Les Miles has already canned his OC at KU

Advertisement
Not happy with our execution either. But we're still top 15 in total D and top 40 in total O.

That combination should make us a top 20 team . . . . . but it doesn't.

Advertisement
You're allowed to do that?

Yes! But Enos was smart enough to hire assistants who have never even remotely sniffed calling plays or would a clue on where to start. Talk about built in job security to go along with his ridiculous buyout which probably has the university on the hook for 3yrs paid in full.

As Blake Baker, that is practically Manny protege whom he will not part with.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Not happy with our execution either. But we're still top 15 in total D and top 40 in total O.

special teams and penalties have boned us all year

Beat Bethune Cookman, squeaked out a W against a G5 team, then lost all 3 games to P5 teams. I know it's cliche, but the only stat that matters is the win loss column. The other stats are just things a HC trots out to justify his choice of DC even though the team keeps losing. You could have a top 15 defense in PPG, but if the defense cant protect a lead, then it is worthless. Our defense is good except in crunch time. Game after game, Miami needs a stop to win and the opponent carves up the defense like a Thanksgiving turkey. I can even forgive Enos, as Miamis offense has been dismal the last few years. But that is 100% Diaz's defense.

special teams and penalties have boned us all year

Funny how people say it's a talent problem. Sorry my dudes, penalties have little to do with the team's recruiting ranking on Rivals. Penalties are mostly a coaching issue and Miami is among the most penalized teams in CFB.

Advertisement
Beat Bethune Cookman, squeaked out a W against a G5 team, then lost all 3 games to P5 teams. I know it's cliche, but the only stat that matters is the win loss column. The other stats are just things a HC trots out to justify his choice of DC even though the team keeps losing. You could have a top 15 defense in PPG, but if the defense cant protect a lead, then it is worthless. Our defense is good except in crunch time. Game after game, Miami needs a stop to win and the opponent carves up the defense like a Thanksgiving turkey. I can even forgive Enos, as Miamis offense has been dismal the last few years. But that is 100% Diaz's defense.
If he had beat UNC and VT and lost the other 3 I'd be less ****ed than I am right now.

Yes to all of this.

For the three losses, you can't point to one of several areas that, if we had taken care of just one, we'd have won. And, it doesn't have to even be great execution, just ok.

Make the 10 sacks against UF, 5, and we win. Or halve the penalties. Or execute special teams.
Make one stop on 4th down and long at UNC, and we win. Or halve the penalties. Or execute special teams.
Make the 5 turnovers, 3, against VT, and we win. Or stop them on that last drive.

And then we're what, ranked #15? I'm inclined to wait to see if things get fixed by the end of the year, but I'd hope to see some progress on this so far.

Advertisement
yeah but those 3 P5 loses were by a score or less. one was to a top 5 team and the other just nearly beat Clemson. Guys stop b*******. are we where we want to be currently? No. i just hate when these ******** expect a championship contender as soon as a new head coach comes in. there's a lot that can be improved upon but for this constant whining? The amount yall talk about Bama this, Georgia this, Ohio Taint this, Clemson That, go become fans of those teams.

yeah but those 3 P5 loses were by a score or less. one was to a top 5 team and the other just nearly beat Clemson. Guys stop b*******. are we where we want to be currently? No. i just hate when these ******** expect a championship contender as soon as a new head coach comes in. there's a lot that can be improved upon but for this constant whining? The amount yall talk about Bama this, Georgia this, Ohio Taint this, Clemson That, go become fans of those teams.

I think that it shows that it's his Mickey Mouse coaching staff that's holding the team back. If playing sound football and getting blown out I might consider it a talent issue. When almost dead last in penalties, it's a corching issue. His handpicked buffoons aren't preparing the players.

Advertisement
Back