Leonard Taylor - logs 15 snaps

Advertisement
highest snap on dline was kelly at 21.. most of dline snaps were in the teens across the board..
And that’s the way it should be. Dline philosophy are going to a hockey line rotation type setup.

Advertisement
Branson Deen was as advertised. He really hustles. Not flashy at all, but active guy. I thought Harrison-Hunte looked good, too.

I didn't pick up on Moten in the game and I haven't gone back to watch, but people are saying he looked nice. I'll assume thats true.
While I was re-watching for the LBs, he stood out on a couple of snaps. They lined him up at 0, too. He held the point of attack, but flashes pretty good feet. He's like a player we used to let end up at Auburn and then ask "why didn't we get this guy?"

And that’s the way it should be. Dline philosophy are going to a hockey line rotation type setup.
I understand and agree but the post was made like he didnt play or was injured.. it starts speculation and I was adding context that most dlinemen were in teens of snap count.. changes the whole narrative..

Advertisement
The difference between Mario and Jimmy. JJ embraced it. Would rip you, scolded you, loved you, and would tell you to get back out there and play with discipline and that same passion.

Mario wants to tear your head off and bench you. Weak.
Another difference you neglected to mention is that referees now have the discretion to eject you after accumulating 2+ PF penalties, and you can miss time next week for it depending on what half it occurs in. In Jimmy's day, the ONLY way you left the game uninjured was if the coach pulled you.

I hate how high he plays, very bad pad level takes away from his natural abilities. Its been his problems since high school, i still expect a big year from him tho

Advertisement
Very encouraging sign. Yeah, he was getting held all night, but can’t do something stupid & hurt the team. Taylor will learn from it & sends a message to everyone else. Nice having roster depth where PT isn’t guaranteed.
There’s no denying LT is talented and we need him this year but remember when he was a freshman there was entirely too much talk about his attitude on the sideline about playing time

I’m willing to bet he’s taken that stuff to heart and will bounce back like a man possessed on Saturday

Another difference you neglected to mention is that referees now have the discretion to eject you after accumulating 2+ PF penalties, and you can miss time next week for it depending on what half it occurs in. In Jimmy's day, the ONLY way you left the game uninjured was if the coach pulled you.
That’s a very good point and one I admit didn’t cross my mind. That said, there’s better ways to motivate a young player other than benching him.

Advertisement
He’s still not in the shape he needs to be he’s definitely better but, he has to perform like the talent he is-Yes he’s gotten bigger his nutrition has improved but, his mindset got to be on point-

Hopefully we see it sooner than later-He’s huge for us this year.

Moten, has been a pleasant surprise he can really stuff the run-Saw him at Gibbons was impressed.

I don’t know whether he was “benched” for mouthing off or not, but given our depth at DT, it’s probably not a bad idea to limit his snaps in some of the easier games. I’m very concerned about our depth there.

Advertisement
Back