Leonard Taylor - not hurt

Advertisement
Nesta has been a massive disappointment, man. I’m not understanding what happened. Dude was an absolute monster in HS, and just hasn’t been the same here.

Happened to focus on Nesta one play where he got pushed straight back 6 yards - looked like he was on wheels. Pretty sure Taylor could at least accomplish that without any additional training...

Advertisement
Manny didn't play Leonard, because he has an inferiority complex as a HC. As a DC, he'll take more calculated risks and gambles. But as a HC, he's trying not to get fired (trending hard in that direction), instead of trying to take shots to win. The attitude leaked over to Baker and onto Lashleee.

It's the reason you still see the McClouds, Cams, Jennings, Iveys, and Carters of this world while more talented guys like Williams, Kam, and Taylor sit the bench. It's easier for a coach to say "Well, they have experience" than roll the dice on younger talent. However, every great coach will play the best person possible regardless of age. Saban, Urban. Like someone said, the talent is on limited time here in college, you may as well play them and get them reps.

So you're telling me that the young fresh talent we have on the bench is worse than what we had in that first half 27-3 gem? Get the f--- out of here with that sht. Manny, as a HC, doesn't know how to throw punches and shells up when the hands start flying. That attitude leaks onto the entire team.

I thought the d line played good. That Alabama online has a minimum of 2 guys who will be first rounders this year. Held them to under 4 yards per carry, had consistent pressure all night, we just couldn’t get the sack. I think young is just that elusive and we will start piling up the sacks against other teams

Rousseau was injured in camp and they eased him into starters minutes. #StopRepeatingBadInformation
Thanks Captain-Save-a-Manny. Just kidding, if you’re right, that’s fine. But let’s not pretend that playing older guys over more talented guys is not a thing in this program.

Nesta is a good ACC schedule type player

Non existant against the very talented teams

Need Taylor x4 like Bama has in order to compete

Advertisement
I thought the d line played good. That Alabama online has a minimum of 2 guys who will be first rounders this year. Held them to under 4 yards per carry, had consistent pressure all night, we just couldn’t get the sack. I think young is just that elusive and we will start piling up the sacks against other teams

Disagree they played well

Young had 4-5 seconds at time to scan the field

What was their YPC in the 1st half when the game still mattered?

Disagree they played well

Young had 4-5 seconds at time to scan the field

What was their YPC in the 1st half when the game still mattered?
When our best pass rusher is starting for the first time against an AA top 5 pick, you tend to have a drop off in pressure. The disappointment for me was with DT not getting home or pushing the pocket back consistently. Then you have mccloud who didn’t produce and Williams who should be SDE and asked to add 10lbs.

Thanks Captain-Save-a-Manny. Just kidding, if you’re right, that’s fine. But let’s not pretend that playing older guys over more talented guys is not a thing in this program.

He is right.

Having said that, this is a classic case of how fiction can become reality. GR wasn't ready to go and when he did, he made plays. **** those dumb coaches, always playing upperclassmen. People have an agenda so fiction becomes reality as they repeat something without fact checking to see if it's accurate. Happens all the time in life.

Advertisement
Who is our best pass rusher?

I see posters alluding to this player, without actually naming the player.

Advertisement
Manny didn't play Leonard, because he has an inferiority complex as a HC. As a DC, he'll take more calculated risks and gambles. But as a HC, he's trying not to get fired (trending hard in that direction), instead of trying to take shots to win. The attitude leaked over to Baker and onto Lashleee.

It's the reason you still see the McClouds, Cams, Jennings, Iveys, and Carters of this world while more talented guys like Williams, Kam, and Taylor sit the bench. It's easier for a coach to say "Well, they have experience" than roll the dice on younger talent. However, every great coach will play the best person possible regardless of age. Saban, Urban. Like someone said, the talent is on limited time here in college, you may as well play them and get them reps.

So you're telling me that the young fresh talent we have on the bench is worse than what we had in that first half 27-3 gem? Get the f--- out of here with that sht. Manny, as a HC, doesn't know how to throw punches and shells up when the hands start flying. That attitude leaks onto the entire team.
That makes no sense. If you’re trying to keep your job, you play mostly young players. It’s the oldest trick in the coaching book.

You get to use the “growing pains” excuse that buys you another season at least. Folden played Kaaya likely because of that.

Advertisement
Back