Leonard Taylor... leaving...?

Advertisement
My only issue with Mario is Saturdays
Yea.. No doubt... Almost wish we let Mario run the behind the scenes and just hire someone for gameday activities... Or.......Let the OC and DC do the full capabilities of their jobs and stay out of the way... But... We know that's not gonna happen..

C'mon guy's, this is a family message board. Put your ****s away
the office GIF

Advertisement
This is the only kid who should've left early. Can't blame him at all. His effort was questionable at times, but the NFL doesn't care a ton about that. They say what he can do when he's at max motor and they'll bet on that. He'll likely be a late Round 1 or Round 2 pick depending how he tests, and if/when that's the case, you'd be dumb to come back to school.

Kam and James will not go close to that high, and both should have come back. And honestly our wallets should have made sure they did. Pay them what they're going to get next year, which is probably about a million bucks for a late day 2, early day 3 pick.

Can't blame the youngin for jumping if the NFL thinks he's a 1st or a 2nd rd. pick. For the posters that commented on him taking plays off. If he takes plays off in THAT league, he will get himself, or the guy lined up behind him, hurt. Dems some grown *** men, with mortgages, and fake ****ies to pay for. You don't hang around that league for long, if you "half-assing" it. NFL stands for "Not For Long", for those types.

Advertisement
I don't blame him for leaving, at least he'll sniff the first round. What I don't get is when guys leave to be Day 3 picks. Honestly, I'm done with the "NFL U" marketing, it's created a mercenary feel around the program for far too long. Where this program was once about winning(even if you had to make a sacrifice to get there), about being a tight knit family, it's now about "I will do the bare minimum to get a draft grade and as soon as I get it, I'm out of here". I believe that Mario is trying to combat that, you can't keep losing guys year after year, most of whom have little chance of playing in the NFL, while programs like Alabama, Georgia, etc have legit players willingly warm the bench and wait their turn. You have guys at those schools that are legit 1st rounders choose to come back and run it back. Miami loses guys that are at best 2nd day selections that run for the exits as soon as the season ends.

I don't blame him for leaving, at least he'll sniff the first round. What I don't get is when guys leave to be Day 3 picks. Honestly, I'm done with the "NFL U" marketing, it's created a mercenary feel around the program for far too long. Where this program was once about winning(even if you had to make a sacrifice to get there), about being a tight knit family, it's now about "I will do the bare minimum to get a draft grade and as soon as I get it, I'm out of here". I believe that Mario is trying to combat that, you can't keep losing guys year after year, most of whom have little chance of playing in the NFL, while programs like Alabama, Georgia, etc have legit players willingly warm the bench and wait their turn. You have guys at those schools that are legit 1st rounders choose to come back and run it back. Miami loses guys that are at best 2nd day selections that run for the exits as soon as the season ends.
You have to do 3 years after high school before you're draft eligible.... If after 3 years you're draft eligible, especially high draft grade then by all means go... Sure some guys should stay but we're only talking a one year difference..... It's not like B-Ball where you can do a one and done...
Transfer portal hurts teams way more than draft eligibility does...

Advertisement
Hey man. If he leaves a first rounder he did the job his family needed him to
I doubt first round happens, it is a meh dt draft though.I’ve never knocked him on leaving. I know his family situation more than most here. If anything him leaving and getting drafted early helps us. I’ve just stated facts , not excuses. I know that can ruffle feathers these days. If he doesn’t fix effort and work ethic he’ll be out of the league fast. He’s the ultimate boom or bust player.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The 3-4 scheme we ran most the year was not to LTs favor. He can shoot those gaps and disrupt in a 4-3 at a much higher level. He’s not a big NT nor does he play like it, but he’s not supposed to be. He will go make some money here shortly.
3-4 scheme 👀

I doubt first round happens, it is a meh dt draft but I’ve never knocked him on leaving. I know his family situation more than most here. I’ve just stated facts , not excuses. I know that can rustle feathers these days. If he doesn’t fix effort and work ethic he’ll be out of the league fast. He’s the ultimate boom or bust player.
You didn’t ruffle my feathers bro. I would have liked to see him maximize his potential too but I’m also aware that this university failed him for every year he was here too lol I’m always gonna be in the players corner that’s just me

Really hard for me to blame the kid for lack of effort. What he signed up for is not what he got and he still didn’t jump ship to another program. He’s alright with me
I just cant get down with this mindset bro. No player should have any excuse for lack of effort. Not coaching changes, scheme changes, etc. If you cant give a season 100% effort then maybe you should transfer or reassess your life. Thats not fair to himself or his teammates. Id say the same to myself about my job.

Im a fan of his and hope to **** he goes in the 1st round (but I doubt it). Would be a great look for our program. Ill be rooting for him on draft day and beyond.

Advertisement
Back