Leonard Taylor... leaving...?

Advertisement

Attachments

• IMG_9100.gif
    IMG_9100.gif
    795.4 KB · Views: 0
Advertisement
Advertisement
I hope he matures and learns better work ethic. Not sure I see first round but his size and athletic ability will get him drafted somewhat early. Effort and caring will decide his fate. Boom or bust.

TVD, Chaney, LT ... all those transfers before last season (Franklin, Brinson, etc.) ... seems like a theme from Manny's roster and over the past 20 years. As much as I have concerns about Bro Ball, Mario demanding mental toughness is such a breath of fresh air.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He wanted to be Gerald Willis. Shooting gaps and not having responsibility in the run game besides getting into the backfield fast. Had Manny stayed he probably would have been that. The guys he ended up playing for wanted a more traditional DT who can control gaps and not get moved easily. In that sense he vastly improved. It took him three years to reach the same technical level that Reuben Bain is already at. (Bain is still probable better in that regard). His effort definitely comes and goes though and when he gets lazy he gets sloppy and you still saw it from time to time this year although not nearly as much as previous years. If his effort matched his physical traits, he’d be a lock first rounder. His upside is Christian Wilkins, a stout run defender who is quick enough to beat blocks and make occasional plays in the backfield. But that would take a LOT of effort on his part. Wilkins is one of the hardest playing linemen in the league and LT takes plays off or gives up when his initial move gets stoned a bit too often.

Honest opinion. Nothing against the kid. Would love to have him back but I don’t fault him for leaving early. Especially since a team will take a chance on him fairly early. I hope he has a long and successful NFL career.

The 3-4 scheme we ran most the year was not to LTs favor. He can shoot those gaps and disrupt in a 4-3 at a much higher level. He’s not a big NT nor does he play like it, but he’s not supposed to be. He will go make some money here shortly.

Advertisement
Back