren't we going into the Wisky game with no holds against us for like 7 games straight? That **** is unheard of that has to be a world record.
Same

I started watching both lines on replay. Pretty bad

Advertisement
Back