Leonard Taylor to Jets

Advertisement
Going into his 3rd year, Norvell had 1 player drafted.
That’s a good data point to shït on FSU trolls but I think it’s inaccurate.

Norvell’s first season was 2020. The 2021 FSU class had 4 players drafted. So he had 5 players drafted technically. 6 in his first 3 years.

Mario has had 6 players drafted in his first two years, so one more than Mario.

NIL did not fundamentally change organizational command and leadership that has been in existence since the beginning of man. Sure, it's a new piece of the puzzle, but as some of the questions around it shake out it will be the same people that have success, the leaders that are able to change hearts and minds.
What NIL didn’t change is that we’re all made up of DNA, parenting and experience. Some people believe our post six years of age experiences hardly impact us unless they’re traumatic (ex. rape, war).

We are all our own choices. You have to find athletes with gritty genetics who want to grow. Some people don’t want to do what it takes to grow. The discomfort (boot camp).

A great recruiter would ignore stars for physical traits mixed with mental and emotional traits. 247 has no idea if someone will work hard.

Infomercial Smell GIF

Make sure you mention this incident in the confession booth to your priest.

NIL did not fundamentally change organizational command and leadership that has been in existence since the beginning of man. Sure, it's a new piece of the puzzle, but as some of the questions around it shake out it will be the same people that have success, the leaders that are able to change hearts and minds.
You are willfully refusing to see my point. Thank you for proving it.

Go Canes

Advertisement
This happens to US more than anyone. Maybe we need to start selling kids on LA FAMILIA AND CHAMPIONSHIPS, not on draft picks. 2004 was 20 years ago. That’s how we ATTRACT these bums. Marketing strategies need REFRESHING.
Alabama’s #1 ‘21 class had (7) 5-stars and (6) 4-stars ranked 95 or higher.
13 Top-100 guys.

5- stars:
5 got drafted in the first 2 rounds.
1 got drafted in the 5th.
1 transferred out and is projected as an UDFA

High 4-stars (None in this years draft):
Projections-
2 UDFA
3 Transfers, UDFA
1 Transfer and out of football.

Of the 13 top-100 guys in Alabama’s ‘21 class, 5 were drafted, or are expected to be drafted in the first 3 rounds.
Only 6, total, are expected to be drafted when all is said and done.

Last edited:
He was what he was. Imagine we weren’t battling Bama or uga for him we were battling Mullen and uf. Need I say more?

If the main DT schools (with proven evals) letting a 5 star walk without fighting they basically gifting him to you cause they already saw the film (5star or not) Then the nfl sees the cfb film and had the reaction I had when they saw him. My boy hit me up he’s a jet fan to ask about him, I said he’s finesse (pause) he’s not physical and can be bullied and pushed around. Quick but that won’t get you nowhere if you not violent enough. Didn’t he weigh 250 going into his sr year at Palmetto?
I didn’t follow much recruiting or football during that Covid year but I do remember people on this board questioning Taylor’s ranking

He was highly rated but rankings that year should have an asterisk anyway

I didn’t follow much recruiting or football during that Covid year but I do remember people on this board questioning Taylor’s ranking

He was highly rated but rankings that year should have an asterisk anyway
facts

U still take him cause of where we were as a program and we needed anything and optics. We had a clown evaluator and a clown program any type of athlete we needed. But when your two headliners are him and JW and thats it thats terrible. During those down years we would always do that grab one or two high ranking players to play with regulars and ask them to dominate and build off just those guys which doesn't work. Im grateful though they came to play here knowing that and not just them the others before them.

Thats why when Bain committed Mario promised him he wouldn't be by himself that he will line him up with players like him he just needed time. And if I was Bain I would ask the same thing cause I wouldnt want to play with scrubs

Advertisement
Good for him, hope he gets it together. same of y'all need to stop hating on our own players. The kid came here when he didn't have to, he didn't live up to his potentials but I am thankful that he came here. I hope he's able to put it together in the league because he is talented.

Good for him, hope he gets it together. same of y'all need to stop hating on our own players. The kid came here when he didn't have to, he didn't live up to his potentials but I am thankful that he came here. I hope he's able to put it together in the league because he is talented.

He didnt live up to his potential because of his own actions.

Idk Bain a similar top 50(75 whatever he was) showed immediate flash and dominance like his talent showed coming in

LT never seemed to dominate at any point in his time here even with a manny diaz free for all Dline mentality.
He has a low motor and rarely seems to push himself. Tires easily. Gives in to fatigue.

Advertisement
He didnt live up to his potential because of his own actions.

I'll put most of it on him for certain.

Having said that, come GameDay, we've got some seriously high paid professionals that are charged with getting him ready for it. They do not get a pass. With the portal, seeing him day in and day out, if he isn't it come GameDay, again it's their job to find someone who will.

I also find it highly coincidental that the majority of our guys tested very poorly leading up to the draft. You've got years of time to prepare for that, so my question is why did they do that poorly.

I know it's the in thing to blame the former players for everything, but if that's what you want to do, sell me on the idea that these coaching salaries being justified for what they are.

Advertisement
I'll put most of it on him for certain.

Having said that, come GameDay, we've got some seriously high paid professionals that are charged with getting him ready for it. They do not get a pass. With the portal, seeing him day in and day out, if he isn't it come GameDay, again it's their job to find someone who will.

I also find it highly coincidental that the majority of our guys tested very poorly leading up to the draft. You've got years of time to prepare for that, so my question is why did they do that poorly.

I know it's the in thing to blame the former players for everything, but if that's what you want to do, sell me on the idea that these coaching salaries being justified for what they are.

There isnt a simple answer, its a little of both, but IMHO its more on the players than the coaches.

Jets actually a good fit for him if he works hard to earn his spot. Its a 5 star nfl star dt in that building he should learn from

Advertisement
Back