Leonard Taylor... leaving...?

I just cant get down with this mindset bro. No player should have any excuse for lack of effort. Not coaching changes, scheme changes, etc. If you cant give a season 100% effort then maybe you should transfer or reassess your life. Thats not fair to himself or his teammates. Id say the same to myself about my job.

Im a fan of his and hope to **** he goes in the 1st round (but I doubt it). Would be a great look for our program. Ill be rooting for him on draft day and beyond.
His lack of effort is really just opinion cause what if his motor is just his motor? Plenty of players suffer from that and that’s their downfall. We can go back and forth about mindsets and what not but it’s all business and my stance has always been clear. I’m overcharging everybody for what they did to Reggie bush. Go get paid lol

Advertisement
You didn’t ruffle my feathers bro. I would have liked to see him maximize his potential too but I’m also aware that this university failed him for every year he was here too lol I’m always gonna be in the players corner that’s just me
Not sure what this staff could’ve done to make him work harder or eat better. There has to be some self accountability and want to be great. Coaches can’t drag you to greatness. Maybe you’re talking schematic but even with that Guidry was in a tough spot with all the injuries. He had very little wiggle room with DL depth and fit.

I hope he changes things since he’ll be a professional and any success there helps recruiting and his family.

bingo and did the job UM needed him to. a first round DT goes a long way in recruiting future DTs same as how sending two DEs in the first round
I think people are speaking on the kid from fandom and I get it. But it’s a business and he didn’t have to do business with us at all. Lord knows his job sucked

Not sure what this staff could’ve done to make him work harder or eat better. There has to be some self accountability and want to be great. Coaches can’t drag you to greatness. Maybe you’re talking schematic but even with that Guidry was in a tough spot with all the injuries. He had very little wiggle room with DL depth and fit.

I hope he changes things since he’ll be a professional and any success there helps recruiting and his family.
He does have some maturing to do but if we’re only gonna acknowledge his bad and not Miami’s end I’m not sure there’s much of a convo to be had other than wishing the kid well bro lol

Advertisement
Really hard for me to blame the kid for lack of effort. What he signed up for is not what he got and he still didn’t jump ship to another program. He’s alright with me
Given your personal relationship, insight with certain players on the team and what they’ve dealt with here I can understand your sentiment, even though I disagree

Given your personal relationship, insight with certain players on the team and what they’ve dealt with here I can understand your sentiment, even though I disagree
And maybe you’re right. I can acknowledge personal relationships can make me have a biased stance. Not unfair to say at all. I think there’s nuance to the convo is all

He does have some maturing to do but if we’re only gonna acknowledge his bad and not Miami’s end I’m not sure there’s much of a convo to be had other than wishing the kid well bro lol
That’s fine. I’ll say there’s been two staffs , multiple dc’s , multiple DL coaches and the same stories. At some point it’s a you problem. Nobody said this staff doesn’t have issues but it’s been the same story with LT since day one.

All that said , I appreciate his time here, he had some good moments, been a pretty good player and made some nice paper. Good luck to him.

That’s fine. I’ll say there’s been two staffs , multiple dc’s , multiple DL coaches and the same stories. At some point it’s a you problem. Nobody said this staff doesn’t have issues but it’s been the same story with LT since day one.

All that said , I appreciate his time here, he had some good moments, been a pretty good player and made some nice paper. Good luck to him.
I’m not trying to bail the kid out cribs. Reality gonna hit him in that man’s league. But the convo you and I are having now should have been had already. It’s much too late for it lol

Advertisement
If you remember I called this kid to UM months before all the recruiting experts got on board . He was all Gator. There’s a reason for that. So I’ll just say I was pretty close to this one , I know the story somewhat well. From multiple sides.

His lack of effort is really just opinion cause what if his motor is just his motor? Plenty of players suffer from that and that’s their downfall. We can go back and forth about mindsets and what not but it’s all business and my stance has always been clear. I’m overcharging everybody for what they did to Reggie bush. Go get paid lol

Now that I can understand. Everyone's motor is different. If he was giving 100% of what his motor allows, then great. It was just your statement came across as giving him an excuse if he did have lack of effort. Hopefully that makes sense.

Now that I can understand. Everyone's motor is different. If he was giving 100% of what his motor allows, then great. It was just your statement came across as giving him an excuse if he did have lack of effort. Hopefully that makes sense.
Poorly worded. He didn’t prepare like a first rounder off the field in training or anything that requires greatness but I’ve never seen the motor people expected from him on any level he’s played on. I just think that’s him at this point

Advertisement
The folks on here trying to act like LT didn’t work hard because of the state of the program are the same ones who were simping for Gattis when TVD hit the wall midseason.
We’ve seen a million players like LT. All the talent but doesn’t grind.
I don’t think it’s character it’s just not inherent. It’ll get exposed in the NFL. Good luck to the kid, his absence was noticeable against LV.

I know raw sack numbers don't mean much…I get it. But the kid had 1 sack and a couple QB hits all season.

He does a lot of good well and a ton of upside. I just think he won't sniff 1st round and another year would help him get there.

If you know they don't mean much why use it as the foundation of your point?

His very presence and command of a double team helped other players get sacks. Playing with gap discipline, being moved around from 0,1,3 techniques, and not getting absolutely destroyed on double teams means a lot.

Mind you he had no consistent help to keep him from being doubled with Deen hurt half the season and Bain getting less minutes.

Notice how Bain was basically neutralized when LT went out? That's what happens when you're the only threat to focus on. With LT, Bain, and Deen playing our defense was a force.

It's a reason why guys with the raw numbers (Gerald Willis) never got any 1st round grades. Most coaches would rather their Dtackles keep LB clean and play with gap discipline, while hopefully making a few plays in that process.

HE will gone, 1st 2 rounds.

26th to the cowboys.

26th to the cowboys. Kam 27th to the 49ers

26th to the cowboys. Kam 28th to the Jags

He could potentially go hire if he test well. Could easily slide to the 2nd, but DT is a premium position.

He’s certainly not falling to the fifth round lol

As a cowboys fan……I’m not on board with this….

Advertisement

Two things can be true. Lt played out of position and LT’s love for the game is questionable

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back