Leonard Taylor to Jets

Advertisement
Advertisement
He was always a way better run defender than he was a pass rusher. We need him the anchor for that very reason and he bombed then bailed.

I say good riddance. That man should’ve came back the way he played this year.

Coming out of Palmetto HS everyone had him 1st round pick in a few years-

He never seemed to have the work ethic to take his game to another level-

He’s got another shot he has talent question is will he put in the work?

Only he knows.

This happens to US more than anyone. Maybe we need to start selling kids on LA FAMILIA AND CHAMPIONSHIPS, not on draft picks. 2004 was 20 years ago. That’s how we ATTRACT these bums. Marketing strategies need REFRESHING.

He was always a way better run defender than he was a pass rusher. We need him the anchor for that very reason and he bombed then bailed.

I say good riddance. That man should’ve came back the way he played this year.

LMAO at him being an UDFA. His draft results mirror exactly what he deserved. If he makes it out of camp and is on the Jets roster by week one, I will be shocked.

Hope he’s happy with taking the advice from the guys at the barbershop, vs. all the experts who told him he was crazy not to come back to UM.

Although given his pathetic attitude, maybe we should be happy he’s gone and we never have to hear about him again.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Development is a great topic of conversation.

Who’s the responsible party for development? To ask it another way, who owns the result?

Ultimately the player.

But at some POINT, it’s too common of a THEME. we ATTRACT people that don’t OWN responsibility. these guys are in our BACKYARD. we should know they’re ****HEADS better than anyone

Development is a great topic of conversation.

Who’s the responsible party for development? To ask it another way, who owns the result?
Would he have been a high draft pick at another school? I don’t think so, a coach like Saban would’ve dropped him if he showed up with the same attitude and work ethic he had when he was here.

Advertisement
This happens to US more than anyone. Maybe we need to start selling kids on LA FAMILIA AND CHAMPIONSHIPS, not on draft picks. 2004 was 20 years ago. That’s how we ATTRACT these bums. Marketing strategies need REFRESHING.
I hear you, but that's not gonna get it done when you are recruiting elite 5* players. If Miami wants to consistently recruit 5* players, they will have to sell them that Miami is the best place in world to prepare for the NFL, and then Miami has to do it. Once they get in the door, it's about teaching that competition in every way is what gets you to the league, relentless competition. We aren't making that part clear enough and it really, really shows.

The stubborn leader things they can change people by force or influence.

People change when THEY want to change.
Clearly you have never been to a military bootcamp. That will change people. Great coaches, great leaders DO change people. They call to greater causes and foster winning chemistry. Study really, really successful head coaches and you will see their impact on people's lives.

Advertisement
It's not just us and it's not just LT...Every year teams have a guy that was "can't miss" coming out of high school that flamed out for whatever reason.... Some guys just can't make the jump from one level to another... When they're no longer the dominant player they either put in the work and become the dominant player again or fade...
Look at Bain.. put in the work and stayed dominant, yea the year wore on him a bit but he never slowed down.... LT apparently doesn't have that in him and today was the culmination of that lack of effort...
Trust me I wish no bad for him, hopefully he wakes up and can make something of himself with the Jets... Odds aren't in his favor but in the end he's the only one who really knows how bad he wants this....
Same with JW... Yea he got "drafted" but realistically being picked that late doesn't say a whole lot... Time to earn the bag if you want it...

Advertisement
Back